2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has cost us points with his bat s**t mental decisions. The Wanderers game was a prime example when he didn't come off the line quick enough, was caught in no mans land and then they scored thanks to a high kick. He does that once a game and for the most part gets away with it. He's also 41 and we only signed him and Warren because no agent would go near the club with their players after the salary cap scandal. That's now past, players want to play for us and Birrghitti is a local boy and young. Covic can get back in the sea.

Covic pulls out some big saves but as Bojangles says his decision making is consistently poor.
I would also like to see the back of Warren and Garcia.

GK and Left Back are our only two weak positions, assuming the rest of our starting 11 stay on.

My mate told me that Glory concede the highest percentage of shots on target in the league. So that either says that our goalkeeper saves the least number of shots on target or teams create scoring opportunities in better positions against us than other teams.

I tend to see it as a goalkeeping stat personally.

Coupled with average decision making and the fact that I shudder every time the ball is played back to him because of his dodgy kicking, I think upgrading our GK should be a high priority in the off-season.

That free kick from Fornaroli was nice but should've been saved. Covic standing in the middle of the goal and missed a free kick at mid post height.

Was a piss weak free kick to start with they've had so much time and space in and around the box they were bound to score again.

Time for some squad changes.

OUT: Covic, Garcia, Zadkovich...?

IN: Taggart...?

Vadocz is an injury replacement, does he go? We've got a lot of defenders, someone is going to get the chop.

Newcastle have Birighitti and Kennedy, WSW have Reddy and Redmayne, fat Danny Vukovic lost his #1 spot at Victory... do we target one of these guys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose to Carlton, I'll sport a Bootsma avatar for the week.
His face or his ****?

Back on topic, very proud of the second half of the season but left with a bitter taste after the last 2 games. If we can start next season like we did the second half of this one that would be gravy.

Proud of the boys to be in this position in the first place. Last two games aside, it was quite the season. Get a new keeper in and give Warren some competition on the left, and we should hopefully be in a good spot.

I am too drunk and emotional to make a thorough analysis at this stage

but Covic has to go

Absolute bullshit. 1st goal should have been a free and the 2nd was a clear dive for the free.

We did play poorly though and the midfield was virtually non existent.

I've had a few pints at the pub so I'm not really in the mood to tactically analyse the game in any capacity.

His face or his ****?

Back on topic, very proud of the second half of the season but left with a bitter taste after the last 2 games. If we can start next season like we did the second half of this one that would be gravy.

And you could actually post in this thread.

Poor today but oh well, nothing to complain about. Keep everyone and get a decent keeper then look out next season.

100% need to upgrade our goalie. Would love an upgrade on our left-back too if one is available, if not I can tolerate Warren. Get rid of Garcia.

Castro was surely not fully fit?

I am boggled that we didn't take the opportunity to get a home final more seriously. Would have been a completely different game at nib.

You guys have summed it up well.

Found wanting today, but thrilled with the second half of the season.

Keep most of the squad together, get a new GK and hopefully a LB and we'll be a chance to give it a crack next season.

Haven't read back, so excuse the intrusion, but does anyone have any idea how the Diego Castro contract status is faring?

Haven't read back, so excuse the intrusion, but does anyone have any idea how the Diego Castro contract status is faring?

Supposedly he has been really close for a couple of weeks now. His agent stayed an extra couple of days when we played City here 2 weeks ago instead of catching his scheduled flight back to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back