List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya donged it on the noggin 95BM. We passed on the ready-made FB who is excellent overhead, makes good decisions, is as professional on the field as off it, has great endurance, has some of the cleanest hands in the business and can launch the ball off one step to pinpoint a running target 60m away for another average midfielder whose key point of difference is that he uses his burst of acceleration to get into space where he can spray it equally as well off both feet. Outstanding.

Then we rookie JGM, whose disposal is also somewhat less than inspiring, because we don't have any KPDs under development. I just don't agree with taking the pseudo FB and then pretending we've addressed the issue when the real McCoy was available to us. While I'm probably being a little hard on young Cuningham here and need to give the kid a chance, I just think there was a better option available to us at that pick.

Collins is a "man child" and may become a great player.

Did he dominate due to his physical advantage - will he be able to continue doing this?

I am sceptical about "early developers" - plenty of these have turned out to be busts!!

Collins is a "man child" and may become a great player.

Did he dominate due to his physical advantage - will he be able to continue doing this?

I am sceptical about "early developers" - plenty of these have turned out to be busts!!
Couldn't agree with you more. Was predicted to go before our 4th pick yet those teams, us and a couple afterwards that also needed a key back let him go.
Very similar attributes to Watson maybe?
Lacks a bit of mobility which means there wouldn't be match up every week.
It isn't a pressing need at the moment either. I can see that position being addressed through FA down the track.

Completely forgot about him but what happened to Jake Bradley? Just not good enough or is he too young?

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over Tomlinson or Hendersook knowing that Weitering, Curnow, McKay, Silvagni and Glass-McCasker are at the club.

Tomlinson may have hastened a rebuild and is a known quantity but we would have paid overs for perhaps only the 7th best tall at GWS and having already pillaged Plowman and Jaksch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back