Player Sponsorship 2015 Geelong Player Sponsorship - all things player options

Which player should be our first preference to sponsor in 2015?

• Mitch Clark

• Rhys Stanley

• Sam Blease

• Nakia Cockatoo

• Cory Gregson

• Dean Gore

• Jordan Cunico

• Padraig Lucey

• Other (existing player - only if available)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddy already has a sponsor, and judging from their interaction with him that I witnessed at the training last year they wont be giving it up anytime soon.

I assume we contact corporate services and they say who is free, new players mostly I'm assuming.

Gee, that Defining Films mob can pick 'em. :rolleyes:

Maybe the club gave them a great deal on Brown, Schroder & Burbury - sponsor 1 dud get 2 free ;)

They do have GHS which makes up for some of it though, but if you are a new player next year you probably wouldn't want to find out they were your player sponsor.

Or the player sponsorship for next year might be Varcoe:

Travis Varcoe's manager, Tom Petroro, says Cat is weighing up 'pros and cons' ... likely to make decision over next 24 hours

he might decide to stay

OMG!! Can you imagine meto if that happened??? Apoplexy plus!

holy s**t!
Does this mean players would actually read the crap we post on here?

In all the times we been to the footy, have never seen BigFooty's logo on the scoreboard or around the grounds. There are also many footy chat sites on the web so wouldn't have figured players would know about it. Going by the page 1 description, guess they do.

I think we should try get Stanley.
Pretty certain he will assume the position of board whipping boy so it would be a smooth transition :D

But seriously we should try get Stanley

holy s**t!

In all the times we been to the footy, have never seen BigFooty's logo on the scoreboard or around the grounds. There are also many footy chat sites on the web so wouldn't have figured players would know about it. Going by the page 1 description, guess they do.
I doubt they would read the board, but you never know I guess. I could see an SJ as someone who reads every newspaper he can find and online articles, would that extend to Internet forums in not sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holy s**t!

Well BigFooty.com's name has been on the Varcoe slide at Kardinia games for years now, as well as in the season yearbook and so on.

As far as I know BigFooty is the only forum that sponsors a suite of players. Certainly the only forum that sponsors a Geelong player.

Good question. Jim Boy.
Weghing up the options of a) getting people to contact me to have their banner removed if they so wish or b) removing it for everyone

Om the issue of a new player, the popular ones go quickly and just dont come up, so forget Selwood, Jimmy, Hawkins etc. Would generally be able to gte new players whilst academy players are usually available, especially since they started allowing multiple sponsors per player

Weghing up the options of a) getting people to contact me to have their banner removed if they so wish or b) removing it for everyone

Om the issue of a new player, the popular ones go quickly and just dont come up, so forget Selwood, Jimmy, Hawkins etc. Would generally be able to gte new players whilst academy players are usually available, especially since they started allowing multiple sponsors per player

Im fine keeping the banners up. It was something we did while he was Cats player. That has not changed just because he has moved on. I was happy to support him and the club by doing it and have no issue with it remaining. Kind hope it stays actually. I understand some people not liking him as a player etc and that is their choice but often they were not involved to begin with. Again perfectly fine and their choice.

Will add to the next one going forward too.

Go Catters

I want to keep mine too. Don't think I'll be signing up for Stanley though. Would rather a Geelong kid who we can follow his development and may not get a sponsor otherwise.

Maybe we can convert all of them to initials and year now.

More than acceptable compromise I feel.

GO Catters

Im fine keeping the banners up. It was something we did while he was Cats player. That has not changed just because he has moved on. I was happy to support him and the club by doing it and have no issue with it remaining. Kind hope it stays actually.

Go Catters
This. :thumbsu:

Sounds like a good idea, Trav was a good Geelong player an was very accommodating during the period of our sponsorship.
Don't see why all that should be forgotten just because he has chosen to pursue further opportunities.

Sounds like a good idea, Trav was a good Geelong player an was very accommodating during the period of our sponsorship.
Don't see why all that should be forgotten just because he has chosen to pursue further opportunities.
I agree, plus you see other clubs have different players listed. It's not like it's something we are ashamed of so I'm all for keeping my badges

SJ, @JimBoy can I make a suggestion to sponsor Nakia Cockatoo next year.
They are already thinking that way mate.... SJ tweeted about it Thursday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back