2014 SuperCoach tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol JM, you lost me at 1. Keep trades for finals... lol

I was in the top 20 between rounds 6 and 17 this season, then crashed and burned to 230 odd by the end. Too hard too early perhaps, but no guts no glory I say.

bookmarked, will keep an eye on some ideas floating around in here :thumbsu:

lol JM, you lost me at 1. Keep trades for finals... lol

LOL! :D:thumbsu:

I never said that I was any good at following my own advice. :p

Rather bad actually in terms of keeping trades till the end but its something I hope to improve on in 2014.

I just have to map out a plan on when to use my trades so I will have some towards the end.

Maybe I shouldn't trade till round 7 or something like that? :eek::thumbsu:

If McVeigh is DPP (def/mid) next year - would be an absolute lock for teams in similar way Goddard was this year,

Good chance this will be the case,

SMitchell probably as well,
Plus K simpson aswell > maybe and jimmy bartel and hodge also better than half the spuds in the season just gone.

McVeigh, Simpson, Mitchell, Walker, Bartel, Hodge

Suddenly becomes an expensive backline to start off with if you were going to pick all these guys. :eek:

I don't think all with be B/M's but good chance of a few of them to be. :thumbsu:

Depends on rookie numbers,

usually there are many more options in midfield,

if 'quality' defender rookie numbers are low,

might be a strategy to load up on def-premos from the get-go, o_O

toxic would probably go against this though, has been talking a rookie backline from the start for '14,

toxic would probably go against this though, has been talking a rookie backline from the start for '14,

I'm thinking of going a mostly rookie backline too as it worked well for me this year.

I don't think you can have 8 rookie defenders as that's too much of a risk for me but something like

McVeigh, Mitchell, Walker, Bock, Docherty, Suckling (Rookie, Rookie)

That looks like a pretty good starting backline to me which allows you to still go with 5 premiums in the midfield. :thumbsu:

krk004
agreed Toxic would not pick any of those - money better spent elsewhere IMO - mature age rookie backline for me. All those mentioned are at an age where i doubt they'll get any better - but who knows its about 200 sleeps till we have to decide for final

I'm thinking of going a mostly rookie backline too as it worked well for me this year.

I don't think you can have 8 rookie defenders as that's too much of a risk for me but something like

McVeigh, Mitchell, Walker, Bock, Docherty, Suckling (Rookie, Rookie)

That looks like a pretty good starting backline to me which allows you to still go with 5 premiums in the midfield. :thumbsu:

what happenned to a mostly rookie backline JM??

there are only 2 rookies in there with..

Suckling will be next years JJK in terms of popularity

what happenned to a mostly rookie backline JM??

there are only 2 rookies in there with..

Suckling will be next years JJK in terms of popularity

I'm counting Docherty (not sure how much he will be but should still be cheap), Bock, Suckling and my 2 rookie back bench spots as the cheapies in my backline.

I doubt there will be 8 rookies that are playing from round 1 that aren't in danger of getting dropped in order to fill your team with 8 rookie defenders.

I could be wrong but thats how I am feeling at the moment. ;)

Bock and Suckling I guess count as two rookie type priced players similar to Staker and Macaffer this year.

Both should be under $200,000 you'd think so they are locks at this stage for my D5 and D6 spots. :thumbsu:

I'm counting Docherty (not sure how much he will be but should still be cheap), Bock, Suckling and my 2 rookie back bench spots as the cheapies in my backline.

I doubt there will be 8 rookies that are playing from round 1 that aren't in danger of getting dropped in order to fill your team with 8 rookie defenders.

I could be wrong but thats how I am feeling at the moment. ;)

Bock and Suckling I guess count as two rookie type priced players similar to Staker and Macaffer this year.

Both should be under $200,000 you'd think so they are locks at this stage for my D5 and D6 spots. :thumbsu:

Happy to include Bock & Suckling as they fit the category of mature age and cheap.

Bock could be Staker of 2013 fwd/def

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to include Bock & Suckling as they fit the category of mature age and cheap.

Bock could be Staker of 2013 fwd/def

Yep, totally agree with you there Toxic in regards to Bock being the Staker of 2013.

How much do you think Docherty will be next year? I think he will be a great SC selection now that crazy Vossy is gone or if he goes to a Victorian club.

The kid can play all right and has the skills. Just needs his new coach to play him constantly and not play him as the sub as he's too good for that.

Yep, totally agree with you there Toxic in regards to Bock being the Staker of 2013.

How much do you think Docherty will be next year? I think he will be a great SC selection now that crazzy Vossy is gone or if he goes to a Victorian club.

The kid can play all right and has the skills. Just needs his new coach to play him constantly and not play him as the sub as he's too good for that.

2013 prices the number was around $5200 perpoint average from the previous year i recall reading somewhere

So i think Doc averaged about 52 this season which would mean he'll be that awkward $260,000 - $270,000 range

2013 prices the number was around $5200 perpoint average from the previous year i recall reading somewhere

So i think Doc averaged about 52 this season which would mean he'll be that awkward $260,000 - $270,000 range

I reckon he will average at least 80 and for that price I reckon he's worth a punt.

Don't forget that the reason he's average is so low is due to all those sub affected games.

The full games he did play he seemed to score pretty well in from what I can remember.

I never had him but just going on what I can remember seeing of his scores when he did get full games. :thumbsu:

I reckon he will average at least 80 and for that price I reckon he's worth a punt.

Don't forget that the reason he's average is so low is due to all those sub affected games.

The full games he did play he seemed to score pretty well in from what I can remember.

I never had him but just going on what I can remember seeing of his scores when he did get full games. :thumbsu:

fair call - had 3 games above 80 only, nth, gws and the doggies (both gws and the doggies were in the final 2 rounds where the term defense was a foreign object no-one had seen).
A change of home and I'd be interested for sure

FWIW,

Remembering start of Year,

Rocky was priced at exact 100 ave. for $535,000,

so $5,350,

drops off to ~$4,850 by end of year,

Judd_Magic docherty just went up in price apparently, now about $280K

Still worh the price IMO.

I'd lock him in as my D4 as I reckon he could have an Ellis breakout type of year.

I see alot of similarities between the 2 to be honest. :thumbsu:

Sandilands will be available at around $340k next season :eek:

Man that's cheap for a player of Sandilands quality.

I think he would be worth a gamble as your R2 as long as you had a reliable injury free premo as your R1.

Strongly considering big Sandipants now, could be the Leuenburger of 2013. :thumbsu:

Man that's cheap for a player of Sandilands quality.

I think he would be worth a gamble as your R2 as long as you had a reliable injury free premo as your R1.

Strongly considering big Sandipants now, could be the Leuenburger of 2013. :thumbsu:

Heh I was thinking of a Mumford/Sandi combo, will probably need to invest in decent backup on the bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back