Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed. Since Dixon got injured after 2 low scores I was hoping to get him in at around 400k in R9 or 10 as my R3/F7. He's currently priced at 440k with a b/e of 102. With his next game against the Saints his price could increase from here.

ok cool, so I can save 1.1k (could come in handy :D) and bring in B.Brown instead as my ruck/fwd swingman with Dixon :thumbsu:
I've had him (Thurlow) all year. Great for loopholes and gives me the option to bring a FWD/RUC in if required instead if wasting a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is trading out Jacobs at some point this season for a big gun like minson or goldy a necessity? I've just started thinking about it as a future trade once the rest of my team is set.

Is trading out Jacobs at some point this season for a big gun like minson or goldy a necessity? I've just started thinking about it as a future trade once the rest of my team is set.
No point in trading out Jacobs if he keeps scoring well. He's still averaging more than Minson or Goldstein isn't he?

No point in trading out Jacobs if he keeps scoring well. He's still averaging more than Minson or Goldstein isn't he?
Yes. A lot more at present. 15+ pts/rnd, which is why I haven't even considered it until this point. I just wonder at what point they'll start playing well, and if Jacobs will lose the plot.

I had Jacobs in at the start of the year because I thought he was under priced and would improve on last years effort. But was subject to a future upgrade to one of the above (or cox etc). I didn't realise 105 ave would be a solid enough score from my R2 premo behind Sandi.

Slap yourself and STOP thinking quickly

Hold and assess.
If he keeps pumping out those solid 105 scores and above, no point in turning him into Goldy or Minson who are way down from last year.

Slap yourself and STOP thinking quickly
Maybe a better example might have been mumford...

I know it sounds silly at present.

But if he's pulling 110's every week and someone like mumford is pulling 120's it seems like a logical choice if I have trades to spare?

Probably thinking too far in advance.

Maybe a better example might have been mumford...

I know it sounds silly at present.

But if he's pulling 110's every week and someone like mumford is pulling 120's it seems like a logical choice if I have trades to spare?

Probably thinking too far in advance.

#1stworldproblems

If i had Jacobs I wouldnt even give 10 seconds thought of replacing him, I'd be more interested in seeing if i could find a decent R3 as cover.

If Jacobs missed a week would you trade him or cover him is a far better question to ponder imho

#1stworldproblems

If i had Jacobs I wouldnt even give 10 seconds thought of replacing him, I'd be more interested in seeing if i could find a decent R3 as cover.

If Jacobs missed a week would you trade him or cover him is a far better question to ponder imho
Haha too true.

The R3 is an interesting point which I have already considered. Bringing in an underpriced Nic Nat or similar and playing the emergency loophole would be a luxury, and added would be cover if Jacobs ever went down. But my thoughts are that I would much rather have completed my premo line up than spend 300-400k on a cover ruck. There are more points on offer in this regard IMO.

I would instantly trade Jacobs out with a 3+ week injury, would be close to trading out for a 2 week injury (and probably would), but would hold and cop points for the 1 week.

Its an interesting position, the rucks, because an injury can largely force your hand.

I haven't ever really had to think too hard about them because of the obvious choices in recent years. This year feels different though. Jacobs playing well is great, but finding the ruckman who can produce the higher scores for SC finals time would be a huge advantage.

Spending more and more time on BF has added a thought process that I would never have contemplated in recent years haha unsure whether this is a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back