17 Melbourne
18 Greater Western Sydney

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
It's fair to say that the AFL are NOT wrong given that, well, it's their ladder.

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder

No that ladder is not a true representation. If Essendon had not :drunk:GRACIOUSLY:drunk: stepped aside to let Carlton in they would have missed the finals AGAIN. Therefore they can only be judged on the home and away season. If Ratten had the same chance in 2012 and was gifted a finals spot he probably would have won too. It was just a perfect storm playing a basketcase like Richmond as well. I rest my case your honour.

No that ladder is not a true representation. If Essendon had not :drunk:GRACIOUSLY:drunk: stepped aside to let Carlton in they would have missed the finals AGAIN. Therefore they can only be judged on the home and away season. If Ratten had the same chance in 2012 and was gifted a finals spot he probably would have won too. It was just a perfect storm playing a basketcase like Richmond as well. I rest my case your honour.
If the dog hadn't have stopped for a s**t, we would have had rabbits for dinner.

The ladder is what the ladder is, how it came to be is absolutely irrelevant.

Gingy wasn't wrong, he was right, that's what the ladder is/was for the end of H&A 2013. :thumbsu::D:p:cool:;):rainbow::footy:

Can anyone tell me how the pricing works? Just noticed Eli templeton (rookie) is priced at $132,000 whilst Blake Acres (pick 19) is $127,000. Prices may $1000 or so off I'm going off memory.

The top however many picks in the rookie draft attract a premium, the same as the ND. * knows why, it's one of the stupider and more illogical things going around in SC, but Templeton gets pinged for being pick 3.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
The top however many picks in the rookie draft attract a premium, the same as the ND. **** knows why, it's one of the stupider and more illogical things going around in SC, but Templeton gets pinged for being pick 3.
Same with the guy from Norf. I guess it's stop every team looking the same.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
The button that says "CLEAR MY TEAM"? Bottom left in team edit view.

Murphy (4 years x 100+), Cotchin (3), Fyfe (2), Ziebell (0) - thus far
Furphy set to become last years Buddy. Everyone went on and on about him and called me an idiot for saying stay clear. He was in 90% of BF teams at Rnd 1 but wasn't in many teams by Round 14.

Just making the early call. This post will no doubt be quoted if I'm wrong :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Furphy set to become last years Buddy. Everyone went on and on about him and called me an idiot for saying stay clear. He was in 90% of BF teams at Rnd 1 but wasn't in many teams by Round 14.

Just making the early call. This post will no doubt be quoted if I'm wrong :)

I didn't think mods were supposed to troll.

Honestly, you really are clueless.

I didn't think mods were supposed to troll.
I'm not starting an argument or posting inflammatory material, I'm stating my opinion on what will happen in the season.

It's not my fault you're a princess and can't handle negatively towards Carlton or their players. All I can say is, lucky you're not a Melbourne supporter :rainbow:

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
I'm not starting an argument or posting inflammatory material, I'm stating my opinion on what will happen in the season.

It's not my fault you're a princess and can't handle negatively towards Carlton or their players. All I can say is, lucky you're not a Melbourne supporter :rainbow:

But you are starting an argument and posting inflammatory material. You're trolling a 26 year old super-premo that averaged 112, 113, 119, 113 previous to 1 down year in his entire career. The Captain of the team I support and knowing I have him in my team then tagging me in every troll post you make about him. Why the **** are you tagging me if not to start an argument? The fact that you seem so adamant that his career is all but over at the age of 26 and think you know what WILL happen and feel a need to let me know all about it by tagging me in every troll post about him says that you are the one that has the problem. :rainbow:

It's called banter, like we've all been doing for the past year. You've had digs at many players yourself. Didn't realise you took digs at Carlton players personally.

FWIW I think Furphy is an awesome player, I'd love to have him at Melb. I just don't rate him in SC. Massive difference.

:rainbow::):cool::p:D:thumbsu::rainbow:

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
It's called banter, like we've all been doing for the past year. You've had digs at many players yourself. Didn't realise you took digs at Carlton players personally.

FWIW I think Furphy is an awesome player, I'd love to have him at Melb. I just don't rate him in SC. Massive difference.

I have digs at spud Carlton players all the time. However Murphy is no spud. Something you will find out the hard way when he Captains my SC team in our League match up. :cool:

I have digs at spud Carlton players all the time. However Murphy is no spud. Something you will find out the hard way when he Captains my SC team in our League match up. :cool:
Never said he was a spud, just don't think he's a top 10 premo

Looking forward to it, bring it on. :)

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!

Woah!

I thought that was my post when I saw all those emoticons at once. LOL! :D:thumbsu: :rainbow:

cardje

All Australian
May 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've been reading a lot lately about general progression of a player. How long it takes them to get to elite level. It generally takes a player on AVERAGE 4-6 seasons to become consistently good. That means this year players from the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons are the players who should be the ones to look at.
A lot have begun there rise eg: Ziebell, zaharakis, beams, jack steven, shuey etc.
Using this theory who do you think are the players who have showed signs of stepping up that you think will take the next step.
I have attached my S/C team based on this theory "obviously not the team i'll enter".
It has some premiums and rookies but the others are all players who are in the age bracket/games that they should step up.

Attachments

• team1.png
    team1.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 5

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Very few players become elite though. Even after 4-6 seasons. Some tease us with their early career form then plateau and become just solid best 22 players, others start slowly then go BANG! ..it's pretty hard to gage exactly which players will become elite until/if they actually do breakout to SC consistent super-premo level.

cardje

All Australian
May 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah true, more getting a reading on players who look like they could take a jump up this year, who happen to be backed by evidence of age/games played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back