News 2014 Season Fixture Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The green. It burns my eyes. :(

edit: I fixed the green. :D

Cheers, Everytime I tried to open the pallet, the screen would freeze, so it was the only bold one to pick from

GAMES AGAINST 2013 TOP 6 Seven games – Hawthorn (twice), Fremantle, Sydney Swans, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Carlton.

Article.

Carlton were ninth, only due to Essendon being filthy cheating scum did they even get a chance to finish in the top 8.

Carlton were ninth, only due to Essendon being filthy cheating scum did they even get a chance to finish in the top 8.

But they got into the top 6 by beating Richmond in the elimination final. While their place in the top 8 may have been undeserved they won their way into the top 6.

I'll obviously be going to the Q Clash and I'm planning to come to GC v Richmond, mainly to find a certain famous Bay 13 character :p

For the uninitiated I present KFC boy.

richkfc.gif

But they got into the top 6 by beating Richmond in the elimination final. While their place in the top 8 may have been undeserved they won their way into the top 6.

They played through the year to earn 9th spot, that is the level of their playing ability against last years draw. Richmond losing to them was merely for comedic purposes

Just to compare, Brisbane got raped by the AFL despite only finishing 2 spots above the Suns. Double games against North Melbourne, Richmond, Gold Coast, Fremantle, and Geelong. It wouldnt surprise me if the AFL want the Suns to do better than Brisbane but geez they could attempt to be subtle over their bias.

Just to compare, Brisbane got raped by the AFL despite only finishing 2 spots above the Suns. Double games against North Melbourne, Richmond, Gold Coast, Fremantle, and Geelong. It wouldnt surprise me if the AFL want the Suns to do better than Brisbane but geez they could attempt to be subtle over their bias.

As a Lions supporter I'm not fussed over it. If we make finals we'll deserve to be there as we would have earnt it. After all to win premierships you need to be able to beat anyone, anywhere.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns finish above us next year.

Round 1 - Richmond @ Metricon (6:40pm, March 15)
Round 3 - Brisbane @ Metricon (3:40pm, April 5)
Round 4 - Hawthorn @ Metricon (7:40pm, April 12)
Round 6 - GWS @ Metricon (1:40pm, April 26)
Round 10 - Bulldogs @ Metricon (3:20pm, May 25)
Round 12 - Sydney @ Metricon (3:20pm, June 8)
Round 14 - Geelong @ Metricon (4:40pm, June 21)
Round 16 - Collingwood @ Metricon (4:40pm, July 5)
Round 20 - St Kilda @ Metricon (7:40pm, August 2)
Round 22 - Port Adelaide @ Metricon (2:10pm, August 16)
Round 24 - West Coast @ Metricon (TBA, August 29-31)
Everton Lions you can clearly see the AFL have chosen to schedule the lower drawing teams in afternoon fixtures while the high drawing teams have been given twilight/night games. The one exception is St Kilda in round 20 which will be played at 7:40pm but I guess they figure the team will be doing quite well by then and should be able to draw a crowd anyway.

The high drawing games of Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong and Collingwood should have decent amount of away fans showing up so it shouldn't matter too much that the families can't go. The lower drawing teams of Brisbane, GWS, Sydney, Port Adelaide and West Coast are all being played in the afternoon so the families can attend the games with ease.

You guys getting the only Collingwood game in Queensland will help for your crowds, considering the amount of Pie fans who live up here and it will be their only chance to see them in action, I'd be incredibly surprised if it isn't a sell-out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back