2014 World Tour Races.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing about Gerrans that I love is the pivotal role he has played for Orica-GreenEDGE. Won them 2 monuments, first stage race and yellow in the Tour de France, 2 Tour Down Unders (First World Tour Win) and 2 National Titles amongst other minor achievements. When comparing him against other Australian riders I think it should not be forgotten what a crucial role he has played in propelling our first Pro Team into the limelight.

DO you believe Porte can eclipse Evans?
Perhaps not win a TDF, But I reckon he's a definite candidate for a GT GC victory. Where does Rogers rate amongst all these cyclists? Seems to be the forgotten one, triple ITT WC with some other good finishes in GTs.
Remains to be seen what Porte is capable of as a team leader, when not working as a deluxe domestique for another of UK Postal's doped up riders. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our second GT winner, but I doubt that GT will be the TdF.

Rogers has earned a revered place in history, but was never good enough to be a team leader. Will always be rated behind Cuddles & Gerro because of their unique achievements.

Looks like GreenEdge have got a couple of good ones in the form of the Yates brothers. Hopefully they can hold onto them for a while.

Looks like GreenEdge have got a couple of good ones in the form of the Yates brothers. Hopefully they can hold onto them for a while.

Will be interesting. They are identical twins so will probably prefer to stay together - only 21 years old and probably having pretty good time with aussie team on tour. Sky wanted them but they came to OGE because saw better opportunities than in strong Sky climbing team. However, given what has happened at Sky this year, Sky probably wish they had tried harder to get them - and I expect will try to get them to come 'home' to UK team in future. Might have to trade them for Porte and Earle.

OGE just dominating everywhere you look. Chaves with a stage win overnight in the Tour of California, with Yates keeping up with big climbers in Wiggins and Dennis a short while back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great ride by Froome, impressive from Contador and Nibali (to a lesser extent) too.

DO you think anyone can get close to Froome this year with no Quintana to help break him on the mountains?

Contador definitely could crack him if he's in form. Probably the only one though. Nibali could outfox him on some stages and just get small time gaps here and there, but probably not enough to win if Froome is anywhere near form.

I've been on the Contador bandwagon all season and I won't be hopping off yet. I like Froome but Contador at peak is quite simply a better rider especially now that he's improved his TTing by a little. Contador coming second yesterday said a lot. He's always been okay/good at TTs but never y'know - top notch. Aware it was a small course with a climb but still. I think Contador's in some form - the form that wins grand tours. And I think he'll be able to burn froome at times. We'll see though, as we've never had a 'contador at peak v froome at peak' showdown.

Froome's acceleration is just beautiful. It might only be as explosive/the same speed as Contador but my god it looks amazing.

If the last minute is anything to go by it's gonna be contador and froome all tour. Glad I loaded up on them and only them for the tour last night.

Good to see Jurgen in the top 4-5 thus far too.

How good was that. Froome amazing and went 100%, Contador in fine form and not missing a beat. Nibali not at that level, which I'm surprised with.

Kelderman was great. Van den Broeck and Talansky impressive.

Yates only ~40 seconds behind, pretty great ride. Well done to him.

That was a brilliant finish. Glad Contador the wheel sucking campaigner didn't win that one.
was an awesome finish.

Froome will blow Contador apart. Contador rides at such a lower cadence. In doing so, he is using up more energy than Froome. This will be telling in week 3 of the Tour in long climbs. Froomes high cadence is ridiculous even when hes out of the saddle. Hes like a grasshopper pillaging a coathanger. Contador said his HR got up to 203 on that final climb !!! crazy numbers. Would love to see the power figures

No one will get near these two at the TDU, but im rooting for Contador !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back