List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair White played a high percentage of games as a top 22 player. He has deficiencies as we all know but is mercurial and what did it cost them? Nothing.

They did ok.

Yep, they gave up pick 44 for him and have got 36 games and 47 goals out of him so far. It's pick 44, what can you expect to come of that?

He frustrates people because he LOOKS like he could be the next great CHF and won't ever be that because of his head, but in reality the deal for White was a pretty good one for Collingwood.

Yep, they gave up pick 44 for him and have got 36 games and 47 goals out of him so far. It's pick 44, what can you expect to come of that?

He frustrates people because he LOOKS like he could be the next great CHF and won't ever be that because of his head, but in reality the deal for White was a pretty good one for Collingwood.
if you look at those numbers in isolation they could seem okay but I would hardly call him talent. It is the big game goals that count and he failed that test in Sydney and has failed in Collingwood. I don't mind the guy, but was hardly a major talent brought into the side.
Kicking goals at times when the pressure is off and the game is not on the line doesn't mean a great deal

We got Aliir with that pick so well worth it for us IMO.

if you look at those numbers in isolation they could seem okay but I would hardly call him talent. It is the big game goals that count and he failed that test in Sydney and has failed in Collingwood. I don't mind the guy, but was hardly a major talent brought into the side.
Kicking goals at times when the pressure is off and the game is not on the line doesn't mean a great deal

I'm not saying he's a major talent. We all know what Jesse White is after watching him in frustration for so many years (other than 2013, he had a genuinely good year that season imo).

If Collingwood had given up a first rounder for him, it would be a terrible deal. If they gave up a 2nd rounder it would still be a bad deal all up probably. But they gave up pick 44 for him. You can't go in with pick 44 EXPECTING that whoever you get will provide more overall than Jesse has. I mean we got Aliir Aliir and what as he done? Hardly a fraction of what White has for Collingwood because he hasn't even played a senior game and doesn't even look like he's that close. That's not to diss Aliir all that much, it's just he was pick 44. The odds of a player picked there turning into something isn't that high.

Doesn't mean that Jesse is in their long term vision for their list, but come on, they gave up barely anything to get him and he's been a mainstay of their 22. Not a bad deal.

Last edited:
Not really found a position at NEAFL level yet. I've been impressed by his athleticism at times, but he hasn't made a strong start to his professional footy career. grimlock can tell you more though.
I seem to recall him being a defender when we recruited him but he's been playing mainly as a key forward from what I've seen. He might need more time to adapt to the new role. He did very well in the pre season games.

If Leuenberger is actually down to Sydney or Essendon as his choices, this should be no contest and he'll sign with us.

Who in their right mind would pick that shambles of a club with any half decent alternative on the table?

Ben cousins, michael gardiner, keith richards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had choices?

Goddard yeah but that was pre asada

Cooney and chapman though hardly wanted

Both were hardly wanted and definitely over the hill with little to choose from.

I can understand someone like Gwilt going there last year because he would have had very few options to turn to after being cut by St.Kilda. I'd just be very surprised if a good player (when fit, in Leuenberger's case) in what should be the prime of his career decided to sign with Essendon given how gutted they have been and with the WADA appeal still hanging over their heads. And they don't even have a coach for next year (although in negotiations, the club may tell Leuenberger who the coach is going to be but haven't made it public yet, wouldn't surprise me).

I imagine Cooney, Chapman didnt give a stuff as it was post ASADA so they were hardly going to be injected with anything.

Essendon is still a viable destination given any new recruit wont be effected by the WADA appeal etc.

The club is a mess and a joke, yeah you wont get jabbed when you go round the corner, but half your team mates may get banned, and the board are morons

Would be nice if a player wanted to take unders to come and play for a top 4 side we havent had much luck there.

Buddy ? He could of asked for a bit more or a longer deal

If Freo chase Mcarthy and potentially Bennel too we can forget about Jetta ending up there. It seems increasingly likely that WCE is the only likely option for their first rounder or 2nd rounder and a player
If Freo sign McCarthy and Bennell we need a massive offseason just to try and keep pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back