Opinion 2014 Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

While I think there is no way we want Ryder it's a good thing to throw out there.

Bombers are looking at either pick 17 or a battle in the courts. So us throwing out pick 5 looks very good to them. Collingwood sound like loosening their demands for a player now too.

Hey guys ! Carlton supporter here just wondering if you guys know if Jack Crisp wants out ? Would love him at Carlton thats for sure.

If Ryder wants to come to us and Aish will be heading back to SA next year.

Leuenberger for Christensen and pick 55
Pick 5 , 21, 25 for Beams and 30 and 48
Aish for picks 10 and 50
10 and Crisp for Ryder

Out- picks 5, 21 and 25, Crisp, Leuenberger and Aish
In- Beams, Christensen, Ryder and picks 30, 48, 50 and 55

We then have picks 30, 48, 50 and 55 as our 4 live picks and leave a list spot open for a rookie upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure similar situation to D Beams, out of contract end of next year. Free Agent end 2016.
From afl.com.au: Given next year's free agency pool is already set to include Patrick Dangerfield, Trent Cotchin, Ryan Griffen, Taylor Walker, Matthew Kreuzer, Tom Hawkins, Grant Birchall, Andrew Swallow and Jack Steven, 2015 could boast far and away the most enticing list of free agents yet.

He's a RFA next year but has come out publicly slamming the FA system so I'd guess unlikely to take that option.

From afl.com.au: Given next year's free agency pool is already set to include Patrick Dangerfield, Trent Cotchin, Ryan Griffen, Taylor Walker, Matthew Kreuzer, Tom Hawkins, Grant Birchall, Andrew Swallow and Jack Steven, 2015 could boast far and away the most enticing list of free agents yet.

He's a RFA next year but has come out publicly slamming the FA system so I'd guess unlikely to take that option.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Remembered reading Adelaide has Sloane, Walker and Dangerfield all out of contract with the last two FAs, though I couldn't remember when/where.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Remembered reading Adelaide has Sloane, Walker and Dangerfield all out of contract with the last two FAs, though I couldn't remember when/where.
Nw - full article here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-22/aflpas-free-agency-push

It's primarily about the AFLPA push for FA to kick in earlier so Sloane, Rich etc would also be FAs. Could make next offseason a very nervous time for some teams (esp a certain club in Adelaide who just sacked their coach).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back