Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
A dour win for the ABs.

Was there any promotion for the game on the GC tonight? Crowd looks horrid.

Came in to talk about this. I saw the game on another screen at a pub watching the Shockers. 10,000? That;s terrible. It was an awful crowd for Oz v Argies over here in Perth last year but that was when a thunderstorm rolled over the city and even then that was 25,000 or so.

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Geez we're lucky Argentina only decided to play for the last 20 minutes. Despite complete dominance for 60 odd minutes we kept making mistakes and poor decisions when hot on attack. If it wasn't for Argentina bombing a certain try at the end it would have been 32 all with 4 or 5 minutes left.

Crowd was a little over 14k, which is pathetic. I'd say it'll be the last time they play a test match in the Gold Coast unless they have some contractual requirement. The Sevens will also move - most likely to Sydney which would be a good change. The Gold Coast is the worst sporting city in Australia and all sports have struggled there. It's like Miami in America.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Geez we're lucky Argentina only decided to play for the last 20 minutes. Despite complete dominance for 60 odd minutes we kept making mistakes and poor decisions when hot on attack. If it wasn't for Argentina bombing a certain try at the end it would have been 32 all with 4 or 5 minutes left.

Crowd was a little over 14k, which is pathetic. I'd say it'll be the last time they play a test match in the Gold Coast unless they have some contractual requirement. The Sevens will also move - most likely to Sydney which would be a good change. The Gold Coast is the worst sporting city in Australia and all sports have struggled there. It's like Miami in America.

Yep. That is going to happen either next year or the year after. I reckon 2015.

They really should. Toomua hasn't played horrible but Beale deserves a shot at the spot he played so well in for the Tahs.

Putting Phipps, Foley and Beale together is the way to go.

Well put it this way it can't go any worse. They go on and on about Beale's defence...it sure wasn't that bad in the Super 15. Toomua is just solid and if he is not kicking it serves no purpose in playing him

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I bought tickets to the Wallabies vs All Blacks game @ Suncorp Stadium. First Rugby Union game ever. I'm assuming this will be a good game?

I bought tickets to the Wallabies vs All Blacks game @ Suncorp Stadium. First Rugby Union game ever. I'm assuming this will be a good game?

Depends...it could be okay, depends how many injuries the Wallabies have. Usually is fairly close.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Depends...it could be okay, depends how many injuries the Wallabies have. Usually is fairly close.
From what I can tell with my limited knowledge, it should be a decent crowd. Regardless of the result, if it's a decent atmosphere, I'll be happy!

From what I can tell with my limited knowledge, it should be a decent crowd. Regardless of the result, if it's a decent atmosphere, I'll be happy!

Always is a 40K plus crowd in Brisbane. Hopefully Australia win is South Africa and the last match between Aus/NZ is for the title.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Pretty enjoyable game this morning. Argies took it to the AB's and with some luck may have been a lot closer at halftime.

Some very good tries and some very good set pieces which never quite went right for both sides.

A bonus point win and Champs again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Pretty enjoyable game this morning. Argies took it to the AB's and with some luck may have been a lot closer at halftime.

Some very good tries and some very good set pieces which never quite went right for both sides.

A bonus point win and Champs again.
WTF for some reason I thought this game was tonight. Can't believe I missed it :( lamel.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Was poor form by the Wallabies too in Cape Town. Played a great 60 minute game, then made some lazy mistakes and let the Boks storm ahead. Very upsetting. Oh well.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
And everyone thought Deans was the issue........

Diabolical performance - and all self inflicted. But I am amazing the laser shining at Foley wasn't made more of an issue - imagine if that happened here, in New Zealand or South Africa...........It certainly played a role in him missing that last shot.

And everyone thought Deans was the issue........

Diabolical performance - and all self inflicted. But I am amazing the laser shining at Foley wasn't made more of an issue - imagine if that happened here, in New Zealand or South Africa...........It certainly played a role in him missing that last shot.

Maybe but he has never been a great goalkicker...the one before was even worse!

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Sounds like the setup is totally ******; this Patson apparently sledging the players, Beales (who seems like a dickhead, to be fair) blow up sparked by her telling him he'd never play for the Wallabies again?
Combined with McKenzie refusing to believe Patson is in any way at fault is a crock of useless. He's a useless prick and he needs to go.

Beale going to NRL is the worst possible outcome for the code in this country. What a terribly handled situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back