2015; Bye Rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
true. as a result i think im going to focus on trading for the long term instead of trying work my way through the byes

here is my side so far...i can get through rd 11 but im relying on a lot of spuds. i'd like to get Pearce and Wines in as well as get rid of Hogan if possible

View attachment 142652

By my rough count, using my played R10/not played R10 / injured formula you'll have

Round 11
19/1/0

Round 12
17/2/2

Round 13
17/1/2

That's not too bad, considering your players that didn't play R10 include Bonts and Lever.

By my rough count, using my played R10/not played R10 / injured formula you'll have

Round 11
19/1/0

Round 12
17/2/2

Round 13
17/1/2

That's not too bad, considering your players that didn't play R10 include Bonts and Lever.
yeah but that 19 only includes 10 or 11 premos, plus i'd like to do some trades and none of them really fit well with the byes.

yeah but that 19 only includes 10 or 11 premos, plus i'd like to do some trades and none of them really fit well with the byes.

At this point of the year having plenty of warm bodies available and depth are probably more important than having premos, if you are still going to get premos in this week then probably look at a Priddis, Wines or someone with a R13 bye.

rd 12 team
16-19 playing (before trades, but I might not make any)

Pittard, Burboyne, Simpson, Smith, McIntosh, Lever
Dangerfield, Treloar, Selwood, Wines, CEY?, Nelson?
Goldy, Blicavs
Gray, Dusty, Motlop, Tarrant, McGovern?

CEY might be dropped/sub, Nelson might come in and McGovern could be out injured

How many players is everyone looking at this week?

After trades I've got 18-20, depending on whether ANB and Dale play.

If Hamling and Dale play, i'll be rocking 18, but will alter my trades if they dont.

Pre trades I'm looking at 16 if Dale and Clark play :eek:

I'm very tempted to throw the round

MightyMark

Posted this first in the Rnd 11 discussion thread answering your question. But feel that it's better placed here:

19 trades remaining so planning to go hard.

At the moment, considering Saad + Miller + Neale to Sloane + B.Smith + Deledio.

Would give me:

DEF: Pittard, Yeo, McIntosh, Smith, Lever, Hamling
MID: Beams (c), Selwood, Burgoyne, Hodge, Sloane, Deledio, Amon (inj?)
RUC: Goldstein, Jacobs
FWD: Gray, Martin, Ziebell, Hogan, Tarrant, Dale

Best case: D6 + M7 + R2 + F6 = 21

Then, in Round 13.

Sub Burgoyne + Hodge with Yeo + McKenzie

DEF: Ibbotson, Burgoyne, Hodge, McIntsoh, Smith, Lever and Hamling
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Deledio, McKenzie
RUC: Jacobs, Cox (won't play)
FWD: Swan, Martin, Lonie, Dale

I'd definitely trade out both Hogan and Tarrant, likely subbing Deledio fwd to buy another midfielder. I would consider trading out someone like KMcIntosh as well, as I'd have a surplus in defence.

In any case, Best case: D6+1, M8, R1, F6 (including trading in players for Hogan and Tarrant) = 21

I'd really love to hear thoughts on this.

I've no issue burning 3 and 3 trades in the next 2 rounds.

MightyMark

Posted this first in the Rnd 11 discussion thread answering your question. But feel that it's better placed here:

19 trades remaining so planning to go hard.

At the moment, considering Saad + Miller + Neale to Sloane + B.Smith + Deledio.

Would give me:

DEF: Pittard, Yeo, McIntosh, Smith, Lever, Hamling
MID: Beams (c), Selwood, Burgoyne, Hodge, Sloane, Deledio, Amon (inj?)
RUC: Goldstein, Jacobs
FWD: Gray, Martin, Ziebell, Hogan, Tarrant, Dale

Best case: D6 + M7 + R2 + F6 = 21

Then, in Round 13.

Sub Burgoyne + Hodge with Yeo + McKenzie

DEF: Ibbotson, Burgoyne, Hodge, McIntsoh, Smith, Lever and Hamling
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Deledio, McKenzie
RUC: Jacobs, Cox (won't play)
FWD: Swan, Martin, Lonie, Dale

I'd definitely trade out both Hogan and Tarrant, likely subbing Deledio fwd to buy another midfielder. I would consider trading out someone like KMcIntosh as well, as I'd have a surplus in defence.

In any case, Best case: D6+1, M8, R1, F6 (including trading in players for Hogan and Tarrant) = 21

I'd really love to hear thoughts on this.

