List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be so good!!

I just get the feeling that we have identified Pickett as our number one target and will grab him at 4, and see Goddard as the key defender for us and when it come to our final top 10 pick we just see it as pretty even which is why we don't have a stand out canidate at this stage.

see on the giant web sites they got jake lever meet giant prospects.

Looking back at last year, all the draft prospect videos that went on the GWS Giants website prior to draft day were all players we did not end up picking. Boyd, Kelly and McCarthy's videos were all released the night of the draft. I doubt we can read anything into that though. :p

For me Mummy management/ruck relief is a major area of concern.
If we don't take Wright, aren't we basically cementing either Phillips or Stewart in our 22?
Changes a lot of people's best 22s.

You've left out Lobb and Downie as our developing ruck stocks.

Realistically Phillips and Lobb are first choice back-up rucks. Depending on what we do with FF/HF, either Tomlinson or Stewart likely to be the resting option if we don't include second ruckman in game day 22.

You've left out Lobb and Downie as our developing ruck stocks.

Realistically Phillips and Lobb are first choice back-up rucks. Depending on what we do with FF/HF, either Tomlinson or Stewart likely to be the resting option if we don't include second ruckman in game day 22.
tomlinson not big enough to go in ruck.

peter wright pick4 hugh goodard pick 6 and jarrod pickett pick 7

if we get those picks i said that means we got peter wright chf/ruck, hugh goddard key defender we need, jarrod pickett wing/fp some excitement, jeremy finlayson mobile ff and jack steele tall wing/hff/ mid thats nearly everything we need thats not including pick 23.

Laverde
Pickett
Lever

That's what I want from our first 3 picks.

Wouldn't mind getting cockatoo with one of those either.

Laverde
Pickett
Lever

That's what I want from our first 3 picks.

Wouldn't mind getting cockatoo with one of those either.
not convinced on Lever. Taking a kid in the draft is a punt in itself. Taking a kid who hasnt played for a year is more so...and the knee compounds it. He could very well go on to become a fantastic player making me regret my criticisms but for me Lever is too much of a risk when there are comparable alternatives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart??

I think not

Very happy and settled in Sydney and intent on making a career with the club that believed in him!

I think the Pies are more likely to take Lever at 5 than anyone else if available. Can't see them chasing Wright due to who they already have on their list and potential future targets. So for the Pies I think they will take Lever or Laverde personally.

Talk is Pies like Laverde or De Goey. If we take Pickett at 4 expect them to grab one of those and possibly us to pair the other with Goddard to round out our 3 selections.

I don't believe the talk frankly. But I would rate Laverde the pick of the 3 personally from the limited vision I have seen

Last edited:
If that ends up being the case would think we would go
Pick 4 McCartin - best available
Pick 6 Goddard - Key def need
Pick 7 Garlett, Cockatoo or Weller - outside speed

What about Laverde for outside speed?

You guys reckon its a cert you nab Pickett pretty much? I asked same question a couple weeks ago just chasing an update :p

Hey guys just thought I'd let you no that I spoke to one of our coaches and said we are all over Pickett. I reckon we will take him if you guys don't at 4.

I reckon pickett would be perfect for you boys though. Your midfield is already set up perfectly and a player like Pickett would pretty scary in you forward line in the coming years

I'm not sure why they are making a big deal about this.

We were very transparent that we would have a crack at some experienced blokes after securing picks 6 and 7.

We tried Johnson, Heppell and Howe and couldn't get a trade.

This sort of thing happens every year but for some reason the approach re Howe keeps getting rehashed, mainly by Stevens.

Must be a slow news day??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back