Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
so they win two games in a row and suddenly he is safe again in the job

do you really think we lost as a result of coaching?
its a talent problem, our scrum is the best its been in a generation and line out isn't completely useless, our defence is improving.
we still have trouble at the break down and our kicking game is vomit inducing, but overall our issues stem from a lack of quality players.

this isn't club footy its rep footy, what matters from a coaching stand point is the squad communicates, understands the gameplan and gets the technical things right, there's only 3 reasons to ditch a national coach

1: he's taking the team backwards.
2: the team is getting the technical aspects of the game wrong.
3: there's a better coach waiting in the wings who could do more with the personal on the park.

given that Cheika has improved the squad and are no where near as horrible as they have been in the last 4 years, despite what casual followers of the game who only look at the scoreboard think, the only question remaining is "is there there a better coach on the horizon?"

I honestly don't know, what i do know is that given our shallow Australias rugby stocks are the moment, we have to be sure the replacement coach can do better and keep them team up. Because frankly we don't have the talent to defeat New Zealand, England and most likely France. in every game we've lost its been because we were out muscled and/or out paced, plenty more defeats lay ahead of us.

Argentina was a concerning game, it was the most undisciplined i've seen us play in quite some time it should have been a regulation win, but we turned it into a much closer contest then it should have been. Far more concerning then being smashed by the AB's, But overall cheika has held this team together quite well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back