Test Rugby 2014 Rugby Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
First game tonight. Bledisloe Cup game 1.

Been reading lots of positive stuff off the back of the Super Rugby win. A bit premature?

Should be lots of Kiwi support in Sydney tonight. Reckon the Aussies might just grab game 1 by 6-10 points.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
I dunno, I get the feeling the Kiwis will smash us by 50 points to 10 or something. I just didn't like the look on Ewen McKenzie's face when he was questioned about Beale being picked over Foley, reminded me of the way Robbie Deans used to behave when he was stumped for answers.

Anyway, here's hoping for something different; I always think of the 2003 RWC semi-final, which was the last time the Wallabies surprised me after I had truly wrote them off.

Best of luck to the men in gold.

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not the worst game in my opinion given the conditions. Was pretty tense and the Wallabies had their opportunities to win and just couldn't get it over the line.

I think Phipps should start ahead of White. White's pass was slow and his box kicking poor. I'm also unconvinced about Beale at 10. I thought the Wallabies forwards went well though.

In the other match South Africa were pretty lucky to beat Argentina 13-6 in even worse conditions. I didn't see all of it, but most of what I saw was Argentina on top. South Africa scored a try very early and that was the difference in the end.

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
You guys are kidding yourselves. McCaw's yellow was an absolute obvious card. Wallabies hot on attack, he's lying on the ground and knocks the ball away with his hand. It's a professional foul and a yellow card every single time. Completely cynical.

Wallabies yellow was a lot softer but I think it was more to do with repeated infringements than anything else. The Wallabies discipline has been poor.

All Blacks are dominating this now. Looks like another year without the Bledisloe. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've got no problem with Richie's - deserved and nice to see, for a change.

I thought ours was pissweak.

In isolation it was soft, but it came off the back of 4 or 5 penalties in a short period of time and there's always the danger of receiving a card when that happens.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Sigh, may as well keep the Bledisoe over in NZ, don't even bring it back over here, not even for display or teasing. The wallabies will never again win a series against them kiwis.

And btw Adelaide Oval (& every major stadium in Australia) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eden Park graveyard

Last edited:

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
In the other match South Africa beat Argentina 33-31. By all reports Argentina were the better team on the day, but as has become common with them in the last couple of years, they weren't able to close out the win. Nevertheless, Argentina are clearly moving forward, while the same can't be said about the Boks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back