List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite like what we did in this rookie draft. Especially Davis.

Not that sold on MacPherson yet but it'll be interesting to see how he goes! Defensive pressure is a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate knows Cam personally and has played against him in the ruck. He actually beat him most times and says his ruck work isn't great but is very competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys , pardon the intrusion
I believe Cam has been on a special program designed by GC all year. He has met all the requirements and been rewarded with a Rookie spot.
He is a terrific kid with strong hands and a good set shot. With his new level of conditioning and fitness he may surprise.

Can't be true. Nothing good has come from our past fitness team. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As has been said by other WAFL watchers in here, I love the fact Davis has found his way back on to an AFL list. Was a skinny, raw outside type when he was at the Eagles, but now has developed himself into a big, strong powerful athlete with a tremendous kick. Has the size to play inside, but also the weapons on the outside to give him every chance of making his opportunity into a lasting one.

Really interesting to hear that you had Loersch on a program all year. Heard absolutely nothing about him in 2015 after he got a bit of press for being dominant goalkicker as a 19 year old in the colts. Didn't think he had the athleticism or ability in the ruck to reach an AFL list, but having not seen him all year the work he's been doing could have transformed him considerably.

Ok, our list is complete. Im gonna close this thread down soon, and try and focus more on the individual player threads.

Is there anyone who can do the profile threads for todays rookies?

Don't know about today's rookies but I would think Greendog and I would duel to the death to see who gets to do a full write up on McKenzie 'Mac' Willis.

Looked at the available Guernsey numbers would love to see Mac and Ah Chee in 2, 3 or 23 as they are nice sleek numbers I'd like to get around.

Really interesting to hear that you had Loersch on a program all year. Heard absolutely nothing about him in 2015 after he got a bit of press for being dominant goalkicker as a 19 year old in the colts. Didn't think he had the athleticism or ability in the ruck to reach an AFL list, but having not seen him all year the work he's been doing could have transformed him considerably.
I thought there must've been something seriously wrong with Loersch. Even when he was 'talked about' he wasn't ever considered a genuine lock for the draft. There was surely an issue somewhere because what sort of 6'6 full forward, who kicks bags in probably the best colts unit in the state, doesn't get drafted? It was weird.

I was surprised to see him picked up but good on him. He's built like a brick shithouse and had to put up with an average Souths midfield and sharing the forward line with that gun from Douth, Bairstow. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go well in the ressies up in Queensland.

I thought there must've been something seriously wrong with Loersch. Even when he was 'talked about' he wasn't ever considered a genuine lock for the draft. There was surely an issue somewhere because what sort of 6'6 full forward, who kicks bags in probably the best colts unit in the state, doesn't get drafted? It was weird.

I was surprised to see him picked up but good on him. He's built like a brick shithouse and had to put up with an average Souths midfield and sharing the forward line with that gun from Douth, Bairstow. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go well in the ressies up in Queensland.

Basically in 2014 from what I saw he sat in the goalsquare and South kicked the ball on his head. Kicked a lot of goals, but as a 19 year old 204cm fairly unconditioned sort who was playing on guys much smaller than him can see why clubs weren't too impressed with that.

I don't think he's ever played league so wouldn't have played with Bairstow?

Was an article in the paper on him this morning, apparently most of his year was wrecked by glandular fever. Good on him for working hard on his fitness and will likewise be very interested to see how he fares over on the Gold Coast.

Saw my mate who works for AFL Media yesterday who was over in Adelaide for the draft.

Said that Sam Weidemen was nervous as before the draft as was worried GC would pick him up as he just wanted to stay in Melbourne.

He cut up all the highlight packages for the draftees for the AFL website but wasn't involved in the McKenzie Willis highlights and didn't know much about him, he though GC must have cut their own highlights package.

Saw my mate who works for AFL Media yesterday who was over in Adelaide for the draft.

Said that Sam Weidemen was nervous as before the draft as was worried GC would pick him up as he just wanted to stay in Melbourne.

He cut up all the highlight packages for the draftees for the AFL website but wasn't involved in the McKenzie Willis highlights and didn't know much about him, he though GC must have cut their own highlights package.
Further justification that the decision to draft Ah Chee over Weideman was the correct one. Always suspected he'd be a flight risk with the famous Collingwood name and strong family connections to Victoria. Added to that he was always going to be fourth in line for a key forward post behind Lynch, Day and Wright for at least a couple of years. The offers from down south would have been coming thick and fast if we had of drafted him. The Loersch WA rookie pick was a good safe back-up option.

Budarick is very stiff, had a good year and tested well. Shocked we didn't list him

Think his height went against him a bit , i watched quite a few ressies games at the back end of the year and Budarick looked a better prospect over Joyce. Only thing i can think of is they think Joyce has more scope for improvement.

Think his height went against him a bit , i watched quite a few ressies games at the back end of the year and Budarick looked a better prospect over Joyce. Only thing i can think of is they think Joyce has more scope for improvement.
Possibly the attitude of Budarick went against him too. We are recruiting players heavily based on their personality and attitude, so if his physical performance was as good as we saw yet wasn't drafted I'd say there's a good reason. In saying that, I'm a huge Budarick fan and am a little annoyed we didn't get him.

Pleased we got Joyce though.

Cool to see another local product in Joyce on the list. I believe he comes from Tweed Heads (just over the border) and played his junior footy for Coolangatta (just before the border). He later switched to the PBC Lions for senior footy and attended PBC high school. I guess that means he would have played alongside Brad Scheer this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back