2nds 2014 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was down Aspley's scoring end in the last quarter and didn't even hear the siren it was at 33 minutes approx when they gave the free. It was a contentious throw but umpire wold have had best view of it. Right before it though they didn't pay the mark that lead to the loose ball he had enough of it before it was spoiled. Asply had some serious momentum in the last quarter and seemingly home ground umpiring at the boundary I was standing. Boys were remonstrating with the umps after the game and Ryan O'Keefe was pretty upset. Mum chose a really bad time straight after to get his autograph but he was angry but still graciously signed for her.

Was an exciting finish and they shouldn't have lost it from the position they were. Mitchell was very good but overall a strong performance. Aspley just really crashed through in the last.

I was down Aspley's scoring end in the last quarter and didn't even hear the siren it was at 33 minutes approx when they gave the free. It was a contentious throw but umpire wold have had best view of it. Right before it though they didn't pay the mark that lead to the loose ball he had enough of it before it was spoiled. Asply had some serious momentum in the last quarter and seemingly home ground umpiring at the boundary I was standing. Boys were remonstrating with the umps after the game and Ryan O'Keefe was pretty upset. Mum chose a really bad time straight after to get his autograph but he was angry but still graciously signed for her.

Was an exciting finish and they shouldn't have lost it from the position they were. Mitchell was very good but overall a strong performance. Aspley just really crashed through in the last.
A few questions:
They didn't pay the mark to a Swan or Aspley player?
Who got pinged for the throw?
Was there a strong breeze at one end?
Were there any injuries? I notice Marsh and Lockyer had really low numbers.

Didn't pay the mark to a Swans player

I'm not sure about the throw as there were a lot of bodies around it. It seemed contentious on the live action but so quick and I'd only be guessing. I didn't see who got pinged lots of bodies around the pack.

The breeze was favouring Aspley slightly in the last from what I could feel but it was hardly a breeze that would prevent goals. Nankervis kicked from about 50 to make the distance after the siren in the third but they called play on for creeping around off the mark.

I didn't notice any injuries other than Alir Alir walking a bit gingerley on the sidelines. looking for a toilet ha ha Swans rooms were locked poor guy.

Towers took a real hanger in the Third

Didn't pay the mark to a Swans player

I'm not sure about the throw as there were a lot of bodies around it. It seemed contentious on the live action but so quick and I'd only be guessing. I didn't see who got pinged lots of bodies around the pack.

The breeze was favouring Aspley slightly in the last from what I could feel but it was hardly a breeze that would prevent goals. Nankervis kicked from about 50 to make the distance after the siren in the third but they called play on for creeping around off the mark.

I didn't notice any injuries other than Alir Alir walking a bit gingerley on the sidelines. looking for a toilet ha ha Swans rooms were locked poor guy.

Towers took a real hanger in the Third
Were the Ref's favouring Aspley the whole match?

Why Tommy. Why did you miss?
For all his good his play, kicking for goal is his Achilles and the main area he needs to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to the swans player that said well done for beating an under strength swans reserves side. go and get stuffed. be gracious in defeat

Gracious in defeat ? Typical Aspley wrought always the same playing that club. To the bombers fan posting on the Swans board go and GF

I listened to the speeches and I couldn't hear anything fitting damochandler's description. The closest would probably be ROK saying bad luck to the listed players that missed out because of the restrictions but that they were still a part of the team and contributed to them getting to the GF

I see the gutless drug cheat condoner has deleted his post. Lol at the claim of the team being understrength though, we have stuff all injuries so had a huge squad to pick from.

I see the gutless drug cheat condoner has deleted his post. Lol at the claim of the team being understrength though, we have stuff all injuries so had a huge squad to pick from.
where have i condoned essendons actions. tell me. the player said it as i was walking past them.

Last edited:
The restrictions are bullshit, look at Footscray in the VFL playing 18 listed players against Port and then Hawthorn being able to play McEvoy today for Box Hill when he'd only played 4 games for the year in the VFL. That's where we are hamstrung
Hamstrung? Really? With 15 listed professional full time footballers playing a side of part time players who need to hold down full time jobs outside of footy to live?

Guys, this was a David and Goliath moment for our club. We are humbled to think we could even come close to knocking off a team of the calibre that the Swannies brought up.

Let's hope the league is sorted out and we can meet each other in the home and away rather than at a GF for the first time. May all future games be as exciting as this one was.

where have i condoned essendons actions. tell me. the player said it as i was walking past them.

Obviously not in this thread, but I doubt you'd be too impressed if someone came on to your board after your side had just lost a grand final, telling one of your players to get stuffed (to be fair you deleted it). I'm not disputing your version of events but show some basic courtesy when posting on other boards please.

Anyway well done to Aspley, our boys weren't quite good enough to get the job done.

And all the best to RoK by the way. He's a true champion and a gentleman and will hopefully not be lost to footy.

Commiserations lads. As a bulldogs supporter I've said too many times: there's always next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back