Review 2015 Buddy Expectations & Reviews

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really disappointed with how my buddy was treated this year. He paid heavily for the loss against Richmond, when it clearly wasn't all his fault. I felt that, as one of our senior players who has contributed to so much at the club (on and off the field), he will simply just be dismissed and forgotten.
I think we really missed his delivery out of the backline in the 2nd half of the year. When he had the ball in the back half, you knew it would hit a target. I don't think that could be said for any of our other defenders sadly.

I guess I'm going to have to set my sights pretty high for 2015:

A Grade - Brownlow, Norm Smith, back-to-back AFLPA MVP, 3x Doig

B Grade - Top 5 Brownlow again, spends more time up forward and finishes top 3 in goals kicked for Freo for 2015.

C Grade - Gets tagged all season & doesn't improve at shaking them. Not even talked about by the end of the year in Brownlow betting.

D Grade - Loses Brownlow eligibility for punching someone's punchable face. Spends +4 games on the sidelines suspended.

I may update these before the season starts because this was just a quick rundown.
Well... he can't win the Norm Smith, and we don't know about the Doig yet. But he did get the Brownlow & the MVP.
I must admit... I didn't really expect him to reach the A Grade - I was going for some pretty ridiculous expectations.

So all in all I give Fyfey's season an A. I don't think there's much better than being the best player in the competition, who still managed to be one of the best on ground in a game with a broken fricken leg! A+ would be if he'd played all the games (inc the GF) and not gotten injured.

I'm kinda sad that I probably won't get Nat for a buddy next year, because obviously I'm a bit in love with him, but he's going to be a hot commodity in the buddy draft.

I may have to settle for my house becoming a shrine to Fyfe.

Well... he can't win the Norm Smith, and we don't know about the Doig yet. But he did get the Brownlow & the MVP.
I must admit... I didn't really expect him to reach the A Grade - I was going for some pretty ridiculous expectations.

So all in all I give Fyfey's season an A. I don't think there's much better than being the best player in the competition, who still managed to be one of the best on ground in a game with a broken fricken leg! A+ would be if he'd played all the games (inc the GF) and not gotten injured.

I'm kinda sad that I probably won't get Nat for a buddy next year, because obviously I'm a bit in love with him, but he's going to be a hot commodity in the buddy draft.

I may have to settle for my house becoming a shrine to Fyfe.

Allikat I think you should get Nat again as reward for being such an outstanding buddy.

Matt Taberner

A Grade: Establishes himself as key piece of Fremantles forward line and provide consistent . 40 goals.
B Grade: Establishes himself in the forward line but has a few quiet games, will need to work on consistency in 2016. 20 goals
C Grade: No further improvement on 2014 output. 10 goals.
D Grade: Flounders in the WAFL. What the f** happened?!

Need a big summer out of you, Tabs.

BUMP

To review Buddy Performances for 2015 in advance of setting expectations for 2016 per the criteria set by go_the_dockers below.

It will be good if every players has his expectations set so that way, at the end of next season we can rate the players accordingly.

Format -
Buddy
A Grade - Well beyond expectations
B Grade - Above expectations
C Grade - Below expectations
D Grade - Shocking year, has done a Sylvia

Aaron Sandilands (aka 211)

A GRADE
  • Takes more marks/game (career average of only 3.7)
  • Takes more contested marks/game (2014 average of only 1.8)
  • Maintains 2014 taps/game (38) but improves rate to advantage
  • Enjoys another good run with injuries (misses < 4 games)
  • Asserts himself & takes hold of games more often like that shown in the Geelong 2013 QF
B GRADE
  • Misses > 4 games due to injury but is there when the whips are cracking
  • Maintains career average stats
  • Contributes to a Top 4 finish for the team
  • If he takes out Paul Puopolo properly this time, I’ll increase his grade to B+
C GRADE
  • Injury interrupted year and limps into the finals
  • Team suffers without his presence finishing in the bottom half of 8
  • Considers retirement at the end of 2015
  • Still makes Puopolo’s white shorts change colour to match his guernsey
D GRADE
  • Injury destroys his year
  • No impact on the team
  • Retires at end 2015

- Average marks (2015) 3.4 vs. 3.7 (career)
- Average Contested marks (2015) 2.0 vs 1.8 (career)
- Average Taps (2015) 43.4 vs. 38 (career)
- Average Goals (2015) 0.4 vs. 0.4 (career)
- Played all season though weighed down with a bit of a back niggle at times.
- Wins the Doig Medal B&F

On that basis, 211 gets an A- from me. It would have been an A+ if he'd taken more contested marks and kicked more goals for the team. Hoping David Hale can help him improve on those elements for 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back