Mega Thread 2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, October 9 - 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, as well as the other Gold Coast sign next to them. CGI signs all over the track, you can point them out because when the camera moves quickly, the signs can't always kept up they are usually much brighter as sometimes jagged and one moment you see them, next shot you can't.

I hate them, they look cheap as

I noticed it last night on the F1 quali with the message on track to Jules Bianchi and how it kept coming and going.

Might be time for Rusty to really retire.After his first stint he complained about the driving standards of others,then he pulls the biggest bonehead move in the race.
Retire and replace that annoying "Ooh....Aah....WOW" twit Skaife in the box in 2015.

BTW Skaife,you kept banging on in the last 10 laps about the guy who started on the back row was going to win,without mentioning at all that the guy right on his tail started 1 spot further back......and ended up winning :D

As for your "He didn't mean it....he didn't mean it.....he didn't me it" apology for Lowndes,let him come out and apologise himself.

Hahah, I said the same thing re Rusty, pots people for driving like tools, the pulls the biggest dickhead move of the day.

The Lowdnesy thing, if it was anybody else but him, I'd think he did it on purpose.

The Lowdnesy thing, if it was anybody else but him, I'd think he did it on purpose.

Yeah I don't think any sane person thought it was delibrate but Skaife didn't need to go on and on saying he didn't mean it.Yes it was an accident but he still had to be penalised.

Yeah I don't think any sane person thought it was delibrate but Skaife didn't need to go on and on saying he didn't mean it.Yes it was an accident but he still had to be penalised.

Mark Skaife is a card carrying member of the Lowndes cheersquad. If it was Ingall that tagged the back of Frosty there you could just see him calling for a lifetime driving ban.

Hopefully next year when I get to watch the races on Fox his is a voice I don't have a deal with.

Easily the greatest Bathurst i've seen ( watched em all since 85 )
Greatest V8SC race i've seen
And arguably the greatest motor race i've seen.

8 hours of bliss ( well 7 hours )

Loundes was hard done by. It was a racing incident. Frosty over committed himself into the corner, if he hadn't, Loundes wouldn't of tapped him.

Not satisfied with a Nissan podium. Bogus pit stop rules designed not to embarrass them in front of Australia, but demonstrating what pathetic cars they've built.

Easily the greatest Bathurst i've seen ( watched em all since 85 )
Greatest V8SC race i've seen
And arguably the greatest motor race i've seen.

8 hours of bliss ( well 7 hours )
Surely it wasn't as good as 91?

Loundes was hard done by. It was a racing incident. Frosty over committed himself into the corner, if he hadn't, Loundes wouldn't of tapped him.
Yeah. It was Winterbottom's fault.

What a race. My trifecta went with Giz's clutch foot!
My heart bleeds for those guys.... Clearly he was running away with that one today.
Mega race today...

Surely it wasn't as good as 91?

SCANNERS.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having let the memory of the race digest over a few hours now, I think it is probably the best bathurst I have seen, my memory of watching bathurst goes back to the early 2000's.
Happy to see Mostert win although I am extremely biased towards Holden and a ford "hater", however Paul Morris should pull his head in, I have no problem with Mostert giving out some lip as he can actually drive :rolleyes:
Also was there a driver in the field today that did not strike adversity at some point in the race, I've been working my mind trying to think of one but I can't. Maybe the #111 super black car.

Having let the memory of the race digest over a few hours now, I think it is probably the best bathurst I have seen, my memory of watching bathurst goes back to the early 2000's.
Happy to see Mostert win although I am extremely biased towards Holden and a ford "hater", however Paul Morris should pull his head in, I have no problem with Mostert giving out some lip as he can actually drive :rolleyes:
Also was there a driver in the field today that did not strike adversity at some point in the race, I've been working my mind trying to think of one but I can't. Maybe the #111 super black car.

Davisons were smooth, hiengartner went off once in the last corner i think at one stage.

Yeh poor bloke.

I don't know why HRT don't throw a shitload of money at that bloke. Tander and Courtney haven't done anything for years. Come to think of it neither have HRT.

HRT love their 'name' drivers. Also I don't think Shane would want to sign with them as they may prevent him from doing all those side events he loves so much.

What a race I ruled Mostert after Bonehead put it in to the wall.

Big Ed Mostert was in tears over his sons win.

Bonehead had a crack at Roland Dane on the podium :D

Nice work by Nissan after a few hits into the wall - Happy for Taz Douglas after missing alot of motorsport due to his cancer many thought he was finished at the level.

It's worth mentioning this is actually the 2nd time Morris has finished 1st in the Bathurst 1000, the other time was in 1997 in the 2 litres. However, the result was taken away from him when Brad Jones' Audi team protested that Craig Baird had done 1 lap too many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_AMP_Bathurst_1000

In 2001, when Jones was battling with Skaife at the end, they both had to lap Paul Morris. Skaife had an easy time of it, while Morris blocked Jones for all he was worth. When Jones finally got up the inside, Morris slammed his car into the side of Ford, fortunately not doing any major damage.

HRT love their 'name' drivers. Also I don't think Shane would want to sign with them as they may prevent him from doing all those side events he loves so much.

Correct,HRT love drivers with a personality [Brock,Lowndes,Murphy,Skaife,Lowndes.....etc].SVG has the personality of a doorknob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back