Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scaphoids are why hand surgeons have gray hair but without knowing the details of HB2's injury it's hard to comment. It's possible at the time of the draft his surgeon was confident it was healing well. It's potentially a career ending injuring as the last resort treatment is wrist fusion.

Where is this intel coming from that we did not check him out? Heresay? Rumour? That fact that people on a footy forum say it does not mean it's true (or false for that matter).

For me it's more like a guy saying I have a couple of cars in the garage already, and if I can buy this one cheap and get it fixed that's a long term investment strategy.

Duds DudleyDocker It's easy for an old farts like you and I to arrive at the conclusion that if a player has had an operation on his wrist in October and has spent all summer in rehab doing more running than your lookalike Forest Gump that there is something wrong and maybe our due diligence medical check hadn't been done or the wrist was worse than first thought. The club has made no comment about it and he is not listed on Yesterdays injury list.@couldhavebeen may have seen Balic at training today if he was cleared late yesterday or did Coulda see him in the rehab group with Apeness when he was arranging a pool session with Lawrie Laurence and Mick Apeness.;):p:p:D:thumbsu:

Where is this intel coming from that we did not check him out? Heresay? Rumour? That fact that people on a footy forum say it does not mean it's true (or false for that matter).

For me it's more like a guy saying I have a couple of cars in the garage already, and if I can buy this one cheap and get it fixed that's a long term investment strategy.

This.
All this other stuff about not checking him out is ridiculous.
We would have interviewed him and gone through the physical stuff.
It is fair to speculate that we did not think he would get to our pick. It is most likely we took a calculated risk, a risk that hasn't gone bust yet.
He could still come up trumps for us.
Who actually saw Ross paying out on his boss for not doing due diligence ? It isn't even Ross' job to get involved in recruiting.

Thanks for the info but I doubt the comment about the hip as there is at least one poster on our board who has got Harley mixed up with Hurley. He is running well and not favoring any side as against Hurley who when injured tried to keep training and limped in his gait.

And to think he has run 992 laps of Fremantle oval with that bung hip.

Not over anyone else notable of much hype or excitement.

38. Harley Balic
39. Rhys Mathieson
47. Sam Skinner
49. Bailey Rice
54. Mitch Brown

Watching the highlights of all these guys I'm still happy that our recruiters went for a long term approach with Balic so he can look like potentially a top 10 pick in a year or two rather than these hit and miss players.

Just pisses me that Adams went a pick or two earlier!!! Has looked good with the Doggies and would of been plug and play/Mcpharlin replacement.

I have heard that Balic's wrist might need more surgery, and he will miss the majority of 2016 or potentially the whole season.
- I posted this in January

This.
All this other stuff about not checking him out is ridiculous.
We would have interviewed him and gone through the physical stuff.
It is fair to speculate that we did not think he would get to our pick. It is most likely we took a calculated risk, a risk that hasn't gone bust yet.
He could still come up trumps for us.
Who actually saw Ross paying out on his boss for not doing due diligence ? It isn't even Ross' job to get involved in recruiting.

My info is solid. We should all be happy that we have a coach like Ross who demands the best from our players, and support staff.

I also heard similarly in that we weren't expecting Balic to be available so didn't check his medical details, and also there is a hip injury he has which is giving him issues. Very disappointing if true.

I on 720 heard that Balic and Bennell will play in the Geelong NAB Cup game . Suban was quoted in an interview today at training .

Just pisses me that Adams went a pick or two earlier!!! Has looked good with the Doggies and would of been plug and play/Mcpharlin replacement.
Not to mention them taking Kieran Collins the first pick before ours. Although I don't mind the cut of Darcy Tucker's jib, he's very professional in all of his interviews for a 19 year old and I reckon he's going to be a 200 - 300+ gamer for us.

Very disappointing news to hear about Balic! I think the positives we can take out of it though is that he was probably picked up more as a project player anyway so we can take our time with him and on top of that is that he can still do cardio work. Its not like with a leg injury or anything like that so he can still continue to build his tank. I'm not sure what type of weights he could do to build his body but I would say there is still a modified programme that he can do to put a bit of weight on.

Not over anyone else notable of much hype or excitement.

38. Harley Balic
39. Rhys Mathieson
47. Sam Skinner
49. Bailey Rice
54. Mitch Brown

Watching the highlights of all these guys I'm still happy that our recruiters went for a long term approach with Balic so he can look like potentially a top 10 pick in a year or two rather than these hit and miss players.
The players of note (so far) that were picked up after Balic were Rhys Mathieson (very promising Brisbane midfielder who should play Round 1), Tom Phillips (Collingwood forward-mid who won the Pies' 2 km time trial who should also play Round 1), Nathan Broad (Richmond mature aged defender from Swan Districts) and the two mature-age defenders that Essendon drafted (Michael Hartley and Mitch Brown). Mathieson and maybe Phillips are probably the only two I'm upset that we overlooked for Balic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finally accepted that Jack Hannath turn like a turtle , clarke in and Hannath out for cats match.

UFO= > sorry to left you as the only fan fighting for him. :confused:

I finally accepted that Jack Hannath turn like a turtle , clarke in and Hannath out for cats match.

UFO= > sorry to left you as the only fan fighting for him. :confused:
Nah one day Hannath will have his Eureka moment and become a super awesome power forward for us!

Nah one day Hannath will have his Eureka moment and become a super awesome power forward for us!
Hannath's "Eureka!" moment will be in October this year when he's delisted and decides that he's going to take up a career in physiotherapy.

Too bad you can't arrest people for being dicks :mad:
I reckon he'd make a wonderful masseur. Such a powerful upper body...he'd be able to work out the most difficult of knots.

I reckon he'd make a wonderful masseur. Such a powerful upper body...he'd be able to work out the most difficult of knots.
Serial_thrilla the first customer Hannath in for masseur if he is delisted.

Very disappointing news to hear about Balic! I think the positives we can take out of it though is that he was probably picked up more as a project player anyway so we can take our time with him and on top of that is that he can still do cardio work. Its not like with a leg injury or anything like that so he can still continue to build his tank. I'm not sure what type of weights he could do to build his body but I would say there is still a modified programme that he can do to put a bit of weight on.

This whole rumour about not being able to fix his wrist us just a rumour. I'd take it as bulls...t until it's made official.

He was training today looks in great shape. Give me a factual article and I'll believe he has a permanent wrist problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back