Position 2014 SC Midfielders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rockliff worth the extra 100k instead of Fyfe/Barlow/Stevie J/Sloane? His scores are impressive but that's a fair wack more than other mid premiums. This isn't for this week btw, would wait for Fyfe or Stevie to drop more.

Is Rockliff worth the extra 100k instead of Fyfe/Barlow/Stevie J/Sloane? His scores are impressive but that's a fair wack more than other mid premiums. This isn't for this week btw, would wait for Fyfe or Stevie to drop more.

Wait for SJ to drop in price.

^^ this. And because people judge him on last year rather than looking at the six years before. Shane Woewodin anyone?
You're comparing Griffen to Slowodin. Really?

People forget that Griff had no preseason. Thought he was close to BOG last week v GC and then he faced the tag of Crowley. He'll start hitting his straps soon IMO.

^^ this. And because people judge him on last year rather than looking at the six years before.
Also like to point out that you contradict yourself too. You argue the above vs Griffen yet choose to ignore Murphy's last 6 years in the super premo debate.

Also like to point out that you contradict yourself too. You argue the above vs Griffen yet choose to ignore Murphy's last 6 years in the super premo debate.
Good point. Although I have explained my reasonings on Furphy, with Judd past his prime.

Good point. Although I have explained my reasonings on Furphy, with Judd past his prime.

Your flawed reasoning will be up the shiezenhousen when Murphy finishes the year with a 112+ average (for the 5th time in his career) and ends up being a top 8 mid for overall points if not by average as well.

Your flawed reasoning will be up the shiezenhousen when Murphy finishes the year with a 112+ average (for the 5th time in his career) and ends up being a top 8 mid for overall points if not by average as well.

Actually thinking of Cockchin to MMurphy myself

want Rockliff but cannot afford him

Actually thinking of Cockchin to MMurphy myself

want Rockliff but cannot afford him

This year Murph has been prone to a low scoring game every few weeks, but balanced it out with monster scores in between. Bit SJ like. Will be great for overall, but might cost you a league game here and there.

I'm trying to decide who to bring in between Barlow, Goddard & Prestia. I'm a bit concerned as to what will happen to Goddard's super-premo scoring once those show-cause notices are issued to half his team mates in a few weeks. Prestia nice POD but GCS have a tough run home. Barlow, unique with a great run for Freo down the back end. Leaning towards Barlow at this stage as I reckon he can average 115+ over the remaining 12 rounds.

PS reckon Barlow might average more than Rocky from here.

This year Murph has been prone to a low scoring game every few weeks, but balanced it out with monster scores in between. Bit SJ like. Will be great for overall, but might cost you a league game here and there.

I'm trying to decide who to bring in between Barlow, Goddard & Prestia. I'm a bit concerned as to what will happen to Goddard's super-premo scoring once those show-cause notices are issued to half his team mates in a few weeks. Prestia nice POD but GCS have a tough run home. Barlow, unique with a great run for Freo down the back end. Leaning towards Barlow at this stage as I reckon he can average 115+ over the remaining 12 rounds.

Barlow > Goddard (I have both BTW)

I'm expecting Goddard to settle back into a 105-110 scoring zone, but reckon Barlow could go 110+.

So Goddard is appropriately priced & Barlow is underpriced.

As I mentioned somewhere else on here, Prestia & Treloar have this year become solid SC selections.

IMO & FWIW

Agreed on Barlow from those 3, can you get KJack? Swans machine is beginning to run riot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed on Barlow from those 3, can you get KJack? Swans machine is beginning to run riot

Nah. Those 3 guys were the options because they're all 525-535k (trade out McRae) I could afford KJack/Fyfe only if I traded out Swan/Cotchin instead of McRae, but I really don't think there is much in it points wise between those 5 players. Current SC prices are not an indication of what players 'will score' going forward.

I don't think to many will have both of them double the POD.If you have gazz pendles jpk rocky selwood beams etc having those 2 would be alright i reckon just pity GWS wont win to many games.

Mid is sitting like this, I'm thinking it's time to replace Cotchy.

ushs9.jpg

Is it worth getting Barlow instead of Murphy so I have $40,000 left over instead of $15,000 to upgrade Langdon > Jaensch next week if need be? o_O
That's what I'm thinking. I would also prefer a premo mid from a team with a weak draw, that will be chasing a top 4 spot, as opposed to Murph who's team is currently in no man's land.

The Blues play 6 of the current top 8 teams from rounds 17-22, plus Essendon in round 23. Murphy has scored big in 4 of his last 6 games, which is reflected in his 555k price. These games were against the:

R5: Bulldogs
R6: Eagles
R8: Saints
R11: Lions

It will be interesting to see if Murphy can maintain his current average for the remainder of the season.

Is it worth getting Barlow instead of Murphy so I have $40,000 left over instead of $15,000 to upgrade Langdon > Jaensch next week if need be? o_O

Yes yes and yes again

possibly your best move of 2014 so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back