2015 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (3-5 July 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

The ninth GP of the year takes us to the home of Bristish motosport for the British Grand Prix at the Silverstone.

Race Details
Lap length 5.891 km
Race laps 52
Race distance 306.2 km
Lap Record: 1:33.401 - M Webber (2013)

Current Drivers Championship Standings
1 Lewis Hamilton 169
2 Nico Rosberg 159
3 Sebastian Vettel 120
4 Kimi Räikkönen 72
5 Valtteri Bottas 67
6 Felipe Massa 62
7 Daniel Ricciardo 36
8 Daniil Kvyat 19
9 Nico Hulkenberg 18
10 Romain Grosjean 17
11 Felipe Nasr 16
12 Sergio Perez 13
13 Pastor Maldonado 12
14 Max Verstappen 10
15 Carlos Sainz 9
16 Marcus Ericsson 5
17 Jenson Button 4
18 Fernando Alonso 0
19 Roberto Merhi 0
20 Will Stevens 0

Current Constructors Championship Standings
1 Mercedes 328
2 Ferrari 192
3 Williams 129
4 Red Bull 55
5 Force India 31
6 Lotus 29
7 Sauber 21
8 Toro Rosso 19
9 McLaren 4
10 Marussia 0

Tyre choices for the British Grand Prix are the medium and hard tyre.

The weather is forecast to be good for all three days of the race weekend.

News and Notes:

Force India will be debuting their "B" Spec car at Silverstone.

McLaren are expected to have both cars featuring the shorter nose after only having one ready for Austria.

Although Red Bull used news engines at Austria, and took a 10 place grid penalty to do so, Renault are yet to any of the 12 engine tokens that are still available to them. The Austrian engine were reliability updates and Renault is expecting to deploy performance upgrades after the summer break, probably at the Belgian GP in late August.

The British Grand Prix is not being telecast live on Channel 10 - highlights only on Monday night.

Stealing my thread. Outrageous.

You'll be off to the stewards for conduct like this.
Sorry, my favourite Grand Prix of the year. Love the track, love the British racing fans, and couldn't hold back from creating the thread.

I'll take a 12 month ban....

Sorry, my favourite Grand Prix of the year. Love the track, love the British racing fans, and couldn't hold back from creating the thread.

I'll take a 12 month ban....
Forget a ban. You'll be given a fate worse than death. A drive at Red Bull.

It obviously has the status as the venue for the first ever F1 WCGP

Most successful GP for Australians with 6 wins

Brabham 59, 60, 66
Jones 80
Webber 10, 12

It's also the scene for Ricciardo's first race, in 11. It's a significant GP for Australians. Not just that. But with Germany, Australia is equal second most successful nation in Britain. Flog Poms have on the race the most.

Interestingly, despite all the success from UK flogs. Button hasn't even cracked a podium in Britain! Driven race winning, WC winning cars, podium getting cars, and come up with nada. Even in 04, he didn't win a race but picked up 10 podiums and was the best non-Ferrari driver. Even in 08 driving the heaps of junk BAR-Honda. In heavy rain, no podium. But team mate Barrichello managed to get up there!

I have a feeling he'll remain a British GP podium virgin for another year. Don't worry Jense, I'm sure you'll get there by the time you're 40.

It obviously has the status as the venue for the first ever F1 WCGP

Most successful GP for Australians with 6 wins

Brabham 59, 60, 66
Jones 80
Webber 10, 12

It's also the scene for Ricciardo's first race, in 11. It's a significant GP for Australians. Not just that. But with Germany, Australia is equal second most successful nation in Britain. Flog Poms have on the race the most.

Interestingly, despite all the success from UK flogs. Button hasn't even cracked a podium in Britain! Driven race winning, WC winning cars, podium getting cars, and come up with nada. Even in 04, he didn't win a race but picked up 10 podiums and was the best non-Ferrari driver. Even in 08 driving the heaps of junk BAR-Honda. In heavy rain, no podium. But team mate Barrichello managed to get up there!

I have a feeling he'll remain a British GP podium virgin for another year. Don't worry Jense, I'm sure you'll get there by the time you're 40.
This Pom flog predicts a Button victory!

(Alonso 2nd, Stevens 3rd and Nasr 4th )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

F1 rapidly becoming a farce....

Fernando Alonso may be forced to take further penalties this weekend as McLaren has confirmed he is likely to need another change of engine.
Alonso took a total of 25 grid place penalties at the Austrian Grand Prix due to power unit and gearbox changes. However his team has confirmed the new unit sustained damage when he and Kimi Raikkonen collided on the opening lap of the race.
“We believe that Fernando’s power unit has sustained damage from the accident and it may be necessary to change the engine,” said Honda’s senior managing officer Yasuhisa Arai.
Arai also raised the possibility of Jenson Button also needing another engine and taking further penalties at his home race.
“As for Jenson’s power unit this weekend, the issue is still under investigation,” he said, confirming a “sensor failure” ended Button’s race in Austria. Button was also penalised 25 grid places at the race.
“Honda is not looking to put any hardware updates in place for the British Grand Prix,” Arai added, “but we will optimise the power unit setting to the updated aero parts planned on the chassis.”

Well now, this could spice things up...

CI_CBLSWwAA4mjV.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article 27.4:

During the entire Event, no screen, cover or other obstruction which in any way obscures any part of a car will be allowed at any time in the paddock, garages, pit lane or grid, unless it is clear any such covers are needed solely for mechanical reasons, which could, for example, include protecting against fire.

In addition to the above the following are specifically not permitted :
a) Engine, gearbox or radiator covers whilst engines are being changed or moved around the garage.
b) Covers over spare wings when they are on a stand in the pit lane not being used.
c) Parts such as (but not limited to) spare floors, fuel rigs or tool trolleys may not be used as an obstruction.

The following are permitted :
d) Covers which are placed over damaged cars or components.
e) A transparent tool tray, no more than 50mm deep, placed on top of the rear wing.
f) Warming or heat retaining covers for the engine and gearbox on the grid.
g) A rear wing cover designed specifically to protect a mechanic starting the car from fire.
h) Tyre heating blankets.
i) Covers over the tyre manufacturer’s code numbers (not the FIA bar code numbers).
j) A cover over the car in the parc fermé overnight.
k) A cover over the car in the pit lane or grid if it is raining

So it's a slam dunk breach of the regulations. Wonder what penalty they'll get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back