Remove this Banner Ad

General Banter

Debutant
Jul 13, 2007
Albury
AFL Club
Essendon
I've noticed the fixture has been done.

Saints & Rutherglen round 9 game moved forward to last Sunday in March as a twilight game. Probably not a good thing for anybody who happens to make a cricket grand final.

What does everyone think about the league scheduling games for June long weekend?

Decent rant by Kirk Wilson on facebook yesterday questioning the attitude and the commitment of his Chiltern team. Not sure facebook is the correct carriage service to chastise your playing group.

Decent rant by Kirk Wilson on facebook yesterday questioning the attitude and the commitment of his Chiltern team. Not sure facebook is the correct carriage service to chastise your playing group.

For those of us who don't have Facebook roughly what was said?? This time of year I am guessing numbers at training are not what they should be like alot of country teams? But you are definately right in that Facebook not the place to unleash.

For those of us who don't have Facebook roughly what was said?? This time of year I am guessing numbers at training are not what they should be like alot of country teams? But you are definately right in that Facebook not the place to unleash.

Talks about how numbers are well down and doesn't understand why as the group was supposed to be keen and eager to improve from last year. He understands that people have commitments but they need to let him know if they can't make training. He talks about them being happy to just cruise along and finish middle of the pack and that he and Shaggy will only play the guys willing to have a go. States they have talent to burn at the footy club but blokes are just prepared to skate through.

Probably a reasonable rant to his players but maybe should be done in person rather than for all of us to see on facebook and have a mild chuckle about.

So Thurgoona continue to add to their list, with Kane godde, joining Kane Westlow, kade Brown and Sam Cross, the dogs certainly look the goods on paper, and perhaps fowler to add to that, but have they added to what I thought was their weakness, pace, time will tell, but they certainly look the goods on paoer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So Thurgoona continue to add to their list, with Kane godde, joining Kane Westlow, kade Brown and Sam Cross, the dogs certainly look the goods on paper, and perhaps fowler to add to that, but have they added to what I thought was their weakness, pace, time will tell, but they certainly look the goods on paoer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thurgoona would have to be early favouites with their recruiting so far. Hearing wahgunyah may climb up the ladder a bit according to Murray league forum 8 or so players from mulwala heading there. What's the news on the other sides, is there not much happening or are people playing their cards close to their chest?

Well not much news coming from the Tallangatta league. I guess thats a good thing.
So may as well get some opinions
Flag Favorites?
Biggest Suprise?
Biggest Disapointment?
Big headline?
Barton Medal?
Any clubs with any late recruits?

Hopefully this might get this forum kick started for 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Wodonga Saints picked up anyone, was going to put them in as biggest surprise but haven't heard much about recruits etc.

Well not much news coming from the Tallangatta league. I guess thats a good thing.
Flag Favorites?
Biggest Suprise?
Biggest Disapointment?
Big headline?
Barton Medal?

Flag Favorites: Thurgoona
Biggest Surprise: Whagunyah
Biggest Disappointment: Dederang
Big Headline: Clint Gilson has front teeth surgically removed in an effort to feel more at home in Mitta!
Barton Medal: Doolan (Chiltern)

Flag Favorites?
Biggest Suprise?
Biggest Disapointment?
Big headline?
Barton Medal?

Flag Favorites? Thurgoona favs by a long way
Biggest Suprise? Wahgunyah
Biggest Disapointment? Dederang
Big headline? Bradshaw bombs out
Barton Medal? Trent Castles

Ive heard mitta have picked up a new ruckmen from vfl??? also daniel hales to head back!
if one team can upset thurgoona mitta can do it!
Lavington persuing someone from barny... Mcneil??
Are chiltern in turmoil already with low numbers and all money being spent on doolan

Ive heard mitta have picked up a new ruckmen from vfl??? also daniel hales to head back!
Are chiltern in turmoil already with low numbers and all money being spent on doolan
Brandon ryan has rumored to have joined chiltern

one minute chiltern are stuffed and have no money cos they spent it all on Doolan, nek minute they've signed Brandon ryan and have a side that would match an o&m side. I cant keep up

Pretty sure they didn't spend all their money on Doolan. They would've known it would take more than just him to improve on where they finished.
When Doolan starts playing they would have a very good start to a good midfield. Not sure who the third player would be and if they still have the same ruck as last year

Barton Medal? Trent Castle

Who's the vfl ruckman that mitta have recruited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back