Ryder won't happen so..
Beams = pick 5 and 25
Merrett = pick 28

In: Beams, 28
Out: Merrett, 5, 15

Beams = 4 and Crisp
Reid = 24

3rd round on all Academy/FS

Can we get Beams to claim that Collingwood created an unsafe working environment? Possibly due to a distasteful poster on the changeroom wall?

Then we can get both Beams and Ryder as free agents, then draft Jesus with pick 4 and Allah with pick 24.

Collingwood Gain: Rockliff, Redden, Hanley, Rich, Zorko, Taylor, Aish, Mayes, Leuenberger, McStay, First Round Draft Pick, Second Round Draft Pick, Third Round Draft Pick & Half of the Gabba
Brisbane Gain: Beams

Am I doing it right? :drunk:

Can we get Beams to claim that Collingwood created an unsafe working environment? Possibly due to a distasteful poster on the changeroom wall?

Then we can get both Beams and Ryder as free agents, then draft Jesus with pick 4 and Allah with pick 24.

I think Jesus and Allah in the same side would make us a bit top heavy.

Collingwood Gain: Rockliff, Redden, Hanley, Rich, Zorko, Taylor, Aish, Mayes, Leuenberger, McStay, First Round Draft Pick, Second Round Draft Pick, Third Round Draft Pick & Half of the Gabba
Brisbane Gain: Beams

Am I doing it right? :drunk:

No.

You forgot the "sweeteners"

If Rich is going anywhere outside of Brisbane it's with us, we've been wanting him for years, maybe we could do a three way trade, give you our first pick and a player for Rich and use that player to Collingwood and your first pick for beams

Something like
Brisbane- Beams pick 10
Collingwood- pick4 and WCE player
Westcoast-Rich.

Could that work- not sure the player though, how good does it need to be- would Sinclair be enough- they need a ruck

If Rich is going anywhere outside of Brisbane it's with us, we've been wanting him for years, maybe we could do a three way trade, give you our first pick and a player for Rich and use that player to Collingwood and your first pick for beams

Something like
Brisbane- Beams pick 10
Collingwood- pick4 and WCE player
Westcoast-Rich.

Could that work- not sure the player though, how good does it need to be- would Sinclair be enough- they need a ruck
Nah, Rich is a dud. You wouldn't want him.

Jarrad Waite has quit Carlton. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jarrad-waite-quits-carlton-20140929-10nf23.html

I wouldn't mind offering him a two year deal to come and play at Brisbane. He would be a far better option at FF than what we had this year. Linked article mentions Fremantle and North Melbourne as showing some interest, so he is clearly seen to be of value.
Not me. I am far from a critic of considering experienced players but along with others from Carlton far too flaky IMO. Would rather build games into Close and Freeman.

Not me. I am far from a critic of considering experienced players but along with others from Carlton far too flaky IMO. Would rather build games into Close and Freeman.
I would agree, provided that we don't intend on playing Merrett at Full Forward in 2015. I see Close as a developing CHF who should get plenty of opportunity to play in that position next year and Freeman as a second tall forward, who will eventually be our No.1 forward option. If the thinking is that in the short term these two need to be supported by a "mature" forward, then I think Waite would be a far better option than Merrett.

I would agree, provided that we don't intend on playing Merrett at Full Forward in 2015. I see Close as a developing CHF who should get plenty of opportunity to play in that position next year and Freeman as a second tall forward, who will eventually be our No.1 forward option. If the thinking is that in the short term these two need to be supported by a "mature" forward, then I think Waite would be a far better option than Merrett.
You would think that a resting Martin or Luey would be the other tall forward ahead of Merrett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I advocated for Waite mid-season but not anymore. I think Close in particular showed enough in the second half of the year and Freeman (albeit briefly) to suggest we need to get games into them. we will still have Merrett, Martin/Leuey, McGuane, McStay, Staker, Paine on the list around those two as the tall forward prospects.

watching Reid in the grand final (and the last month or so generally) made me think he wasn't much of an answer either. still very young but maybe a bit of a tweener... he was beaten in a marking contest by Shaun Burgoyne in the GF.

You would think that a resting Martin or Luey would be the other tall forward ahead of Merrett.
I think the days of "resting" your ruckman in the forward line might be long gone. I would rather be rotating off the bench.

Waite can take a contested mark and has some tricks to drift off defenders when their concentration lapses, but I don't think he would be much use to us and I would be surprised if he plays more than 10 games in a season next year at his age and demonstrated fragility.

With contested marking reportedly being the last thing that develops for young talls, I think Close and Freeman both showed that they are already pretty solid in that area. Close just needs to build his strength so his fantastic running power isn't sapped by body contact which was what I think his major weakness was across the season. Freeman showed that he can score from limited opportunities, so if he can get his smarts up to be open for more opportunities I think he will be dangerous too. Of course they won't both blitz it, and it's probably likely that neither will... but with Staker hopefully returning to fitness and a likely addition of Dayne Beams to the midfield and Richy back we are going to attract more pressure out towards half-forward which should open up the attacking 50 to a bit more breathing space for our young KPFs. I don't see a need for Waite... and I just plain think he is a dickhead.

Ok, just a thought, don't yell at me.. I come in peace!
Would you accept Beams for Redden and 24, keeping your pick 4 which you can take Peter Wright/McCartin with.
What does the thread title say?

Ok, just a thought, don't yell at me.. I come in peace!
Would you accept Beams for Redden and 24, keeping your pick 4 which you can take Peter Wright/McCartin with.

I would not. Reckon Redden is one of those absolute "integral to the culture/fabric of the playing group" types and trading him out would have a far bigger impact that what his objective value on the market would indicate.

Plus he's also a bloody good footballer who does a lot of the dirty work that allows others to shine... Luke Ball type stuff.

I would not. Reckon Redden is one of those absolute "integral to the culture/fabric of the playing group" types and trading him out would have a far bigger impact that what his objective value on the market would indicate.

Plus he's also a bloody good footballer who does a lot of the dirty work that allows others to shine.

Completely agree, he is a workhorse. I love watching him play.

Redden for Beams straight swap? haha...

Just seeing what kind of trade would the supporters be happy with if pick 4 was retained as obviously the ruck/forward depth would be beneficial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back