2015/16 Fantasy sleepers/busts

Remove this Banner Ad

chrisdon16

@AFLsystembet
Mar 20, 2013
Launceston, TAS
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure if there's a post about this. Very popular thread usually. With sometimes valuable advice. Picking up sleepers or staying away from busts can win you the league. I'll get things started:

Sleepers:
-Terrence Jones
Might be a forgotten player in drafts this season due to his injury plagued last season, he's apparently healthy and has the starting PF locked up @ Houston, if he can stay healthy, he produces very consistent numbers across the board.

-Reggie Jackson

Busts:
-Melo
Will be overpriced in most leagues (IMO). Will still pit up reasonable numbers but injury prone, and gets rested a lot late in seasons, not touching him. Should have gone to Chicago when he had the chance!

Another sleeper I think is David Lee. Crowded roster on a championship team last season, the year before as the starting PF he put up very impressive numbers. Has the starting PF locked up in Boston, may lose some minutes to Sully but should play 30+ mins and put up similar numbers to his 2013/14 campaign

Not sure I'd call Jones or Jackson sleepers, been around long enough everyone knows their games and have had plenty of fantasy hype on them previously.

Going on the thought that its players who aren't hyped players who could see an upturn in time on court and a rise in stats...

Ed Davis
John Henson
Jusuf Nurkic
Patrick Patterson
Noah Vonleh
CJ McCollum
Meyers Leonard

Not sure I'd call Jones or Jackson sleepers, been around long enough everyone knows their games and have had plenty of fantasy hype on them previously.

Going on the thought that its players who aren't hyped players who could see an upturn in time on court and a rise in stats...

Ed Davis
John Henson
Jusuf Nurkic
Patrick Patterson
Noah Vonleh
CJ McCollum
Meyers Leonard
Totally agree, but my point was, they might get overlooked in the draft so you can pick them up cheap. Especially Jones, if he can stay healthy this season. A lot of teams won't want him based on his injury last year, only played 33 (started only 24) so a big chance to go cheap

Not really. All pretty tried and tested. Dieng was probably a sleeper last year. Anderson is more of a bounce back candidate than a sleeper.

M.Conley
M.Ellis
K.Leonard
K.Durrant
A.Drummond
D.Gallinari
R.Gobert
H.Whiteside
T.Young
G.Hill
K.Martin
G.Dieng
R.Anderson

Another sleeper I think is David Lee. Crowded roster on a championship team last season, the year before as the starting PF he put up very impressive numbers. Has the starting PF locked up in Boston, may lose some minutes to Sully but should play 30+ mins and put up similar numbers to his 2013/14 campaign

Boston Celtics PF/C rotation includes: Zeller, Olynyk, Lee, Johnson, Sullinger (all guys who have a case to start) and Crowder when they go really small. Nobody has the starting PF spot locked up in Boston right now and I'd say Johnson is the only big man I'd be confident in averaging 28 minutes a game.

Last edited:
Thomas is the only Celt that has any real fantasy value at the Celtics at this stage. The rest of the squad and it's minutes/roles are too unknown to draft confidently at this stage. Might turn out to be a good waiver wire team. Bradley should get minutes but is only worth a pick in the later rounds of drafts.

Boston Celtics PF/C rotation includes: Zeller, Olynyk, Lee, Johnson, Sullinger (all guys who have a case to start) and Crowder when they go really small. Nobody has the starting PF spot locked up in Boston right now and I'd say Johnson is the only big man I'd be confident in averaging 28 minutes a game.
Agreed. After doing some more research, 0 Celtic players are on my radar draft day

Have had three drafts already.. Heaps of underrated players not getting picked up til late.
Brandon Knight- will get a fair bit of game time for Phoenix. Only 23
Julius Randle- can be anything. Injured mostly last season, so pretty good value.
Otto Porter- not really a 'sleeper' per se, but will be starting most games and has had great number pre-season. Worth watching.
Dennis Schroder- gets overlooked because of Teague and Korver, great pick up late.
Monta Ellis- overlooked as PG but with Paul Geroge back, would be a perfect wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back