List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

You know when you leave home and your mum stops pushing broccoli and steamed brussel sprouts onto your plate and you can finally eat pizza every night....until you realise you can't look at another piece of pizza again?
After 6 years I'm starting to feel the same way about promising 18yo's from the TAC Cup

Hahahaha... Not sure what to say babk to that.

suppose it's time to start looking ahead to next season :( we'll make this the official draft thread for this season, edited the title.

will be interesting to see who we draft this year. i know the majority of the recruiting is done by clayton & co, but surely eade would have some say in the direction he wants to take the club, especially the type of player's we'd go after. really hoping no more "project" players, get some natural footballers in! either that or draft 3/4 more touk millers.

suppose it's time to start looking ahead to next season :( we'll make this the official draft thread for this season, edited the title.

will be interesting to see who we draft this year. i know the majority of the recruiting is done by clayton & co, but surely eade would have some say in the direction he wants to take the club, especially the type of player's we'd go after. really hoping no more "project" players, get some natural footballers in! either that or draft 3/4 more touk millers.
Any room for an Adam Saad? :p

What are we actually desperate for?

Our forward line looks good with Dixon/Lynch/Garlett/Wright/Bennell/Matera/Martin

Our backline looks good with Kolo/May/McKenzie/Thompson/Malceski/Day/Lemmens/Harbrow/Saad + the up-and-comers Schade and Leslie (starting to get some depth in the backline, which is great)

Our midfield, surprisingly, looks bare. Yes, we've got stars with Ablett/Swallow/Prestia/O'Meara/Hallahan/Rischa/Miller/Sexton, but the skill drops significantly after that.

I'm impressed with Nicholls, and obviously we won't be drafting another ruckman given our height already.

So in saying that, I imagine we're going to be going after gun midfielders, likely those with speed and/or those with grunt. Does that sound about right?

Last edited:

Our forward line looks good with Dixon/Lynch/Garlett/Wright/Bennell/Matera/Martin

Our backline looks good with Kolo/May/McKenzie/Thompson/Malceski/Day/Lemmens/Harbrow/Saad + the up-and-comers Schade and Leslie (starting to get some depth in the backline, which is great)

Our midfield, surprisingly, looks bare. Yes, we've got stars with Ablett/Swallow/Prestia/O'Meara/Hallahan, but the skill drops significantly after that.

I'm impressed with Nicholls, and obviously we won't be drafting another ruckman given our height already.

So in saying that, I imagine we're going to be going after gun midfielders, likely those with speed and/or those with grunt. Does that sound about right?

Heart, spine, guts, aggression, belief?

Seriously, we should look using our first pick on the best player available, then trading our other 2 picks (end of first round and low 20's) for a pick in the mid to low teens.

Heart, spine, guts, aggression, belief?

Seriously, we should look using our first pick on the best player available, then trading our other 2 picks (end of first round and low 20's) for a pick in the mid to low teens.

Which one should we take?
Jack Watts Richard Tambling or Tyrone Vickery?

Biggest need for mine is hard two way runners who can spread when we have the ball and will work back just as hard when defending. Getting sick of a few of our players constantly trailing the opposition as they stream forward, or having a defender look up and no one is leading, or have a switch on and no one is gut running to the open side.

But still have to go best player available with the first round pick if it is top 5 or 6 (lock that bit in Eddie!). There is usually a bit of wriggle room but last year we took Wright because he was a clear BPA for Clayton. Hopefully the midfielders shine this year and there are good mid options so we can cover off on both need and BPA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield, surprisingly, looks bare. Yes, we've got stars with Ablett/Swallow/Prestia/O'Meara/Hallahan, but the skill drops significantly after that.

Very good analysis.

People have been ripping into Zac Smith, but every club needs back-ups for the Rucks, Forwards & Backs.

So the hunt is on for quality mid-fielders!!

We do need some runners.. You hear about all the other clubs having guys get like 15-16 in the beep test.. I think Kades our best runner? He prob runs a 13 in the beep test..
The poor guy looks so hot sweaty and spent everytime he walks off after a game!!

