List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saying what we already knew. Port shafted them, and now he's left embarrassed and returning to the club with his tail between his legs. We'll welcome him back. Fingers crossed he smashes it this season and remains injury free.

curious as to what "gold coast fans" actually had to say to make him upset.

the way he's gone on about it is concerning, i think. i don't know that it's necessary to public out a club like that. it's certainly not common.

happy to have him for 2015, but the way he's spoken in the article i wouldn't be surprised to see him at a melbourne club in 2016, to be honest.

Dan in 2015...with beard :thumbsu:

WolverineAngry.gif

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't mean any offence it was just a light-hearted joke about Gorringe.

this forum has been filled with Gorringe issues, Geez , your talking as if the guy was a absolute gun player, but he is not. he is making demands that he goes to Adelaide (Port).Hello, who does he think he is and how good does he think he is ?? And if he wants to leave the Suns, what the hell are we doing keeping him..... f...k him off . We so much need player tightness, all on the same page with a commitment to the club.

LOL at the corresponding thread on the Port Board... according to some of them it is the Suns fault Dan has acted the way he has over this because of our poor player development etc. There's something not right with the water down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at the corresponding thread on the Port Board... according to some of them it is the Suns fault Dan has acted the way he has over this because of our poor player development etc. There's something not right with the water down there.

Feel free to correct me by directing me to the posts that you're referring to. Haven't seen anyone criticise your club on the thread. However after Dan showed his true colours today you're more than welcome to keep him. I'll take Keith Thomas' word over Daniel Gorringe's word any day.

Sorry to intrude people but good luck to Dan Gorringe and your mob in 2015 and beyond.Yeah we had hoped we'd get Dan as fans, but we sort of knew as supporters we didn't have the currency to get both so Paddy suits us fine.As for Dan hope he lives up to his potential and really couldn't care less about what he has said in the media and his family also as those conversations aren't my business.Anyway that's my opinion on the matter and do think we will be seeing you lot in big time September action real soon.

Feel free to correct me by directing me to the posts that you're referring to. Haven't seen anyone criticise your club on the thread. However after Dan showed his true colours today you're more than welcome to keep him. I'll take Keith Thomas' word over Daniel Gorringe's word any day.
Feel corrected...

Impetuous, but he probably hasn't been taught the right values as a player. A year is s long time in footy, we'll see. He claimed gold coast lied to him as well if I recall. So seems to be a firey character.
I think that is a bit harsh. But impulsive perhaps but that is also something footy teams, and in this case GCS, should assist players with starting from the day they get drafted...

It wasn't so long ago Port was a basket-case...remember this...

Try to be a bit more humble as a club and supporters.;)

I personally thought it was pretty disgraceful from him. There is no question we were into him hard prior to Ryder being available, but does anyone seriously think we owed him and should have compromised the Ryder trade to get him? Can't see how it advances his ambitions of coming home when the Crows have questioned his competitiveness and didn't want him and then he takes a massive dump on Port. If anything we have given him a whole bunch of angry pills so you hopefully get more out of him next year.

Being upfront to him about potential stumbling blocks instead of having Hinckley guarantee and promise a trade would have been better.

I'm gonna withhold any further thoughts on the matter. Some of the stuff being said about him on the Port board is pretty disgusting and hurtful. Talk about arrogance.

Being upfront to him about potential stumbling blocks instead of having Hinckley guarantee and promise a trade would have been better.

No evidence that this happened other than one man's word. Are you honestly saying that you are going to take the word of a pissed off Daniel Gorringe over the word of Port's CEO?

Even if he was 'promised' that we would get him to Port, anybody with half a brain cell could see that it was going to be very difficult for us to manage that. Paddy Ryder had already nominated Port by the time that Gorringe nominated us so that was obviously going to take up a lot of our limited trade capital, and Gorringe was contracted so we had no leverage. If Gorringe thought for a second that he was 'guaranteed' to get to Port then he needs to fire his manager.

No evidence that this happened other than one man's word. Are you honestly saying that you are going to take the word of a pissed off Daniel Gorringe over the word of Port's CEO?

Even if he was 'promised' that we would get him to Port, anybody with half a brain cell could see that it was going to be very difficult for us to manage that. Paddy Ryder had already nominated Port by the time that Gorringe nominated us so that was obviously going to take up a lot of our limited trade capital, and Gorringe was contracted so we had no leverage. If Gorringe thought for a second that he was 'guaranteed' to get to Port then he needs to fire his manager.

His dad said the same when he commented on this thread. Of course your CEO would deny it, are you that naive?

I understand that and Dan should have too but Ken should have known better than to make guarantees. If you don't believe Dan and his father then fine but I do. Whether the latest comments by Dan were necessary is subjective. Have your own opinion but jees you mob over on the Port board are full of it. Some of the stuff in that thread is appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back