I've no issue burning 3 and 3 trades in the next 2 rounds.

I already replied in the other thread :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already replied in the other thread :p

I think I need to skip Brodie Smith.

My Rnd 14 backline is looking like - Hodge, Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo, Ibbotson, Hamling, Lever, McKenzie

Whilst I don't particularly love any of Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo or Ibbotson, Smith isn't necessarily going to outscore them. I need to keep a spot in there for Heath Shaw who is definitely going to outscore them.

I'm now considering Saad + Miller + Neale to Marc Murphy + Bontempelli + Sloane.

That would leave me with a post-round 13 team of:

DEF: Hodge, Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo, Ibbotson, Hamling (Lever, McKenzie)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Parker, Kennedy, Sloane, Selwood, Murphy, (Amon)
RUC: Goldstein, Jacobs, Cox
FOR: Gray, Martin, Swan, Bontempelli, Ziebell, Lonie (Dale)

Tarrant + Hogan + KMcIntosh have all been excluded. Each of them would (likely) be traded out in Round 13, probably bringing in Deledio as a forward and in Round 14, upgrading one of Hamling, Lever or McKenzie to Heath Shaw.

I'd potentially have 11 trades remaining after Round 14, with Deledio and Heath Shaw added to the team. I could then look at doing luxury moves/trading out for injuries.

....or should I get rid of the Murphy, Ziebell and Bontempelli types, and chase big time players like Dangerfield, Priddis and Goddard?

I think I need to skip Brodie Smith.

My Rnd 14 backline is looking like - Hodge, Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo, Ibbotson, Hamling, Lever, McKenzie

Whilst I don't particularly love any of Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo or Ibbotson, Smith isn't necessarily going to outscore them. I need to keep a spot in there for Heath Shaw who is definitely going to outscore them.

I'm now considering Saad + Miller + Neale to Marc Murphy + Bontempelli + Sloane.

That would leave me with a post-round 13 team of:

DEF: Hodge, Burgoyne, Pittard, Yeo, Ibbotson, Hamling (Lever, McKenzie)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Parker, Kennedy, Sloane, Selwood, Murphy, (Amon)
RUC: Goldstein, Jacobs, Cox
FOR: Gray, Martin, Swan, Bontempelli, Ziebell, Lonie (Dale)

Tarrant + Hogan + KMcIntosh have all been excluded. Each of them would (likely) be traded out in Round 13, probably bringing in Deledio as a forward and in Round 14, upgrading one of Hamling, Lever or McKenzie to Heath Shaw.

I'd potentially have 11 trades remaining after Round 14, with Deledio and Heath Shaw added to the team. I could then look at doing luxury moves/trading out for injuries.

....or should I get rid of the Murphy, Ziebell and Bontempelli types, and chase big time players like Dangerfield, Priddis and Goddard?

I would be chasing the big players, although if you think Murphy can find his premo form again, go for it.

Bonts in the FWD line I think is a good choice, scored 83 from 3 quarters in his last game and has had 2 weeks off, he should come back out firing.

The same thing still applies for me though which is the straight swap of Neale.

If you can afford to carry him through, no point offloading him for someone like Murphy. You only need 18 players on the field, any extras are luxury, and some of the rookies this year have produced some very tasty scores.

14 likely with trading Mummy out, could be even less with the likes of Dumont possibly missing. Just here for the banter now.

I think theres little to no chance of him getting dropped, was one of their best after coming on and at least tackles hard and goes after the contested ball unlike spuds like Sam Gibson and Scott McMahon.

upload_2015-6-16_20-16-31.png to many damn blue dots , i give up what should i do? and i also have a lousy 12 trades :(

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-16_20-14-58.png
    upload_2015-6-16_20-14-58.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 5
to many damn blue dots , i give up what should i do? and i also have a lousy 12 trades :(
Suggest you do nothing this round given that your team is OK (except for this round) and you have few trades.

If you really need to trade look at McKenzie and Clark. Oxley and Saad probably worth keeping.

16 this week (17 if Dale plays) and should have at least 18 next week as well as 3 maybes (Lever, Heeney and Dale) unless there are injuries. Had 18 the first week so I should hopefully only cop two 0's across three weeks which I'll take given the injuries/lack of rookies we've had over the last few weeks

What this year has proved is that planning for Byes 12 Rounds early at the start of the season, and with early trades, is pointless. Had 18+ players each Round at the start of the year but injuries have put the sword to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back