2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he was indigenous? My recollection is that he had a few issues going on.
Dunno, would have to look at each draft over the last 10 years. Feel free to list all the players we avoided. (Or were reluctant to take).

Sam Sheldon, Albert Proud, Shannon Rusca, Jason Roe, Rhan Hooper, X Clarke, Josh MacGunniess... Going back further we used first round selections on Des Headland and Ashley McGrath.

Not sure your argument is going anywhere.

Dayle Garlett...

Not saying we have avoided them completely just the fact the we have only drafted one in what 8 years I think is more than a coincidence.

Sam Sheldon, Albert Proud, Shannon Rusca, Jason Roe, Rhan Hooper, X Clarke, Josh MacGunniess... Going back further we used first round selections on Des Headland and Ashley McGrath.

Not sure your argument is going anywhere.
jason roe and rhan hooper, i thought they were going to be absolute guns. showed some great glimpses early. as with most draftees though the talent is there it's just the desire and dedication that separates the made it afl players and the drop outs. goes to show we can all get over excited, including me by draftees, it takes a few years in most cases to know for sure.

Here ya go, just use this. ;)
get-out-of-jail-free-card.jpg

Pre-Season Draft will be skipped as all the clubs advised the AFL they won't take part.

Paine re-drafted at #2 (unless Carlton take him at #1) and William at #20 via the pre-listing of academy selections.

Hopefully Chol and Weller get picked up at other clubs. The more academy talent at other clubs the better for the sake of the academies survival.

I know it has already been discussed but Reuben William has officially been pre-selected by Lions for the rookie draft...he's locked in. (per Brett Anderson - SEN Twitter)
This club is so racist. I mean we didnt draft Apu but we drafted Skinner. Racist.

A lot of the NT guys seem to be linked to the SA clubs where they can go and play SANFL and come through the ranks. I suppose the weaker 2nd tier comp may be hurting us. Even though we have had a lot of indigenous players come through (since the Bears) the successful ones largely came as mature age players McLean, McAdam, Johnson where the younger ones we either lost or were lost to football Proud, Headland, Clark, Corrie and the Ipswich kid who didnt want to play whose name totally escapes me. Having said that Whitey and Ash McGrath played their entire careers here. So I dont know if it is the club or are less indigenous kids being drafted by all clubs?

The SA link to the territory is nothing unusual, having lived there for a number of years, SA is linked to the territory in just about every business etc, I feel this is probably the case with footy also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just wondering form those that watch more of the NEAFL peoples opinion on where Archie Smith is at Should we be giving him another year or should we de-list him and go for Chol or someone else?

just wondering form those that watch more of the NEAFL peoples opinion on where Archie Smith is at Should we be giving him another year or should we de-list him and go for Chol or someone else?

We can't delist him now, so it's largely academic.

Hunter to the Crows. Might have been a good mature age ruck option for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back