2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt many in the seniors have played juniors at HJFC if any, however about 20 local boys who played juniors at banyule or nearby are in the senior squad having a quick look at their playing list on their website. The 19s and majority of the reserves are all local.
There still all imports, spend some money on growning your own. Instead of pillaging everyone else.

There still all imports, spend some money on growning your own. Instead of pillaging everyone else.
That they are doing champ with a good junior program now established. Imagine when they have the best of both worlds, juniors and quality top end players.

Imagine how much you will whinge then!!

You still haven't let us know who you follow...

That they are doing champ with a good junior program now established. Imagine when they have the best of both worlds, juniors and quality top end players.

Imagine how much you will whinge then!!

You still haven't let us know who you follow...
Your going to need it, for when the money tree runs out.
You will genuinely need to build a team, like everyone else.
Good Luck

Great scott. Have I been in the DeLorean and ended up in 2009.

Seems like a few are having a dig at Heidelberg for recruiting. Give it a spell. Heidelberg well under performed last year and now are getting whacked for bringing in top line talent to the league. How dare they try to improve their playing list. Prefer they drift off into the abyss like other "traditional" clubs have. I.e Lalor, North, Diamo etc

The old "how many juniors are in the side" is getting very old, and lets face it absolutely out dated. The coin going around local footy is ridiculous nowadays. You'd struggle to find many players that could turn down the lure that is coming from left right and centre from other clubs. 2's players are getting offers from lower divisions and differing leagues every year.

A ball hasnt bounced yet for 2016 and it's already a HFC bash. Go right ahead .... worked well for us in the past.

You'd be thanking the berg when you play away and you get to experience what a cultured club brings. Michelin star chefs in the tuck shop, 5 new 3D instant reply scoreboards all around the ground, pure gold infused carlton draught on tap.

How about throwing some coin into your own clubs coffers to help them bring in players, rather than piss and moan on here that other clubs are buying players.

Poor us. Give it a spell. We are happy with our club, so you be happy with yours

Isnt this forum for NFL discussions? If the community and culture is so good why do the likes of Archer, bower and co. Only have such brief stints? Surely money isnt a factor, just doesnt add up :)

Isnt this forum for NFL discussions? If the community and culture is so good why do the likes of Archer, bower and co. Only have such brief stints? Surely money isnt a factor, just doesnt add up :)

Both heading overseas. Local footy isn't everything to young men. So they haven't gone to another club which would suggest the culture is fine.

Why would your full forward go on holidays during the finals (ok, he probably thought it would be a safe time to book them, given you are usually finished by then) and then leave after the season. Doesn't add up. Must be the culture.

Pretty poor examples. You might want to do your research next time.

Bower has moved to the US in the attempt of gaining a punting contract. He played two great years with us and I'm sure if the punting thing doesn't work out he will be back at HFC.

Archer has earned a scholarship to finish his engineering degree in Hong Kong. We're hopeful that he'll be back for the second half of the season.

Money doesnt buy loyalty

Been reading this forum and just thought I might add that certain players that go to clubs for good money do often stay for a number of years and put back into the club and abide by all the rules of attending functions, etc. If they play for the jumper and embrace the club I don't see anything wrong with that.
However I don't like players jumping from club to club for the sake of a few hundred dollars or players that don't give 100% and just put there hand out each week. Also I'm not a big believer in sign ons as surely payments per game is sufficient. "Don't mind the odd incentitives thrown in". Also think no player should be on more than 1200-1500 in local footy. 1500 being for the elite!!

Example in the NFL would be Moorcroft surely. Went to Bundoora and seems to be pretty consistent and still going well. However that's an outsiders opinion.

Was booked a year in advance and as you said football isnt everything and has taken it due to the work opportunities. Funny thing is highly doubtful the pair ive mentioned will return post 'holiday'

Ill keep drumming it on here but HFC can buy success but cant buy community nor culture. Perfect example is how greensborough and macleod have gone about it.

Was booked a year in advance and as you said football isnt everything and has taken it due to the work opportunities. Funny thing is highly doubtful the pair ive mentioned will return post 'holiday'

Ill keep drumming it on here but HFC can buy success but cant buy community nor culture. Perfect example is how greensborough and macleod have gone about it.

Broken record. Have you spoken to the players involved? So you wouldn't have a clue if they are likely to return. Just like you wouldn't have a clue of Heidelberg's culture, a winning culture at that.

