List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete lack of respect for a young Gold Coast local making his way on his football journey, pretty typical of the Suns and their treatment of local GC football.Every 5th comment doesn't make it right and my interpretation is that the Moderators role is there to regulate that behaviour not initiate it.
Not arguing either way but the mods and posters in general on this forum are very fair and fun, a little sarcasm now & then is an optional extra ;)

Edit - I neglected to mention knowledgeable.

Last edited:
After everyone has had a look at our rookies now , anyone want to guess the 2 that will be upgraded at the start of the season . My guess Stanley is still a monty to be one , the other Davis.

After everyone has had a look at our rookies now , anyone want to guess the 2 that will be upgraded at the start of the season . My guess Stanley is still a monty to be one , the other Davis.

I don't know about Stanley if they wanted to upgrade him to the senior list they could have delisted some else and rookies them again, so I reckon Keough and Davis.

Stanley and Keough. Can we upgrade two - given we have 39 senior listed players ?

Only highlights I have been able to find of Davis (will have to watch some highlights on Tony Notte and some other scrubber ;))

Sorry guys - I was out of the office all last week and our resident writer has moved on to greener pastures.

Will look to have more content over the next couple of weeks.

GCFC Digital
Didn't mean to lay the boot into you mate.

Obviously everyone has time off at some point for whatever reason.
And other things to attend to.

Just remembered last year we were like 'wow' with all the behind the scenes content and images of training etc
And with such a nasty past year were all looking forward to what's ahead.
And want to be front and centre of it.

Keep doing what your doing! Love it.

Hi All,
Following are some stats on each club’s draft night performance based on Knightmare’s Power Rating top 60.
We have the team, the club's points available before the draft, points used based on KM’s Power rating top 60, the % performance and a comment on the major difference between KM and the clubs picks.
A total of 49196 points were available and 42678 points were used on KM rated players = 87%.
Also remember that teams also pick players on a needs basis as well as talent.

Carlton 7155 4507 63% : due to Weitering’s KM power rating of 3 against his selection at 1
Brisbane 4268 6190 145% : Mathieson and Keays were cheap
Essendon 5648 3527 62% : Parish & Francis rated lower
Sydney 2160 2034 94% : Mills on the money
GWS 2980 5663 190% : Hopper & Kennedy were cheap
Adelaide 2681 1268 47% : Doedee not rated
Richmond 1528 937 61% : Rioli a reach
WC 1605 2198 137% : Partington cheap
Collingwood 833 465 56% : Sier not rated
North 2833 2178 77% : B McKay a reach
Fremantle 1573 1728 110% : Balic cheap
St Kilda 1603 1796 112% : Good value on all picks
Gold Coast 3698 1468 40% : Ah Chee a reach & Schoenfeld not rated
Melbourne 4512 3302 73% : Weiderman rated low
Port Adelaide 886 542 61% : Johnson not rated
Hawthorn 2453 2530 103% : Hardwick cheap
Geelong 90 0 0% : Nothing to start with
WB 2693 2347 87% : Solid picks

Sounds a little alarming. Considering we had such reasonable picks.

Sounds a little alarming. Considering we had such reasonable picks.
I wouldn't worry. My guess is that the Sun's recruiters felt they should fill a need (with the best small forward) rather than taking the best available talent irrespective of position. This means that they feel they are getting close to a complete side.

Last edited:
GCFC Digital
Didn't mean to lay the boot into you mate.

Obviously everyone has time off at some point for whatever reason.
And other things to attend to.

Just remembered last year we were like 'wow' with all the behind the scenes content and images of training etc
And with such a nasty past year were all looking forward to what's ahead.
And want to be front and centre of it.

Keep doing what your doing! Love it.

You guys should have won an award last year for the first day with Touk Miller, that was awesome.

Would love some stuff with Darcy Macpherson and Brayden Fiorini reflecting on their time growing up together or Youtube sensation McKenzie Willis.

I wouldn't worry. My guess is that the Sun's recruiters felt they should fill a need (with the best small forward) rather than taking the best available talent irrespective of position. This means that they feel they are getting close to a complete side.
Complete side?
We're not Hawthorn mate.. We finished 15th lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... Ryan Davis huh? Didn't see that coming.

He's got an interesting story. We picked him up as a NSW scholarship player, he played a few games for us but spent most of his time in Perth at Swans then we de-listed him and he stayed in Perth with Swans. Played in the awesome 2010 GF where the mighty Swans upset Claremont (Andrew Krakeour was BOG and broke the Champion Data record with 42 touches and 4 goals, 16 year old Stephen Coniglio kicked 4).

I liked him when he was with us. Always played with a bit of intensity but we were rubbish then and had lots of guys all trying to establish themselves to he got the chop. Good luck to him, hope he gets a game. Matt Rosa should be a decent pickup too. Didn't want to see him go.

So... Ryan Davis huh? Didn't see that coming.

