List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon part of the reason he wasn't getting as many games was because GWS were trying to get games in to their high draft picks (to either increase their value or to make them happier to stay)

Thats just my theory though.

nah i agree with you, its pretty hard to justify playing a rookie selected player and leaving your prized recruits in the reserves when you are trying to win over fans. He thinks that Whiley is an absolute hard nut, i hope he is right. Thinks that Jaksch needs to improve his work ethic a bit and will be a good player too, looks like hed benefit from a bit of gym work!

one of my mates played for GWS last year, and reckons that mark whiley is an absolute steal, just doesnt have the reputation having been a NSW zone selection player. He thinks hes a walk up start at carlton

Well when I looked at the video highlights of him playing that was exactly impression I got.

For GWS the likes of Treloar, Greene, Coniglio, Whitfield, Josh Kelly, Ward, Shiel, Hoskin-Elliott, O'Rourke and Scully have been bigger investment due to trades, contracts or draft picks so the priority no doubt has been to fast track those guys ahead of Whiley even if he looked good himself.

I had not even heard of him until clicking on a video once realized he was part of a trade with Jaksch. He looks an inside mid beast from what I saw. Even at AFL level I think he will make his presence known on the inside stuff. Looks elite at it already. Think we already got a ready made replacement for when Carrazzo hangs up the boots. I also think Whiley being part of that trade caused McLean not to be needed anymore.

one of my mates played for GWS last year, and reckons that mark whiley is an absolute steal, just doesnt have the reputation having been a NSW zone selection player. He thinks hes a walk up start at carlton

You would hope so if we actively seeked him out.

there were a couple clubs after him so he has obviously shown something to warrant such interest. Miles MAch 2? yes please
I like to think that he is slightly better than Miles already because he wasn't delisted & as you said was chased by multiple clubs.

I understand that player development at GWS was very poor and obviously especially so for players not in the main team.

I know that playing for the Northern Blues can be a chore for some players but have been told that playing NEAFL is much worse.
Yep - Tom Boyd will tell you all about it ;)

Watched the first quarter of our season against Port and you could've probably made the decision at that point for who could've been delisted. Robinson starts getting jeered 10 minutes into the season

Watched the first quarter of our season against Port and you could've probably made the decision at that point for who could've been delisted. Robinson starts getting jeered 10 minutes into the season

Robinson hacking the ball under no pressure to 3 Port players standing by themselves in the corridor sealed his fate imo.

Mclean, Waite, Hendo, Tuohy, Garlett, Robinson etc carried their crap form for almost the entire season.

Robinson hacking the ball under no pressure to 3 Port players standing by themselves in the corridor sealed his fate imo.

Mclean, Waite, Hendo, Tuohy, Garlett, Robinson etc carried their crap form for almost the entire season.
Robinson actually came back and played well but decided to go full self implosion and get himself suspended/delisted.

Waite, Hendo, McLean, Tuohy only really had a good game each the whole year. Hendo and Tuohy had their reasons.

Robinson actually came back and played well but decided to go full self implosion and get himself suspended/delisted.

Waite, Hendo, McLean, Tuohy only really had a good game each the whole year. Hendo and Tuohy had their reasons.

Robinson played like 2 good games for the whole year.

Obviously Tuohy and Hendo were injured but the warning signs for the lot of them were there from the beginning.

I'll give Hendo 2 good games. The Dogs and North game ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies looked like 40 men out there for the whole game until Yarran started bringing us back into it. Ugly game where we had too many passengers.
Agree but funnily enough we could've won :p Lachie's missed shot hurt.

Pies looked like 40 men out there for the whole game until Yarran started bringing us back into it. Ugly game where we had too many passengers.

Really makes you wonder what was going on this season.

Though, the Armfield match up on pendles wasn't a good one

Almost as good as Bootsma on Riewoldt.

Absolute momentum killer that one. As soon as Ed kicked it, you knew it was going to result in a goal to Collingwood.

No doubt. I'd felt bad for Simpson trying to compete with a guy with 14cm's and a running start on him.

Sort of hammered home how badly we need more class in our side though.

I'd say Curnow's lob into the corridor hurt more :oops:

Mclean did his best for the Pies in that game as well.
Yeh Curnow's turnover hurt but for us to win @ that point everything had to go right. Lachie's miss when we had momentum early in the last hurt more for me.

Yeh Curnow's turnover hurt but for us to win @ that point everything had to go right. Lachie's miss when we had momentum early in the last hurt more for me.

Gibbs and Murphy had terrible misses too but our turnovers are what killed us.

Remember the Port game? Like 95% of Port's total score came from direct turnovers.

Our list has been so dramatically overhauled recently that it is barely recognisable compared to what it was like two-years ago. This 'scorched earth' policy should have been attempted some years ago but better late than never, the deadwood has been cleared now.

The emphasis on young players is setting a real platform for the future and has Malthouse's fingerprints all over them so he will live or die by these decisions.

It's really hard to know what Tutt & Dick will bring to the table and whilst I'm sceptical, we have to trust Mad Mick as he has way more experience and knowledge in this area.

Overall, very happy with the direction we are heading in and expect a Top 4 finish in a couple of years time.

Gibbs and Murphy had terrible misses too but our turnovers are what killed us.

Remember the Port game? Like 95% of Port's total score came from direct turnovers.
Same with the GWS game

Our list has been so dramatically overhauled recently that it is barely recognisable compared to what it was like two-years ago. This 'scorched earth' policy should have been attempted some years ago but better late than never, the deadwood has been cleared now.

Byrne Giles #28
Docherty Jaksch Sheehan
Dick Cripps Holman
Thomas Everitt Johnson
Tutt Jones Russell

Wood Whiley #19

# 61, #65 & Rookies.....................It's a whole team +

Remove this Banner Ad

Back