2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think you might be surprised by Tom Sheridan, Connor blakely and Lachie Weller

Harley Bennell ain't old and he's ******* amazing
I don't think either of those three will prove to be anything extraordinary. In particular the ship has probably sailed for Sheridan. Crozier was promising early but has stalled since. Admittedly much the same can be said for the fringe players we've retained.

Bennell is a very, very good acquisition to add to a blue chip midfield but the loss of McPharlin, decline of Dawson and fragility of Johnson will further hurt a backline that is already beginning to demonstrate a weakness against quality crumbers, as will the total dearth of talent up forward aside from Walters.

If you want a laugh, head over to the Port board and check out the shakes head thread and their assessment of our forward line.

Our forward like is OK to not that good.
Tex is just okay and his kick to Charlie Cameron was a no brainer.
Tex gets the second best defender.
Cameron is a chip scab who doesn't defend.

What a bunch of ******s.
They are completely delusional. Most neutral observers this off season have rated our forward line the most potent in the Comp. I wouldn't worry about the one eyed puffers. They are just obsessed with us as usual and let's not forget this is the same bunch of mouth-breathers who anointed John butcher "the future". Lol, just lol.

They are completely delusional. Most neutral observers this off season have rated our forward line the most potent in the Comp. I wouldn't worry about the one eyed puffers. They are just obsessed with us as usual and let's not forget this is the same bunch of mouth-breathers who anointed John butcher "the future". Lol, just lol.

I loved the way FiveAA Rowie and Bicks play the Tealsters up. They have a "caller" come on to suggest our forward line is better and then bang they get a hope heap of Tealsters on the line sooking about it.

Like Kochie and KT, FiveAA know that Telaster Lemmings are easy to manipulate.

If you want a laugh, head over to the Port board and check out the shakes head thread and their assessment of our forward line.

What a bunch of ******s.

I like the guy who says Westhoff is a better forward than Jenkins because despite Jenkins kicking 44 goals to Westhoff's 25, Westhoff gets more disposals.

Apparently Wingard will add more to their forward line in 2016 than Betts because Wingard will still be playing in 5 years.

I don't think either of those three will prove to be anything extraordinary. In particular the ship has probably sailed for Sheridan. Crozier was promising early but has stalled since. Admittedly much the same can be said for the fringe players we've retained.

Bennell is a very, very good acquisition to add to a blue chip midfield but the loss of McPharlin, decline of Dawson and fragility of Johnson will further hurt a backline that is already beginning to demonstrate a weakness against quality crumbers, as will the total dearth of talent up forward aside from Walters.

Well prepared to be surprised this year in regards to Sheridan. In for a greet year off of HB imo.

Weller is going to be a little superstar and Blakely has looked very promising too from what I've seen of him.

They have some greet miss coming through but again, their tall stocks (or lack there of) is the big red flag for me. They better hope to god they jag McCarthy.

I wouldn't argue with your view on the key defenders that's obviously true; but your view on Sheridan et al is way off the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennell is more talented than anyone on our list, and he had a great season on the field last year.

He's not notional potential and future promise, he's already delivering
On field there's no doubt at all, he's a star. But what he hasn't shown is an ability to keep himself clean off it. Even he himself mentioned early last season that going home could cause more issues.

It's big risk, enormous reward stuff.

What a bunch of ******s.

If our forward line is "OK to not that good" then Port's forward line must be "bad to pretty awful"

On field there's no doubt at all, he's a star. But what he hasn't shown is an ability to keep himself clean off it. Even he himself mentioned early last season that going home could cause more issues.

It's big risk, enormous reward stuff.

Sure. But what actually is the risk?

Yeah he's not straight laced but for a guy that good on the field what actually is he going to do?

Unless he goes all Aaron Hernandez I reckon the risk is overstated

Sure. But what actually is the risk?

Yeah he's not straight laced but for a guy that good on the field what actually is he going to do?

Unless he goes all Aaron Hernandez I reckon the risk is overstated
I think the worry is that back in his home environment surrounded by people of his childhood, even his parents aren't exactly squeaky clean.

I'll back him in though

For the cheap price freo paid I'd have loved to back him in with us
Yep would've been very handy to slot him into midfield. One hopes Milera can be somewhere near his on field standards in years to come.

I wouldn't classify Harley Bennell as developing from within though, seeing Freo traded for him.

Freo and Hawks have not blooded young talent en mass. Hawthorn let Jed Anderson go.

North has tried recruiting to improve.

We are looking for improvement from Crouch x2, Atkins, Knight, CEY, Lever etc.
On top of that, we recruited for improvement for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back