Test Rugby 2014 Rugby Championship

Discussion in 'Rugby Union' started by AuckMel, Aug 16, 2014.

Put it out there
  1. LukeParkerno1

LukeParkerno1 Premium Platinum

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    LMAO stop whinging that the so called great QLD Reds coach was turfed despite losing two tests to NZ they should have won this year, a test against Argentina...coupled with his brain moronic selections at the selection table. Deserves to be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Experimental

Experimental SUNSATIONAL

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Green Bay Packers
    Starting with Cooper and Skelton would have given us a better advantage. Or maybe not playing Nic White at all. What an embarrassment.

Speaking of Skelton, is there any reason why he hasn't played since his game several weeks ago where he was clearly BOG?

3. Lions1024

Lions1024 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fitzroy
    David Pocock, Liam Gill & C Faingaa. I daresay, Michael Hooper is one player we can afford to lose.

he's too fat atm. He's too unfit to be playing 80 minutes, and he gains too much weight if he sits on the bench. Come on, Cooper only returned to club footy a few weeks back. If there was one contentious selection it was Cooper on the bench.

Let me know what these selections are? Are you going to use Beale at flyhalf again? You're like a broken record... What players did he select out of position again?

bombersno1 you're no better than the Fairfax journalists. You make me sick.

4. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Ask McKensie, NFI why he rather has the uselessness of Horwill over Skelton, not to mention selecting Toomua over and over again...amazing the minute you punt him, out backline looked the best all season. Picking Beale at fly half when Foley was the best fly half domestically...I could go on too.

5. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Beale at fly half, White anywhere near the team, Toomua over Lealifano when Foley is AT BEST at 7/10 goalkicker (I'm being generous here), Skelton not being picked- he is a perfect bench player.

6. Maester

Maester Team Captain

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Skelton needs to get a lot fitter. He's been pretty poor and lazy in the matches he's played in the new NRC and isn't suited to a match played at a high pace. The All Blacks would have exposed him in defence if he was on the field for more than about 15 minutes.

7. Lions1024

Lions1024 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fitzroy
    Jesus Christ.

Beale at flyhalf = mistake. Beale anywhere near the team = mistake. Link paid dearly for it.

Toomua over Lilo = 100% not a mistake. Lilo up until tonight was in pretty horrendous form in the NRC. Lilo was last man standing.

Lilo was kicking well below 50% in the NRC up until he was pulled from goalkicking duties. Has a massive case of the yips.

Skelton has major weight/fitness issues.

8. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Beale at fly half, more than a mistake, it was a shocking error that my dead dog could see was wrong even before the game. There is a good reason he has barely played a match at fly half in the last 2 years!

Toomua is dreadful, for a so called good 'defender' he sure misses a lot of tackles. Godwin is the best one though if fit. However Lilo should have been picked no question.

Skelton can easily play 10-15 minutes at the end of a match as an impact player.

9. red+black

red+black Hall of Famer

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Liverpool, Melbourne Storm
    hopefully now we won't have to put up with you spelling his name wrong every single ******* time

Experimental likes this.
  10. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Not my fault he was useless. Glad he is gone, best decision rugby has made in 10 years. Glad we are being proactive.

11. red+black

red+black Hall of Famer

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Liverpool, Melbourne Storm
    But it is your fault that you spell his name wrong.

Experimental likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Lions1024

Lions1024 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fitzroy
    I reckon that's it for me supporting the Wallabies.

Good luck to the ARU. This is the beginning of the end for rugby as a legitimate national sporting code.

13. Maester

Maester Team Captain

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Geez it isn't that bad. Next year the Reds will undoubtedly be a lot better and average crowds over 30,000. The Waratahs will have a big boost in crowds due to last year's win. Both the Force and Rebels have reason to expect good seasons.

And the Wallabies have a lot of depth at the moment in most positions. The internal culture will improve because it has to. Beale will be gone. I'd guess there will be a new captain.

These things change so fast. After the Wallabies smashed France and the Waratahs won super rugby the sport was on this big high. 3 months later and it's all terrible. Yet after this week from hell the Wallabies almost, and should have beaten the All Blacks. Performing well next season, and especially at the world cup is not out of the question.

Experimental likes this.
  14. Lions1024

Lions1024 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fitzroy
    I'll still support the Waratahs 100% next year, I'll still support UniQLD and Brisbane City aswell. Just won't be supporting the Wallabies.

In terms of the national setup, this is the start of an all-out war between factions within the ARU. As Kearns mentioned, the people who have been spreading the rumours, influencing certain players and leaking to journalists are well known. I suspect the people behind Link will want/get revenge. Cheika is our only hope, but if he walks into the job now, don't expect him to last a year. Link is a far more politically savvy than Cheika and look what happened.

While there's no doubting Link underperformed as national coach, he's done nothing to warrant his sacking. He's the innocent victim here. To think that this all started because Kurtley refused to wear a ******* tshirt...

15. robbieando

robbieando Moderator

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Yep, if Cheika gets the job the factions will be out for blood and he'll be in the crosshairs rightly or wrongly. Jake White is the safe option as he has a working knowledge of how the ARU works factions wise, has International experience, has worked at Super Rugby level here in Australia and would be able to put in place his gameplan quickly with just 8 games left to the start of the World Cup.

End of the day it doesn't matter who takes Australia to the World Cup, your grouped with England and Wales. Tough ask to get out of the group just got harder

16. Maester

Maester Team Captain

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Well he hasn't been sacked. And to be fair, if he honestly felt he couldn't get the support of the players then he's better off stepping down.

I reckon Cheika will come in and it'll be the best result. He's familiar with all the players and can just build on what he's done with the Waratahs. I hope he doesn't try to play politics at all. Just goes in, says I'm going to do it my way, and lives or dies by it.

17. Amazing Racer

Amazing Racer Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
    What a farce - whether McKenzie is a good coach or not, it is disgraceful the team is run by the players and not the coach. I have no idea if it is the Waratahs players leading it because they won a comp but it is pretty ordinary. The sooner a guy like Pocock is fit and back in this team, the better.

We aren't going anywhere in the World Cup, regardless of who is in charge

18. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    How does getting a better coach make it harder for Australia. Glad the lemon is gone.

Experimental likes this.
  19. S120

S120 Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Wallabies
    Australian reporting that Cheika has agreed in principle to take the job and will somehow balance the Tahs head coaching role and the Wallabies head coaching role in a RWC year...if so, he's got a ridiculous amout of work to do over the next 12 months.

Experimental likes this.
  20. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Disappointing for the Tahs but Cheika is the best coach in Australia. Where is that bloke that said Cheika was no chance...get some better sources lol

21. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 Norm Smith Medallist

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    So the NSW power base has been confirmed. You can forget about our chances at next years WC. Might as well pick the whole Waratahs side so we can be 100% certain who to blame instead of 95% for our instability.

22. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    No the best coach had been confirmed that is Cheika

23. robbieando

robbieando Moderator

Sydney
    Other teams:
  24. LukeParkerno1

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Sydney Swans
    He made an error but he hasn't done anything since! Any coach is better than Link!

25. robbieando

robbieando Moderator

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Oh so its OK for him to make an error....nice double standards you have there.

Also it was his SECOND error and a third sees the Australians back looking for another coach for the World Cup....but hey lets rush into this and not get the right person. Its not as if the world isn't laughing at you all already