Position 2014 SC Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of Buddy with Tippet in the side.

The smart SC'er in me wanted to bring him in last week, but I decided against it and brought in Pendles. Not regretting that. Logical choice at the time.

Now with Buddy's price rise before rd 12, I don't know whether I want to complete my fwd line with him.

Danger, Harvey, Parker, Martin, Roughead, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie

R.Gray's price is putting me off. Wingard is an option.

Having Roughead brings into play the KPF issue.

Buddy hell... I don't even know right now...

Edit: Jiska I actually need your help right now
FYI, if you edit a post and add a tag, it doesn't send an alert - only works for new posts :)

I'd prefer Gray even though he's priced highly. He's priced highly for a reason.

If you did want to get a KPF, Buddy would be the best option. Personally I won't get him but I can understand the love. He's one of a few KPF that has a track record of consistency week in, week out, but has been off last year because of the pending move and first half of this year learning team structure. When up and going, though he'd be a Dangerfield type lock up forward.

FYI, if you edit a post and add a tag, it doesn't send an alert - only works for new posts :)

I'd prefer Gray even though he's priced highly. He's priced highly for a reason.

If you did want to get a KPF, Buddy would be the best option. Personally I won't get him but I can understand the love. He's one of a few KPF that has a track record of consistency week in, week out, but has been off last year because of the pending move and first half of this year learning team structure. When up and going, though he'd be a Dangerfield type lock up forward.

Bringing in Gray will delay my full side by a week/maybe two because of the cash needed.

Over the next 3 weeks:

Selwood, Buddy, Bartel/Hibberd (undecided order)

OR

Over the next 4/5 weeks:

Selwood, Gray, Bartel/Hibberd

So I'd lose 1 or 2 weeks of premo scores. Research needed on my part as to who will provide the best long term benefit. I'm sitting 14th in my cash league but with the highest league total score. I seem to meet everyone on their "good week". Need the league wins desperately.

Bringing in Gray will delay my full side by a week/maybe two because of the cash needed.

Over the next 3 weeks:

Selwood, Buddy, Bartel/Hibberd (undecided order)

OR

Over the next 4/5 weeks:

Selwood, Gray, Bartel/Hibberd

So I'd lose 1 or 2 weeks of premo scores. Research needed on my part as to who will provide the best long term benefit. I'm sitting 14th in my cash league but with the highest league total score. I seem to meet everyone on their "good week". Need the league wins desperately.
Selwood, Gray, Bartel for mine.

Jarryd Roughead has been disgusting this year. He has two weeks to redem himself or he's gone.

FWDS generally are annoying
Very true. Danger has been the only solid option for me this year and even he had an ordinary start to the year averaging only 91.5 from his first 4 games. Dusty was very hit and miss early, Buddy was terrible and TMitchell was worse. Pav was ok i guess, especially at his price. Fwds have been so inconsistent this year. Hats off to anyone who had a fwd line consisting of Danger,Gray and Parker from the start.

FWIW i tossed and turned on TMitchell or Parker all pre season only to choose TMit. Oh how bad that choice became:(

Never even entertained the idea of Gray. But as soon as funds allow it(Next week or week after) i will be bringing him in for Pav:thumbsu:

Very true. Danger has been the only solid option for me this year and even he had an ordinary start to the year averaging only 91.5 from his first 4 games. Dusty was very hit and miss early, Buddy was terrible and TMitchell was worse. Pav was ok i guess, especially at his price. Fwds have been so inconsistent this year. Hats off to anyone who had a fwd line consisting of Danger,Gray and Parker from the start.

FWIW i tossed and turned on TMitchell or Parker all pre season only to choose TMit. Oh how bad that choice became:(

Never even entertained the idea of Gray. But as soon as funds allow it(Next week or week after) i will be bringing him in for Pav:thumbsu:
Makes Higgins look like a keeper at this stage.

So bloody true
Danger been what everyone expected i guess
I got Dusty 3 weeks ago so his 118,134,102 have been a god send
TMit - may god rest his lonely 64 touch soul
NRoo - started like a star, now struggling badly and bleeding cash
Gray - for 3 years i banged on about how good he was and never gave him a thought this year.
Pav been okay
Higgins - been (was) gold
Cyril was always going to go twang
Boomer has been solid but he was pricey

Parker has been good, will he keep it up

Real question is who will be the 400K - 450K player who will jump from the pack and average 95+ from here

Real question is who will be the 400K - 450K player who will jump from the pack and average 95+ from here

Zorko has averaged 100.5 (take out his shitty game v North), which would put him 5th for fwds this year by ave.

