Universal Love 2015-2016 Masterpieces

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Last year the AFC were rocked by one of the biggest tragedies a club can suffer. We missed the Cats game and went to Subiaco for our first game under Scott Camporeale taking over from Phil Walsh. The lads played as well as they could in a game of 2 good quarters by either side. At some stages I thought we could hold off for a fantastic win to do honour to PW. But alas the emotion seemed to get the better of the boys. Seeing the after game emotion spill openly and honestly was great to see and you could see the players show that bond that would hold us through the year.

This year on our return trip to Subiaco PW was in a lot of peoples minds , as well I am sure , the players. The win was exceptional and masterminded by another coach who came through the WC system. This group is really strong and tight.

I think PW was right- from 11.09

I'll sound again a bit like a weirdo but great art comes out of a level of frustration," Walsh said.
"When I was in Amsterdam I did go to the Van Gogh Museum and I'm not an art critic … there's a man with great frustration. "I looked at that painting Sunflowers and for a bogan from Hamilton like myself, I could actually see the beauty in that frustration."So although our fans are frustrated, we're frustrated, we like to think there's some masterpieces still to be painted this year."

And this year.

Last year the AFC were rocked by one of the biggest tragedies a club can suffer. We missed the Cats game and went to Subiaco for our first game under Scott Camporeale taking over from Phil Walsh. The lads played as well as they could in a game of 2 good quarters by either side. At some stages I thought we could hold off for a fantastic win to do honour to PW. But alas the emotion seemed to get the better of the boys. Seeing the after game emotion spill openly and honestly was great to see and you could see the players show that bond that would hold us through the year.

This year on our return trip to Subiaco PW was in a lot of peoples minds , as well I am sure , the players. The win was exceptional and masterminded by another coach who came through the WC system. This group is really strong and tight.

I think PW was right- from 11.09

I'll sound again a bit like a weirdo but great art comes out of a level of frustration," Walsh said.
"When I was in Amsterdam I did go to the Van Gogh Museum and I'm not an art critic … there's a man with great frustration. "I looked at that painting Sunflowers and for a bogan from Hamilton like myself, I could actually see the beauty in that frustration."So although our fans are frustrated, we're frustrated, we like to think there's some masterpieces still to be painted this year."

And this year.

Great post. I think our best wins since Phil's passing have been:

- v Port ('They're going to win! Phil Walsh's team are going to win! The closest Showdown ever!')
- v West Coast at Adelaide Oval (quarter time score was 51-1 ... we seem to be able to stop West Coast scoring for long periods ;) )
- v Bulldogs, elimination final (backs against the wall but we got iver the line when it mattered)
- v Sydney at Adelaide Oval (hadn't beaten the Swans in years, and matched it with their midfield)
- v GWS at Adelaide Oval (the form team in the competition ... not anymore)
- last night. To a certain extent, that tops them all.

We are having some seriously good wins lately. GO THE CROWS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back