Sport 2015 Cricket World Cup Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Nicholas is a terrible MC

Fitting that Clarke paid tribute to Phil Hughes who was mates with most of this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man of the match??? In a world cup final? What a hack

Seems to me that you, like Bedford, don't want people to express opinions contrary to yours, it would be pretty pointless if this board only contained your and Bedford's opinions, seems to me that is what you both want.

Seems to me that you, like Bedford, don't want people to express opinions contrary to yours, it would be pretty pointless if this board only contained your and Bedford's opinions, seems to me that is what you both want.

No i am just giving a contrary opinion and just keep pointing out why yours seems extreme

Most people think Faulkner is one of the better players on the international circuit, you called him a hack

I pointed out people disagree, then of all things he won MOM in the world cup final.

But if you want to think he is a hack i dont mind, i agree it would be boring if we all agreed and I apologise for making you feel you cannot disagree.

No i am just giving a contrary opinion and just keep pointing out why yours seems extreme

Most people think Faulkner is one of the better players on the international circuit, you called him a hack

I pointed out people disagree, then of all things he won MOM in the world cup final.

But if you want to think he is a hack i dont mind, i agree it would be boring if we all agreed and I apologise for making you feel you cannot disagree.

One of the reasons I gave for my opinion was that he benefits from the work of others.
You chided me for knowing nothing about cricket, but if you know anything about cricket then you would acknowledge that what happened yesterday was primarily the result of how Starc and Johnson bowled. That's not to dismiss Faulkner's contribution, but to say he was MOM over Starc is IMO a shocking call.

One of the reasons I gave for my opinion was that he benefits from the work of others.
You chided me for knowing nothing about cricket, but if you know anything about cricket then you would acknowledge that what happened yesterday was primarily the result of how Starc and Johnson bowled. That's not to dismiss Faulkner's contribution, but to say he was MOM over Starc is IMO a shocking call.

Ok i apologise for chiding you, i went too strong, i just felt hack went a bit over the top, but I hope we can move on?

I thought Starc should of been man of the match yesterday so agree on that point, he set that win up.

But i think its unfair to suggest Faulkner benefits from others, he plays the all round role. He will always bowl after others, and his death bowling and batting have both been good.

He is often going to bowl when its 3 or 4 wickets down already or bat when we need 80-100 to win or something.

Perhaps at times yeah he hits a 4 wins the game and gets too much credit? i dont know.

I just see a young player with talent who is not afraid of the moment and i could see him bowling and batting higher up the order going forward.

Ok i apologise for chiding you, i went too strong, i just felt hack went a bit over the top, but I hope we can move on?

I thought Starc should of been man of the match yesterday so agree on that point, he set that win up.

But i think its unfair to suggest Faulkner benefits from others, he plays the all round role. He will always bowl after others, and his death bowling and batting have both been good.

He is often going to bowl when its 3 or 4 wickets down already or bat when we need 80-100 to win or something.

Perhaps at times yeah he hits a 4 wins the game and gets too much credit? i dont know.

I just see a young player with talent who is not afraid of the moment and i could see him bowling and batting higher up the order going forward.

No need to apologise mate, all's good. We are not always going to agree.

Faulkner gets his own wickets and his own runs, if anyone disagrees with that , they don't know cricket
Thanks captain obvious.

Mark Nicholas is a terrible MC
Found myself yelling at the screen "Get the * on with it!!!" Between him and Warnie being unable to ask any cricket related question #thirsty the post match was a bit of a let down.

Beyond that, spending a bit of time in the cricket thread over the summer, fair to say it turns out some of the biggest flogs on Bigfooty's match day threads just happen to be kiwi's/indians/aussie haters. Shouldn't be surprised but two of them just happen to be Hawthorn flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back