Drezdyn

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
All Northern alliance teams
So far a ripping debut. Very composed first half of AFL Footy. Does he have tank to run out the game?
Yeah he looked really tired in the closing minutes of the match. Red as a cooked lobster. That's to be expected though. First match at afl level and only one preseason under his belt. That being said, he looks as big as any of the other players. absolute midfield beast.

I am filthy that he was denied that goal :mad:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I am filthy that he was denied that goal :mad:

So was I, until I watched the post match interview with him and his dad on the Giants site, where he basically said "yeah, I knew it was touched, I was just trying to con the goal umpire with a bit of celebration"

Makes me like him even more.

Thrashor

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS
What an outstanding debut and what an outstanding young man. Loved his defensive skills - e.g. bring down Ablett.
I can't wait for him to do the same to that one way running glory seeker that went to the Pies.
Hopper is the real deal although he will get a reality check against the Dogs three father son selections on Sunday.

isamedthegiants

Club Legend
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Holy s**t hopper talks like a future brownlow medalist. Doing it for the members and fans stuff. I remember fyfe sounding very much like hopper not that long ago

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Every time Hopper takes the field, I can see the Academy debate getting another run...angrier each time - strap yourselves in we got a decade of this!

Let them!

And no doubt when he wins this years rising star vics will be saying its an injustice, while we other hand will be celebrating the fact that our first winner of the rising star is a local NSW lad.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Holy s**t hopper talks like a future brownlow medalist. Doing it for the members and fans stuff. I remember fyfe sounding very much like hopper not that long ago

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I can't remember another draftee having the full package first year in, maybe Jaegar O'Meara (let's hope Jake stays on the paddock a bit more).

Back