Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson is due back in two weeks aswell I just heard.

Don't know how that will affect Jaensch scoring wise. o_O
So what are our thoughts on this?

Henderson not expected to play SANFL until third week of June.

With Jaensch flying will the Crows rush him back, or give him a couple of weeks in the SANFL for match fitness?

Once he's back, will Jaensch's role change?

With Jaensch flying will the Crows rush him back, or give him a couple of weeks in the SANFL for match fitness?

Hope not as I just traded him in. LOL!

Jaensch's been one of Adelaide's best 5 players this year playing that role, why would they dump him/move him for Hendo who played half a season in that role last year no better than what Jaensch has and is coming back from a serious injury? If anything, Hendo will have to work hard to earn his spot back into the best 22 and then he might go back to being the bits and pieces utility he was before he played HB last year.

Will finish my defence this week, pretty happy with how it's turned out.

Swallow, Simpson, McViegh, Smith, Jaench, Murphy.

Am getting Smith this week, but could go Birchall or Hanley too.

Will finish my defence this week, pretty happy with how it's turned out.

Swallow, Simpson, McViegh, Smith, Jaench, Murphy.

Am getting Smith this week, but could go Birchall or Hanley too.

I'd rather get Hanley than Smith mate since you already have Jaensch.

Got a feeling that Hanley is going to kill it in the second half of the season now that Lions draw has opened up.

Got a feeling that Hanley is going to kill it in the second half of the season now that Lions draw has opened up.
Yeah fair call. That extra cash could also allow me to get Rockliff next week too :thumbsu:

Brodie Smith a good choice for a perm spot in the defence?

Dont really know much about him, but has too many blokes down there avg 60-80 and dont really have the bank/trades to try and fill it with avg100+s

Fuller.. Where art thou??

timtamWB??
Let me paint you a word picture:

I'm 178cm and around 85kg. A bit overweight, but not obese or anything close to it. I'm extremely unfit, to the point where I can't run for more than 5 minutes and I've kicked a football once in the past 4 years.

I have not much awareness, not fast, don't have a good football brain, and don't have any skills relating to football.

I have more chance of getting a game for the Dogs than Fuller does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuller will probably get delisted at the end of the season.

Man he has been an anti climax sc wise. :drunk:
Just anti climactic all around. We thought he would be close to getting an AFL game, maybe even start round 1. He's been injured and lucky to be getting a game in the VFL :oops:

Just anti climactic all around. We thought he would be close to getting an AFL game, maybe even start round 1. He's been injured and lucky to be getting a game in the VFL :oops:
He's no Terlich/B Goodes that's for sure. :rainbow:

They still have Freo x2, Collingwood, North Melbourne and Geelong in their run home, it's hardly "opened up" for them.

They still have Freo x2, Collingwood, North Melbourne and Geelong in their run home, it's hardly "opened up" for them.

Hanleys a great player though so should do well against those teams still.

He's also at a bargain price so I'm bringing him in to complete my backline. :thumbsu:

Some of Walkers scores were ridiculously high last year in comparison to his influence on those games.
Yep. I like to call it the Cotchin effect. Remember him going huge against Melb and all day he was just the link man at CHB unmanned when Carlton switched the ball. Had SFA impact on the game but scored stupidly because they were all 30m effective kicks.

Thoughts on bringing in Hibberd?

Have just enough cash to get him & could loop the rest of the year with Spudright and Rob.

9c356d492cf0fec04682de4cfb67721c.png

Thoughts on bringing in Hibberd?

Have just enough cash to get him & could loop the rest of the year with Spudright and Rob.

9c356d492cf0fec04682de4cfb67721c.png
Definitely don't need Langdon AND Murphy, too many 400k+ players. Should get rid of one of them... even downgrading Murphy to cheap cover with good job security like Steve Morris or Tom Lonergan would give you cash to get midfield production type defenders like Bartel or Simpson (who I don't think will go as well as he was due to Walker being back in the side, as seen in the last 2 weeks) etc.

Anyone know anything about Tim Mohr of GWS? Seemed to score pretty well towards the end of last year, and ramping up some scores this year with 89 and 108 in the last two. Are they a flash in the pan or could he genuinely do something crazy like average 90 to finish off the year?

Anyone know anything about Tim Mohr of GWS? Seemed to score pretty well towards the end of last year, and ramping up some scores this year with 89 and 108 in the last two. Are they a flash in the pan or could he genuinely do something crazy like average 90 to finish off the year?

Definitely not. He's a 65-70(max) average KP defender. If he averages 72-73 from here you will be doing well. 389k is paying massive overs for him. This sort of trade is done by people who are either 1st year SC players or still haven't quite worked out how SC works. Have you not learnt anything from having Talia in your team?

If you want a value for money SC Def, you'd be much better off paying 60k less and getting in a D/M like Jack Grimes 331k. Averaging 75 so far this year, but has averaged 80-94+ 5 times previously. Durability has been an issue, but did average 88 from a full season 2 years ago and that was in a much crappier Melbourne team. Definitely a player who is capable of averaging 90+ SC over the last 10 rounds if you're short of cash or want to take a risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back