He's got an interesting story. We picked him up as a NSW scholarship player, he played a few games for us but spent most of his time in Perth at Swans then we de-listed him and he stayed in Perth with Swans. Played in the awesome 2010 GF where the mighty Swans upset Claremont (Andrew Krakeour was BOG and broke the Champion Data record with 42 touches and 4 goals, 16 year old Stephen Coniglio kicked 4).

I liked him when he was with us. Always played with a bit of intensity but we were rubbish then and had lots of guys all trying to establish themselves to he got the chop. Good luck to him, hope he gets a game. Matt Rosa should be a decent pickup too. Didn't want to see him go.

Cheers.

Rosa looks certain top22 mayb not top 16 so he is still vulnerable!

As for Davis he will have to work a little harder and dominate the NEAFL to get a run.
Both will be very handy around the club though with our young list

Last edited:
Holy s**t, Oliver. NOOO

Exactly
I invite the breathless horse traders on here to re-read this 2015 thread
You take the best available
People actually thought MELBOURNE would pass on Oliver having traded up on our dime?
They’re still laffin’
Ben Drever comment on us being left with Ah Chee was hilarious
"Watch out AFL the Suns have another forward pocket"
But Callum can’t even manage that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Exactly
People actually thought MELBOURNE would pass on Oliver having traded up on our dime?
They’re still laffin’
Ben’s comment on us being left with Ah Chhe was hilarious
Watch out AFL the Suns have another forward pocket

Demons ended up with Oliver & Weideman and made off like absolute bandits. Two guns for the next 10 years.
Everyone had us into Oliver.....
Mods should discard threads 12 months old to ease the pain.

You know when you leave home and your mum stops pushing broccoli and steamed brussel sprouts onto your plate and you can finally eat pizza every night....until you realise you can't look at another piece of pizza again?
After 6 years I'm starting to feel the same way about promising 18yo's from the TAC Cup
just because I still feel the same way

I’ll point out we also got Brodie with this trade and i’m genuinely of the opinion that he will be as good as Oliver, he’ll just take a bit longer. Reads hitouts better than any player I’ve seen - managed the 5th most centre clearances on average in the afl in the 5 week stretch he had this year.

Ah Chee also is going to take time, and it’s hard to be a forward pocket in a team that gets no I50’s but he’s shown he has what it takes to be an elite small forward. People are quick to forget that 3 week period he kicked 10 goals in last year before he got injured and came back as a defender. Including 5 goals against Adelaide in a 57 point loss

I think it would interesting to revisit that whole draft period. Clayton was forced to trade Zac Smith, Dixon and Bennell and I believe he came out in front on all 3 trades.

Bennell and #22 went to Freo for #16 and #35
Zac Smith went to Geelong for picks #49 and #53
Charlie Dixon went to Port with #19 and #49 for #10, #31, and 2 future 2nds
Pick swap - #3, #10 and #43 to Melbourne for #6, #29 and future 1st
Pick swap - #35 and #61 to Freo for #56 and future 2nd

- #16 was used to pick Brayden Fiorini = win
- #53 was used to acquire Dan Currie = win
- #31 went to West Coast for Matt Rosa = win
- #49 helped seal the Dixon deal = no loss
- #6 became Cal Ah Chee, #29 became Josh Schoenfeld and the future 1st became Will Brodie = so far a loss, but not monumental
- Freo picked Sam Collins with our pick swap, while we got Mack Willis, so now Collins has Willis' vacated Rookie spot =win
- future 2nd became Pearce Hanley and Brad Scheer = win
- 2 future 2nds were on traded to become 2017 2nds = the cursed WC trade.

- Melbourne picked Oliver with #3 and traded the other picks to get Weidemann, so they immediately come out of that deal looking like they got the better of the deal. However, the Suns have 3 guys on the list from the deal who all played Senior footy in 2018.
- We know Ah Chee has potential, but he didn't really find a role in defence this year = needs time.
- Schoenfeld gets a bad rap around here, but his footy has really improved especially his endurance at the end of games where he's still running strong as others are falling off = possible further improvement.
- Brodie has only had 2 seasons, yet is showing that he is going to be a gun next year.

From Bennell, Smith, and Dixon plus our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks we got Fiorini, Currie and Rosa plus in the draft we got Ah Chee and Schoenfeld, while Clayton picked up Darcy MacPherson and Jesse Joyce in the Rookie Draft along with a bunch of players that didn't work out. The following year, Brodie, Scheer and Hanley came as the investment rewards.

In summary - That's 5 players added in 2015 and 3 in 2016 from shrewd trading and drafting who are still on the List. Unfortunately, the future 2nds got tied up the cursed pick swap for WC2018 1st - HOWEVER!!! - that pick was flipped for Brisbane's 2019 1st Round pick so we could potentially get pick #1 out of it.

Exactly
They’re still laffin’
Ben Drever comment on us being left with Ah Chee was hilarious
"Watch out AFL the Suns have another forward pocket"

So depressing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back