Competitions 2015 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
ANYONE CAN ENTER THIS COMP. THE MORE THE MERRIER

GordonBlue ran this competition the last four years and it has been very successful. Unfortunately, after such an incredible run, GB is no longer able to maintain this competition and so, I, ODNBlue, along with the lovely and venerable MEB_ , have taken up the mantel. If we can do the job half as well as GB has previously done, I'll be very satisfied.

HALL OF FAME:
2011 Champion: Bluesque
2012 Champion: esoteric
2013 Champion: ODNBlue
2014 Champion: Apparently last year simply did not have a winner...

Here is a link to the 2011 thread re this comp: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803447&highlight=Knockout Footy Tipping

Here is a link to the 2012 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.910350/

Here is a link to the 2013 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.994580/

Here is a link to the 2014 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.1049120/

For those of you that haven't previously entered, this is a footy tipping comp with a difference.

Just tip one game for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

End of year tie breaker will be a tip for who you think will finish 9th (again to be tipped before round 1 begins)

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong, then you are knocked out of the competition.

A DRAW IS NOT TIPPING A WINNER, HENCE YOU GET KNOCKED OUT!

The last person in the comp wins.

If there is more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

New Rule***
You can only pick Essendon*, either to win or to lose, up until the decision on Tuesday. I'm putting this rule in place to maintain the integrity of the competition. After 2.00pm Tuesday you cannot pick * at all.

PRIZE:
To Be Confirmed (if nothing else, you will get a little Navy Blue KO Boxing Glove next to your username!)

GB was clearly some sort of computer genius and had created an excel macro form that allowed you to put in all your tips and made it impossible for players to break the comp rules. I, unfortunately, am not a computer genius and thus will have to go through manually and make sure you've all followed the rules.

Please don't break the rules.

Your tips need to be lodged by messaging them to me. Because I am doing this manually, I'm afraid I cannot allow you to change your tips after submission. The only circumstances under which tips can be changed is if you have not complied with the rules.

You must submit your tips by 11.59pm Wednesday, 1st April to give me time to check compliance and let you know if you're all good.

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Successfully posted tips:

Bluella
Wickzki
Cringle
BIGGUS 64
The Big Sticks
bluebird101
ferrisb
The Old Dark Navy's
AceAndy
HBF
Squida25
bluebunz
Chism
Just Kreuzing
darryl 23
Jeremias
BlueBelle
Jabba73
Bluesque
wally funk

Last edited:
Glad to see this competition continue, thanks ODN.

Thanks again to GB for giving us a good run.

Regards,

This years (hopeful) winner.

bluebird101

Debutant
Jun 1, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spurs
Now it feels close to the start of real footy.....
Thanks for keeping this running - I'll give it a go again.
Cheers

I have an identity crisis every time I see ODN mentioned in a post. Damn you ODNBlue.

Good to see this going again. Always a bit of fun. I'm going to put very little thought into this and get it in 3 minutes before the deadline ... as I do.

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
I have an identity crisis every time I see ODN mentioned in a post. Damn you ODNBlue.

Good to see this going again. Always a bit of fun. I'm going to put very little thought into this and get it in 3 minutes before the deadline ... as I do.
I know... I know... my bad.

If it means anything, I'm pretty sure you'll always be Numero Uno.

I know... I know... my bad.

If it means anything, I'm pretty sure you'll always be Numero Uno.

Many would disagree.

Who wants to be number two?

numbertwo.jpg

Come on peeps, don't be shy! You've gotta be in it to win it and get a cool badge just like Bluesque

Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges
That is a blazing sadles reference, you'd know this if you watched it......... :) :p ;)

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Just a quick note to remind everybody to list their losers alongside their winners. We ask for this so that we can determine whether you've picked one team to lose more than five times. As per the rules, you are not allowed to pick one team to lose more than 5 times.

If that weren't necessary, I'd probably pick between St Kilda and Melbourne to lose each week, except for the week they play each other... that week, I'd choose Hawthorn to win, no matter who they were playing! Wouldn't make for much a competition though... it would come down to who you picked ninth... which reminds me, please let me know who you pick to finish ninth!

Cheers!

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
New Rule***
After the decision on Tuesday, you cannot pick Essendon*, either to win or to lose. I'm putting this rule in place to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those that have their tips in before the decision on Tuesday can choose * at their own peril.

Last edited:
Back