Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not. He's a 65-70(max) average KP defender. If he averages 72-73 from here you will be doing well. 389k is paying massive overs for him. This sort of trade is done by people who are either 1st year SC players or still haven't quite worked out how SC works. Have you not learnt anything from having Talia in your team?

If you want a value for money SC Def, you'd be much better off paying 60k less and getting in a D/M like Jack Grimes 331k. Averaging 75 so far this year, but has averaged 80-94+ 5 times previously. Durability has been an issue, but did average 88 from a full season 2 years ago and that was in a much crappier Melbourne team. Definitely a player who is capable of averaging 90+ SC over the last 10 rounds if you're short of cash or want to take a risk.

Ah, ok, fair enough. Wasn't aware that he was a KPD (or even who he was really), just saw a couple of decent scores from him and a low relative B/E and thought I'd ask the question. Had no idea who he was really, and certainly wouldn't have traded him in without getting the knowledge from here first. Just looking for an alternative in case I want to go cheaper then Hurn. Grimes (and to a lesser extent Watts) is certainly one that I'm keeping an eye on too, thanks.

P.S. If you want proof of how ridiculous SuperCoach Golds predictions are take a look at Jack Grimes. They've basically got him averaging 60 points for the rest of the season. Nowhere in his past or this years form does he indicate those kind of scores.

P.S. If you want proof of how ridiculous SuperCoach Golds predictions are take a look at Jack Grimes. They've basically got him averaging 60 points for the rest of the season. Nowhere in his past or this years form does he indicate those kind of scores.

I don't pay much attention to SC gold. Their projected scores don't seem to correlate with a player's recent or historic record against particular teams. It's only good for B/E's.

Which is more in line with his previous years SC averages.

You mean in more recent years, yes?
!----burg.jpg

Reckon he'll average 95-100+ again when Mitchell comes back in. Could be useful during SC finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know he's a key defender don't you?

Another Gardiner at best

Yeh, so what? o_O He would be D8 the emergency for the emergency. :rolleyes:

Oh and I have Gardiner. Have had him for 6 weeks and never had to start him. He has made me almost 100k though sitting harmlessly at D8. Should I ever be in desperate need of 45-50 points he is better than a 0 :cool:

Gardiner and Cutler are having a titanic battle over who was the better D7 pickup. Looks like big Cutler is losing right now.

At least Gardiner has played 9 games straight and avoided the sub vest in all bar 1 game.

Well I can't remember his scores in the 2 games before that :p

76 & 85 against Haw & Geel so I should cut him a bit of slack. However, most of his 100+ scores have been against bottom 8 teams.:rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back