2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I see from a Pearce Hanley tweet that Todd Banfield was back in Brissy for a visit. Any chance we re-list him as a rookie? Leppa would have seen a bit of him at Richmond, although obviously didn't set the world on fire there.

Probably not.

I see from a Pearce Hanley tweet that Todd Banfield was back in Brissy for a visit. Any chance we re-list him as a rookie? Leppa would have seen a bit of him at Richmond, although obviously didn't set the world on fire there.

Leppitsch delisted Banfield soon after he came to Brisbane. Fair to say he didn't see any of him at Richmond.

Is there any chance that Patrick Wearden will go onto our rookie list?

Or has he move on out of Brissy?

won't happen. I think you have forgotten that we have already pre-drafted 8 players for the rookie Draft (if they don't get taken in the national Draft)

won't happen. I think you have forgotten that we have already pre-drafted 8 players for the rookie Draft (if they don't get taken in the national Draft)

Pretty sure it's only six, but we don't have to take them all if we don't want to, i.e. we decide there's better options available. Having said that, I doubt we'll rookie Wearden.

I was pretty keen for us to look at Sam Blease but I can see why Leppa might not have been interested - quoted on AFL.com as saying he wasn’t suited to Melbourne's "new defensively-minded game plan". Maybe he will be more suited at the Cats.

Not that this has any credence at all but thought it was a funny story worth mentioning.

Was out on the tear at Jupiters on the Coast a couple of weekends ago, ran into Jake Carlisle at the blackjack table who was with a big group of randoms. Said I was a Lions supporter to which all his mates started saying "Expect to see Jakey there in 2016" obviously in a playful tone. However being quite intoxicated I began to tell Jake about how good our team is shaping up to be and a big key position player is all we need to push for a premiership in years to come. He grinned at me and said "we'll see mate, we'll see". Was a top bloke and while that means absolutely nothing it would be interesting to see if we go after him, or if we've contacted him already.

Not that this has any credence at all but thought it was a funny story worth mentioning.

Was out on the tear at Jupiters on the Coast a couple of weekends ago, ran into Jake Carlisle at the blackjack table who was with a big group of randoms. Said I was a Lions supporter to which all his mates started saying "Expect to see Jakey there in 2016" obviously in a playful tone. However being quite intoxicated I began to tell Jake about how good our team is shaping up to be and a big key position player is all we need to push for a premiership in years to come. He grinned at me and said "we'll see mate, we'll see". Was a top bloke and while that means absolutely nothing it would be interesting to see if we go after him, or if we've contacted him already.

if we do get him and its because of that then i bow down to you sir :)

Just wonder when he comes out of contract? If it's not next year then just think of what we would have to give to get! And we thought the haggling with Collingwood was a pain.

Is Carlisle that good anyway?

He has a good frame on him but I don't see him as a premiership forward.

Probably the best swingman in the game currently. On form can dominate forward and is allready a proven back. Love to have him here, funny after the serve Dizzy gave to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't coming to Brisbane. That would be a pipe dream.

This is truly hypothetical... If he was ever at Brisbane part of the contract would state that he has to be Dizzy's b****

FWIW I have heard from some reasonable sources what you said is accurate. Apparently we have offered him a fair chunk of cash and that he is seriously looking into us. Acquisitions over the off season would help his decision you would think. What your saying is a lot more trust worthy than what I have heard but the rumor is definitely starting to gain momentum. Be awesome to have him.

And your percentage will be???

Apart from outstanding ratings on BigFooty of course.

Carlisle much better defender than forward. Can swing forward, but is inconsistent. Considering our aging backs, i wouldnt mind him as a defender. Nice big unit to lock down the back half with Clarke and Gardiner then with the likes of Cutler and McStay.

Still doesnt solve our forward problems, but im hoping Close can have a big season, Freeman keeps improving as he has some good natural talent and we can keep 2 rucks up and running all year so we have 1 up forward being a target.

Would just love to see what a (Martin/Bergs), Close & Freeman forward line could do.

Carlisle much better defender than forward. Can swing forward, but is inconsistent. Considering our aging backs, i wouldnt mind him as a defender. Nice big unit to lock down the back half with Clarke and Gardiner then with the likes of Cutler and McStay.

Still doesnt solve our forward problems, but im hoping Close can have a big season, Freeman keeps improving as he has some good natural talent and we can keep 2 rucks up and running all year so we have 1 up forward being a target.

Would just love to see what a (Martin/Bergs), Close & Freeman forward line could do.
Totally agree but if we're going after defenders Alex Rance would be a better pick up

Forward line is a little concern, but I am thinking our improved midfield will improve entries into the forward 50, if I am proven right, our young forwards will grow in confidence.

Yeah as I said, read nothing into it and is likely to be them talking absolute nonsense but I thought it was funny that they would decide to bring that up. Was good to fly the flag for our boys aswell :)

He isn't coming to Brisbane. That would be a pipe dream.

Most of us would have said the same about Beams & Christensen. Money talks. With quality additions over the trade period and a very promising list I'm sure many players would see the appeal of coming to Brisbane in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back