Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board National and Rookie Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty still to go in the rookie draft. Bampton, Keitel, Beasley, Saad, Watson, Markov, Glenn, Panos & Yarran off the top of my head, plenty of decent mature agers out there this year

Panos is one that I remember that I was super surprised was not picked up either last year or the year before.

Big bodied mid with runs on the board... very surprised he didn't get taken. Must be a certainty for a rookie spot

SYDNEY SWANS
Draft selections:
18 (academy selection Isaac Heeney), 37, 38 (academy selection Jack Hiscox), 76 (academy selection Abe Davis), 94 (promoted Xavier Richards), 112 (promoted Jake Lloyd), 130 (promoted Daniel Robinson)
What we said before the draft: The Swans covered most bases with the academy selections in October, where they picked up two midfielders and a mobile defender. The search for a key defender might need to wait until the rookie draft.
What happened? The Swans' only live selection was James Rose, a half-forward from Sturt who has some spark. The club's real present was unwrapped last month when midfielder Isaac Heeney officially joined the Swans, and he is close to the best midfielder in the draft pool. To get him at pick No.18 made the Swans winners no matter what
SYDNEY
Isaac Heeney at No. 18 the biggest draft steal in some time. The academy selection is the complete midfield package will start on a flank for the Swans. Rated by some experts as the No. 1 talent, the AFL is now tipped to change the bidding rules. Powerful medium forward James Rose has a nice leap and Jack Hiscox a freak runner.

Last edited:
As usual according to the media covering the draft, every single pick was great value for whicever club and every player is compared to a player who is already very good, suggesting success.

For once, it'd be so nice to hear some douche like Brad Johnson be honest and say "yeh this guy is OK but lord help whichever club he ends up with if he is in your best 22 anytime soon".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back