So keep on drumming little drummer boy, and perhaps learn how to spell your name!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broken record. Have you spoken to the players involved? So you wouldn't have a clue if they are likely to return. Just like you wouldn't have a clue of Heidelberg's culture, a winning culture at that.

So keep on drumming little drummer boy, and perhaps learn how to spell your name!!

heidelberg might have a winning culture but their club culture itself is f*cked. spend all the money they want, still won't beat greensy/mac/eltham

Sad to break it to you, but not going to run out anytime soon!

And you follow?
I'm Basil Zempilas...I'm with the channel 7 and Fox Sports Teams.

P.S your last comment reiterates my point, as much as your club has long standing history and had plenty of success, your all about the $$$$ nothing without it.

Good luck for season 2016 i hope everything "pays" off.

You are aware that 3 players in Macleod's BnF top 12 played at Heidelberg right?

Yawn...feels like we've gone back in time with all this Heidelberg talk. I'm only fairly young but have seen a fair bit of a local footy, and I think Heidelberg have made the league strong, you can say winning multiple premierships and being dominant is not good for the league (fair point). But I think it made other clubs think outside the box to get better, whether it's been down the Macleod, Greensborough, Eltham route of developing a strong junior system then filling gaps with solid recruits where necessary, or other avenues to attract quality talent.

I'd expect Heidelberg to be up there contending, but it's a bit hysterical to be taking pot shots about loyalty and culture, as well as this the league is so much stronger than when Heidelberg were dominating, and you would expect Macleod, Greensborough, NP, Eltham etc to really give them a run for their money given the strength of the clubs nowadays.

Well I'm not sure how you blokes are going to feel when you find out Trevor Barrot has consigned a small branch of his logistics empire ($5m turnover) to the HFC, with all profits going directly into the HFC coffers. Sounds sustainable to me.
Points system??

Its all to do with relativity to be honest. You can wind back 130 years if you want, still doesnt change the fact that heidelberg year in and year out splash cash. Last year the chequebook was nowhere to be seen and obviously didnt get the results desired.

Its more or less just an observation rather than tall poppy syndrome. Dont get me wrong, hats off to the tigers for having such a good succession plan thats obviously bank rolled by the pres for so many years.

Will be interesting to see how teams, particularly Heidelberg tackle the points system. Will we see more under the table stuff?

Glad ive hit a nerve :)
Dont see how you can do under the table stuff with the piots system. All players need to be registered through the league with there points. Its not like payments the league can check history themselves.

heidelberg might have a winning culture but their club culture itself is f*cked. spend all the money they want, still won't beat greensy/mac/eltham

Who says the culture is f#cked??? The armchair ninja's??? jealousy's a curse get over it build a bridge you are starting to sound like a fat kid in a candy shop with no money!

You are aware that 3 players in Macleod's BnF top 12 played at Heidelberg right?
Money doesnt buy loyalty
i disagree, I've been reading the dribble you and a few others have been boring us all with and gleaned that you're an Eltham person which explains your last post, if you spend what little money you have on mercithe ie Jay Negate,Keenan ( the Straunchie lookalike) that your club spent money on you'll form this opinion I
Money doesnt buy loyalty
Money doesnt buy loyalty
Ive been reading yours and all the other boring dribble about HFC of which I have no connection with but admire the longevity of their success.Ive also gleaned that you are an Eltham person which explains your comment about money and loyalty with your last big named/money recruit in Jay Neagle not lasting the only season he was there and now your key forward takes off like Hocking,Perry,Weatherald,Varsa,Currie etc etc.
How about a change of subject

i disagree, I've been reading the dribble you and a few others have been boring us all with and gleaned that you're an Eltham person which explains your last post, if you spend what little money you have on mercithe ie Jay Negate,Keenan ( the Straunchie lookalike) that your club spent money on you'll form this opinion I

Ive been reading yours and all the other boring dribble about HFC of which I have no connection with but admire the longevity of their success.Ive also gleaned that you are an Eltham person which explains your comment about money and loyalty with your last big named/money recruit in Jay Neagle not lasting the only season he was there and now your key forward takes off like Hocking,Perry,Weatherald,Varsa,Currie etc etc.
How about a change of subject
Sorry about that, I thought I lost the first go, you get the message

Remove this Banner Ad

Back