10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
Mount%20Panorama%20circuit%20map%20-%20traditional%20corner%20names.jpg

The lap record for the race is 2:08.4651 recorded by Jamie Whincup in his Ford BF Falcon in 2007.
The shortest race duration, with the full 1000 km completed, is 6h 12m 51.4153s, set by Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife in their Holden VE Commodore in 2010.
- Laps 161
- Distance 1,000 km
- 23 turns

HOLDEN TEAMS
(1) Whincup- Paul Dumbrell
(2) Tander - Warren Luff
(8) Bright - Andrew Jones
(14) Coulthard - Luke Youlden
(21) D.Wood - Chris
(23) Ingall - Tim Blanchard
(22) Courtney - Greg Murphy
(47) Slade - Tony D'Alberto
(97) Van Gisbergen - Jono Webb
(222) Percat - Ollie Gavin
(888) Lowndes - Steven Richards

FORD TEAMS
(5) Winterbottom - Steve Owen
(6) Mostert - Paul Morris
(16) Pye - Ash Walsh
(17) Wall - Steven Johnson
(18) Perkins - Cam Waters
(55) Reynolds - Dean Canto
(111) Andre Heimgartner - Ant Pedersen

NISSAN TEAMS
(7) T.Kelly - Alex Buncombe
(15) R.Kelly - David Russell
(36) Caruso - Dean Fiore
(360) Moffat - Taz Douglas

EREBUS TEAMS
(4) Holdsworth - Craig Baird
(9) W.Davison - Alex Davison

VOLVO TEAMS
(33) McLaughlin - Alex Premat
(34) Dahlgren - Greg Ritter​

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
Pretty much the only V8 Supercar race I actively seek to watch these days, but one of my favourite days of the year. Always spend the day watching the race with dad, have done since I was probably 7-8 years old.

Gonna post this every year tilthe day i die.
Simply put , the finest piece of TV ch7 have ever produced ( after poor Nico finding his dead cow on H&A all those years back :cry: )

"

Last edited:
Shame I'll miss half of this unless I get roided up big time to finish the Melbourne Marathon quickly enough. Sadly a lot of the magic has been lost with the dwindling car count (no bigger now than the 1997 Super Touring 1000, the one time P.Morris actually needed to be on the track) but the interest is if the Volvo pair can emulate the 1998 victory.

Shame I'll miss half of this unless I get roided up big time to finish the Melbourne Marathon quickly enough. Sadly a lot of the magic has been lost with the dwindling car count (no bigger now than the 1997 Super Touring 1000, the one time P.Morris actually needed to be on the track) but the interest is if the Volvo pair can emulate the 1998 victory.

Yep, only 26 entries this year, pretty disappointing. AVESCO needs to find a way to make general costs of running a car/team cheaper in order to encourage more teams and drivers to the sport, even if some can only compete part-time.

I'll still be watching the race though, looking forward to it.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haven't had a "great race" in years :( . Just feels like a sprint race these days. Co-driver rule has really ruined it. Bathurst 12hr could be getting much more of by attention in the future if we get another dud race..

Hopefully the new surface will see some records broken and some more entertaining action.

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, only 26 entries this year, pretty disappointing. AVESCO needs to find a way to make general costs of running a car/team cheaper in order to encourage more teams and drivers to the sport, even if some can only compete part-time.

I'll still be watching the race though, looking forward to it.

There was talk of introducing the Dunlop series cars as a second category into the same race.
Not sure what happened to that idea, maybe not enough quality drivers.

DREAM TEAM BUFF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
There was talk of introducing the Dunlop series cars as a second category into the same race.

Most of the Dunlop guys are co - drivers

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't had a "great race" in years :( . Just feels like a sprint race these days. Co-driver rule has really ruined it. Bathurst 12hr could be getting much more of by attention in the future if we get another dud race..

Hopefully the new surface will see some records broken and some more entertaining action.

Not sure what you're on about here.
The last two years have had cracking finishes.
By the sounds of it, you're not too interested in the V8 Supercars im guessing?

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure what you're on about here.
The last two years have had cracking finishes.
By the sounds of it, you're not too interested in the V8 Supercars im guessing?
Used to be. Sport has dropped off in the last 5-7 years big time.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I like this idea even if it's just a few of them to bump up numbers. Use the remaining drivers that aren't main series co-drivers, and add some of the ute/porche/retired drivers to help out.

They have their own 250km mini enduro now instead of a pair of sprint races on the weekend.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
One of my favourite days, love watching all the support categories too. Especially the old muscle cars and the new Porsche's. Agree they need to get a bigger field in the race, only 26 entries on a track that size is asking for a pretty boring race imo.

Only V8 Supercar race I watch all year, prefer watching the Porsche series to be honest.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
One of my favourite days, love watching all the support categories too. Especially the old muscle cars and the new Porsche's. Agree they need to get a bigger field in the race, only 26 entries on a track that size is asking for a pretty boring race imo.

Only V8 Supercar race I watch all year, prefer watching the Porsche series to be honest.
Same as me. Just for fun, what's your all time favourite Bathurst 1000 race/moment? And I'll start it by saying the late Peter Brock's 6 lap victory (with the fastest time on the final lap) in 1979.

Trent Conheady

Senior List
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta Hawks, New Orleans Saints
Kind of dissapointed that I'm going to miss most of the race this year, have generally couch potatoed it in the last few years. I can't this year with an exam lecture which is quite dissapointing.
Hopefully someone can challenge Red Bull or even better if Dumbrell can ruin the race for whincup :D

Same as me. Just for fun, what's your all time favourite Bathurst 1000 race/moment? And I'll start it by saying the late Peter Brock's 6 lap victory (with the fastest time on the final lap) in 1979.

1992 Podium, glad Jim didn't call me an arsehole....

Back