KK is an elite running machine.

I am pretty sure he runs around the 15.5 mark in the beep test.

KK is an elite running machine.

I am pretty sure he runs around the 15.5 mark in the beep test.

I know Prestia is up there top 3 to i think.. I know last yr a few of the NEAFL like taylor and Allen were up in the top 5 too
Abletts supposably down middle to rear in the time trials.. Yet gets 20 touches in the last qtr..

Another interesting thing to to think about atm.
Knightmare has 4 of the top 5 picks this year right now.. On talent alone being all other clubs acadamy players.. So really even if we end up with pick 3 the player himself could be the 5th or 6th best player etc.

But like always I'm sure things will change before November!! Aka the Bont. Rocketing up the charts. Etc.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2015-draft-almanac.1091303/

The year the list cloggers be gone!!!
Yes you do alright in the lousy NEAFL.. But we want a AFL premiership.
Thank you and goodbye to.

Russell
Gorringe
Tape
J. Hall
Even A.Hall
Not sure what's happeneing with Broughton? Under the impression Eades not a fan?
Also I wouldn't say No to a decent deal for Either McKenzie, Matera or Day

The first 5 have no chance of breaking into our 22..
Start fresh with 3 or 4 of the young draftees and maybe draft 2 or so mature ages with our last 2 picks..
Let's go fishing.. More Touks and Saads!!

Last edited:
Probably not this season, but I'm hopeful that after a full pre-season Day can make a May-esque move to the backline and dominate it. I feel sorry for the bloke, because he's got the skill but has never had the opportunity to hold one spot because he's constantly moved around as a utility - something he's obviously not adapting to.

In saying that, I'm still opposed to trading him for a high draft pick because I think his upside is too good to trade. As for Matera and McKenzie - if we could get an end of first round pick for either of them (yeah, I know - as if), or even a high first round for both of them, I'd take it.

I personally like McKenzie and Matera, but they're both extremely lazy players and hog a spot with no guarantee they'll perform. I'd love to keep them, but inconsistent performances don't win premierships.

In saying that, I'm still opposed to trading him for a high draft pick because I think his upside is too good to trade. As for Matera and McKenzie - if we could get an end of first round pick for either of them (yeah, I know - as if), or even a high first round for both of them, I'd take it.

If we do that we are going backwards as a club , investing 5 years in these players only to do it all over again . I dont think we will trade them but if we do its got to be for players.

The year the list cloggers be gone!!!
Yes you do alright in the lousy NEAFL.. But we want a AFL premiership.
Thank you and goodbye to.

Russell
Gorringe
Tape
J. Hall
Even A.Hall
Not sure what's happeneing with Broughton? Under the impression Eades not a fan?
Also I wouldn't say No to a decent deal for Either McKenzie, Matera or Day

The first 5 have no chance of breaking into our 22..
Start fresh with 3 or 4 of the young draftees and maybe draft 2 or so mature ages with our last 2 picks..
Let's go fishing.. More Touks and Saads!!
Shaw is a tyre kicker. Way too good for the NEAFL and not up to AFL standard. He just turns it over time and time again.

If we do that we are going backwards as a club , investing 5 years in these players only to do it all over again . I dont think we will trade them but if we do its got to be for players.
Yeah you make a good point. It would seem like a waste to have put in all that effort into them to receive nothing to return. But look at the workrate and consistency of Touk and imagine if we could get that with a first year backman (ala Kolo) or a first year small forward, to replace to two lazy 5 year players.

Shaw is a tyre kicker. Way too good for the NEAFL and not up to AFL standard. He just turns it over time and time again.

This is true.. But cant get rid of everyone..
Our depth past the 15th player sucks...
People holding onto spots that shouldnt.. We need a bottom half of list rebuild..
Shaws 2way running is 1 thing that really shines.. Hard to teach..
Hopefully with another pre season his skills come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back