Opinion 2015/16 Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to see Aussie chase 300 on a wearing pitch with say 3 sessions.
Its a big ask for NZ to score 430 in its second dig though !
Looking unlikely unfortunately.

Kiwis still haven't chased Australias first innings total and have lost 4 wickets.

Mccullum out for 25 off 27 in his last innings, stellar career.

Australia given a warning by the umpires that they would change the ball if they didn't throw the ball further when returning it to the keeper.

Ball started reversing earlier than normal.

What I want to know is how from an outfield throw you get the ball to land on the side you want it to? And how it's more damaging than the ball hitting the ground off the bat.

I understand it's not a great tactic, but they're basically accusing the outfielders of being telekinetics?

Australia given a warning by the umpires that they would change the ball if they didn't throw the ball further when returning it to the keeper.

Ball started reversing earlier than normal.

What I want to know is how from an outfield throw you get the ball to land on the side you want it to? And how it's more damaging than the ball hitting the ground off the bat.

I understand it's not a great tactic, but they're basically accusing the outfielders of being telekinetics?

An absolute load of poppycock from the umpires. Every team tries to wear the ball down as an innings progresses by bouncing it in to the keeper. As for how you ensure one side only gets roughed up? You don't and can't. McCullum seemed fine with it and it'll blow over as a nothing story.

personally I'd like to see it made legal. Love watching the ball swing ! and why not. So much is in favour of the batting side at the moment.
and if Australia have learnt how to do it, then its something we should learn, not criticise it

Totally agree its a non issue. Just been listening to radio sport here driving to work and they were discussing it. All the callers in were saying it was a non event too...which surprised me a little. Not like NZ sports fans to back the Aussies !
The interesting thing was that Simon Doull (one of the presenters) was saying that a very well known international keeper used to glue sandpaper to the end of his gloves. He didn't say who it was though !

I miss SEN too.. used to enjoy listening to that in Melbourne
Radio sport is pretty good...well until the All Blacks lose..... then you lose faith in humanity. Seriously, some of the talk back callers aren't well in the head

Granted I haven't been listening live, but gee the NZ Commentary team seem like bigger whiners than the Poms and Aussie commentary teams combined.

Every time I go to a cricket website theres a new article about them not liking something

Simon Doull is very good. Nasser Hussain very good for the poms and no one from the channel 9 team rates at all

Thought Ponting, Mark Waugh etc were excellent for the big bash, which made the channel 9 team look even worse !

Granted I haven't been listening live, but gee the NZ Commentary team seem like bigger whiners than the Poms and Aussie commentary teams combined. Every time I go to a cricket website theres a new article about them not liking something

While they were attempting to get some laughs out of it, I'm fairly certain that Brendon Julian was grating on their nerves a little. Firstly, they were saying he booked his flight home for the end of day 4 out of arrogance (may have had more to do with a commitment in WA tomorrow), but then one of the NZ commentators (I think Richardson) mentioned he was texting during commentating & missed something that he had commented on incorrectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted I haven't been listening live, but gee the NZ Commentary team seem like bigger whiners than the Poms and Aussie commentary teams combined.

Every time I go to a cricket website theres a new article about them not liking something

When Ian Smith was out here "commentating", he somehow made Mr Negative himself (Ian Healy) look like the best thing ever.

Simon Doull is very good. Nasser Hussain very good for the poms and no one from the channel 9 team rates at all

Thought Ponting, Mark Waugh etc were excellent for the big bash, which made the channel 9 team look even worse !
Don't mind Doull so much.

Nasser is good but he is incredibly biased and very negative at times, does a lot of complaining.

Loved these pics from the end of the Vic vs NSW "winner makes the shield final" match yesterday:

Cdz-sQOUAAAmgyv.jpg:large

Imagine being an umpire with this appeal:

Cd0C4CPUUAAz-s0.jpg:large

What a bizarre finish to the season. SA come from fourth to hosting the final. They needed everything to go their way just to make. They got that and then some.

That it was. They would have been barracking hard for the Vics to survive at the end too, as NSW would have hosted had they taken those final 3 wickets.

I actually streamed the final 10 or so overs of the Vic vs NSW game. It was extremely tense. And for a split second there, I thought White was gonna take advantage of the above field and try to pull off the impossible win to host the final (ie: take it to the Alice).

Bit of a shame that the pitches in India have been terrible for the T20.
Supposed to be a world tournament, not just India's tournament, and for the tracks to be doctored so much isn't helping the spectacle.

T20 should be a batting tournament, you shouldn't be seeing the ball turn square

Do the Indian pitches allow the ball to deviate and strike an Indian batsman in such a manner that the delivery is deemed LBW?

Pretty sure this has never occurred before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back