At 403k, can't be not in consideration.

Zorko has averaged 100.5 (take out his shitty game v North), which would put him 5th for fwds this year by ave.

At 403k, can't be not in consideration.

I have Zorko, brought him just before he Sharted his pantz all nite against the kangas, will be a top 6 fwd by years end agreed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone care to mention Wingard?

Feels just like the T.Mitchell and Parker situation except its Wingard and Gray.

Wingard is Mitchell and Parker is Gray. I went and picked Wingard thinking he would continue his midfield role just like how people would have thought Mitchell would play in the midfield.

Turns out that Mitchell and Wingard both end up spending large amounts or the whole game forward (Wingard) while Parker and Gray play midfield. :rolleyes:

Easily my biggest mistake was starting Wingard over Gray and I just regret it every bloody week. :(

Only thing that gets me through it all is that I keep saying to myself that I wasn't to know that Wingard would get zero midfield time this year while Gray would get all Wingards midfield time. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh and then there's Roughead.......... :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Feels just like the T.Mitchell and Parker situation except its Wingard and Gray.

Wingard is Mitchell and Parker is Gray. I went and picked Wingard thinking he would continue his midfield role just like how people would have thought Mitchell would play in the midfield.

Turns out that Mitchell and Wingard both end up spending large amounts or the whole game forward (Wingard) while Parker and Gray play midfield. :rolleyes:

Easily my biggest mistake was starting Wingard over Gray and I just regret it every bloody week. :(

Only thing that gets me through it all is that I keep saying to myself that I wasn't to know that Wingard would get zero midfield time this year while Gray would get all Wingards midfield time. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh and then there's Roughead.......... :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
You have no one but yourself to blame for Roughead. God knows why you started with him, traded him out and then traded him back in.

You have no one but yourself to blame for Roughead. God knows why you started with him, traded him out and then traded him back in.

I can certainly understand starting with him

the tradearama was certainly a different angle to take. altho I did it with Pendles last year doing the bye rounds as i had a bucket load of trades but that was a different scenario

Had Both Wingard & T. Mitchell from the start as well. :cry:

I can certainly understand starting with him

the tradearama was certainly a different angle to take. altho I did it with Pendles last year doing the bye rounds as i had a bucket load of trades but that was a different scenario
Yeah for sure, I started with him too.

But if you pick someone, trade them out (and abuse the s**t out of them for a week like JM did), then trade him back in, you have no right to be pissed off. JM's the one who stuffed up getting him back in.

Yeah for sure, I started with him too.

But if you pick someone, trade them out (and abuse the s**t out of them for a week like JM did), then trade him back in, you have no right to be pissed off. JM's the one who stuffed up getting him back in.

well actually he has every right to get him back in and abuse him over and over again and even trade him out again

all he has to do is hit the trade button - Judd_Magic actually has a spare trade button in case his first one breaks.

For me the more trades Juddy uses now the better, his team is pretty bloody impressive despite the Ruffy debarcle. Hopefully come finals he is outta trades an Mr General soreness grabs hold of his little blue ass!

I think I was right trading him out for Zorko but where I stuffed up was trading him back in which wasn't one of my brightest moments. . :drunk:

If only I had of traded in Parker or Harvey instead.

But at the time I just couldn't see who was worth trading in for Caddy if that makes any sense.

well actually he has every right to get him back in and abuse him over and over again and even trade him out again

all he has to do is hit the trade button - Judd_Magic actually has a spare trade button in case his first one breaks.

For me the more trades Juddy uses now the better, his team is pretty bloody impressive despite the Ruffy debarcle. Hopefully come finals he is outta trades an Mr General soreness grabs hold of his little blue ass!

I don't think my side is that great to be honest.

Roughead Swan and up until last week Enright have all been lousy picks by me and its really stuffed me up season wise having those 3 jokers in my team.

Roughead is so s**t!

I was expecting at least 6-7 goals against GWS and all he can do is kick one lousy goal.

Man I'd rather trade him out for Shenton whose nearly averaging the same as him and use the money to upgrade Halihan to Barlow.

One things for sure I am NEVER picking a KPF ever again in SC.

They can all piss off! :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Bird, Bird, Bird is the word
A-well-a, Bird, Bird, Bird, Bird is the word
A-well-a, Bird, Bird, Bird, well, Bird is the word
A-well-a, Bird, Bird, Bird, B-bird's the word
A-well-a, don't you know about Craig Bird
Well, everybody's heard, about Craig Bird
A-well-a, Bird, Bird, B-bird's the word ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back