Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of last minute recruitment in the mdfl... You'd get a certain type of player who would join another club on the Eve of the season opener. Good luck.

My 8 is;

Waubra
Bunga
Springbank
Hepburn
Gordon
Bunninyong

The following to be fighting it out for 7 and 8
D ford
Beaufort
Newlyn
Clunes
Dunnstown

Really interesting to see how sides like Beaufort, newlyn and dunnstown go this year. Reckon there will be a surprise packet. Anyone heard much about learmonth?

Bunga and springbank would be hoping to have a real tilt at the flag this year and I think they've both got the cattle to do so.

Think the Burras will really feel the absence of cox this year.

A few interesting results at the weekend, Symthesdale look to have made no improvement, not scoring in either the reserves or the seniors.

Smythesdale should have saved the money on buying new jumpers and bought some players. Long, long year ahead for them

Just watched the preview video on the courier site... what a load of garbage. You'd think the CHFL 'EXPERT' could actually put in some effort and give some genuine opinions or thoughts

Just watched the preview video on the courier site... what a load of garbage. You'd think the CHFL 'EXPERT' could actually put in some effort and give some genuine opinions or thoughts

Hope "expert" has more information on latest Hepburn scandal.

Given the current leadership at the club both on and off the field this was always going to happen.

Since the recent RSL incident was swept under the carpet the old Hepburn attitude of "we can do what we want" has been back big time.

A fish rots from the head. Will Eienstien and Four Months resign. Will the club do anything about the bigots that continue to have free reign and embarass those around them.

Time for Eddie to do what he knows needs to be done.

Hope "expert" has more information on latest Hepburn scandal.

Given the current leadership at the club both on and off the field this was always going to happen.

Since the recent RSL incident was swept under the carpet the old Hepburn attitude of "we can do what we want" has been back big time.

A fish rots from the head. Will Eienstien and Four Months resign. Will the club do anything about the bigots that continue to have free reign and embarass those around them.

Time for Eddie to do what he knows needs to be done.
RSL incident?

I did think when I heard about the 'melee' that despite all the money and brought flags a leopard doesn't change its spots...

Anyone here at the game and has some insight into what happened? McKay being a petulant brat and refusing to go off the trigger?

Round 3 Tips

Springbank v Buninyong
Clunes v Bungaree
Ballan v Learmonth
Daylesford
v Rokewood
Gordon v Hepburn
Carngham
v Smythesdale
Newlyn v Dunnstown
Skipton v Creswick
Waubra v Beaufort

RSL incident?

I did think when I heard about the 'melee' that despite all the money and brought flags a leopard doesn't change its spots...

Anyone here at the game and has some insight into what happened? McKay being a petulant brat and refusing to go off the trigger?

Great effort by the eagles today ,who wouldnt have beat Hepburn for a long time,.How the league let McKay

off with a reprimand is a disgrace. and how they kept their points is a bigger mistery I forgot Eddie is President.
\\\\

Round 5 Tips

Ballan v Smythesdale
Clunes v Hepburn
Daylesford v Creswick
Learmonth
v Rokewood
Carngham v Buninyong
Newlyn
v Beaufort
Skipton v Bungaree
Springbank
v Dunnstown
Waubra v Gordon

Waubra/Gordon and Daylesford/Creswick the main matches this week, both could go either way. Clunes will probably rate themselves a sneaky chance after last year but Burras too good imo

Was up for a 40th and we wandered over to watch the Ballan game on Saturday and really wished I had gone to the pub instead. No offence to Ballan, but how are Smythesdale allowed to turn up (can't even say run around because a few of them didn't do much running all match). Its embarrassing for the league to have a team who have been kept scoreless twice already this season and kicked a total of 3.4 for the season, with the reserves fairing only slightly better having kicked 7.2 for the year, but also held scoreless twice.

I've watched some bad teams over the years, but these guys are really poor. Is there actually any hope of some sort of revival even in a few year's time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 6 Tips

Buninyong
v Daylesford
Bungaree v Carngham Linton
Beaufort v Clunes
Gordon
v Newlyn
Hepburn v Springbank
Dunnstown v Skipton
Creswick v Ballan
Rokewood v Waubra
Smythesdale v Learmonth

Burra v Springbank the big one here, think the Tigers may be too good but should be close.
Loser of Creswick v Ballan will be left a mountain to climb to make finals.
Bunny v Dford pretty important to each club's top 4 hopes

Just wondering if anyone knew of a CHFL or MCDFNL club that could use a new player? early twenties, have played only about six games in the past. I have decent fitness and ball skills, but every club has heaps of numbers at the moment, I don't know if I can get a run anywhere this year.

I just want to join a good family club where guys that have little experience ( I didn't play juniors) can get a run. I just want to join in the great game.

Just wondering if anyone knew of a CHFL or MCDFNL club that could use a new player? early twenties, have played only about six games in the past. I have decent fitness and ball skills, but every club has heaps of numbers at the moment, I don't know if I can get a run anywhere this year.

I just want to join a good family club where guys that have little experience ( I didn't play juniors) can get a run. I just want to join in the great game.
Give Smythesdale a go mate, they are trying hard to get it together and need people to give them a chance.

Nah, don't think I'll go there mate. Do you know of any club that could use another number that aren't too far a drive?
Where are you living? That would probably impact the decision... If it's in Ballarat they all are about the same drive... Bar Beaufort and Hepburn/D-ford

I live inside Ballarat, so that leaves a lot of options open except for places like Hepburn and Daylesford/B-fort like you said, which are pretty far away. Maybe someone would know of a bottom 8 country club I could try?

Smythesdale is less than 15 min from Ballarat. Closer than most teams...

Smythesdale is less than 15 min from Ballarat. Closer than most teams...

I think he's already said he doesn't want to go there. Can't say I blame him. Wouldn't learn much getting beaten by 300 points every week. They are trying but a poor decision to join the chfl could ultimately lead to their extinction. It's a long long way back from where they are.

I think he's already said he doesn't want to go there. Can't say I blame him. Wouldn't learn much getting beaten by 300 points every week. They are trying but a poor decision to join the chfl could ultimately lead to their extinction. It's a long long way back from where they are.
Yeah can't blame anyone for not wanting to go there... They lost by 50 goals (give or take) yesterday... I don't think the players that are there would even want to be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back