Player Sponsorship 2015 Geelong Player Sponsorship - all things player options

Which player should be our first preference to sponsor in 2015?

• Mitch Clark

• Rhys Stanley

• Sam Blease

• Nakia Cockatoo

• Cory Gregson

• Dean Gore

• Jordan Cunico

• Padraig Lucey

• Other (existing player - only if available)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder of the enthusiasm wanes at all when the price for the #1 pick goes up… SJ - there are different levels charged by the club I believe. What level was TV at? Not the lowest but clearly not the highest either right?

Hopefully not. Get on board people!

Go Catters
From memory I think Trav was at 21 or 23 hundred last year

Almost clicked cockatoo.
Felt too easy for me. Gore.

Jim Boy, who does a great job of organising this for us every year, is currently getting in touch with the club to find out who is available. We will endeavour to come back to you all with a few options for the board to then choose from, but generally it's more likely a new player who has come in this off season will be available as most of the existing players have existing sponsors.

To answer dazbroncos question, generally the $ cost amount is higher for premiership players than it is for rookies, and this is likely to hold true again this year, but for example it's unknown how a player like Clark, who is not a rookie but not a premiership player either, but is very experienced, would be priced within the structure.

At this stage I encourage you all to think about sponsorship, we sponsored Trav proudly for many years and it's one of, if not the longest running sponsorship of a player on bigfooty, and we contributed to the club by doing so. We hope there is enough support from you all that we can do it again and find suitable player to support over the short and long term.

Once we have more information from the club we will post details in this thread.

What's the chance of sponsoring Joel?
Always a chance.
That said, he has a current sponsor that I presume would turn up again in 15. Add to that, he's the top $$ band - approx 10k im guessing.

Doubt we would get enough gregory pecks for that knowing what getting the final amount for TV takes…..

I mean SJ would be the best information source - I could be WAY off base….

Good thought however…

Go Catters

Always a chance.
That said, he has a current sponsor that I presume would turn up again in 15. Add to that, he's the top $$ band - approx 10k im guessing.

Doubt we would get enough gregory pecks for that knowing what getting the final amount for TV takes…..

I mean SJ would be the best information source - I could be WAY off base….

Good thought however…

Go Catters
$10K?! About a quarter of that. I don't know why people keep guessing prices. I listed them earlier in this thread.

$10K?! About a quarter of that. I don't know why people keep guessing prices. I listed them earlier in this thread.

Missed it… Thanks for the update… 2700 is a STEAL…..

Go Catters

Jim Boy, who does a great job of organising this for us every year, is currently getting in touch with the club to find out who is available. We will endeavour to come back to you all with a few options for the board to then choose from, but generally it's more likely a new player who has come in this off season will be available as most of the existing players have existing sponsors.

To answer dazbroncos question, generally the $ cost amount is higher for premiership players than it is for rookies, and this is likely to hold true again this year, but for example it's unknown how a player like Clark, who is not a rookie but not a premiership player either, but is very experienced, would be priced within the structure.

At this stage I encourage you all to think about sponsorship, we sponsored Trav proudly for many years and it's one of, if not the longest running sponsorship of a player on bigfooty, and we contributed to the club by doing so. We hope there is enough support from you all that we can do it again and find suitable player to support over the short and long term.

Once we have more information from the club we will post details in this thread.
Any update on this?

What is player sponsorship & how do I get one?

Cats BF page offers a limited number of shares in the sponsorship of a player. Previously it has been Travis varcoe. Shares are 50 each. You get entered into a prize draw - about 5-6 prizes and you get a badge on your profile.

Keep following this thread for updates. It usually gets going soon. I believe that we are looking at trying to get Nakia cockatoo but that is not confirmed yet.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats BF page offers a limited number of shares in the sponsorship of a player. Previously it has been Travis varcoe. Shares are 50 each. You get entered into a prize draw - about 5-6 prizes and you get a badge on your profile.

Keep following this thread for updates. It usually gets going soon. I believe that we are looking at trying to get Nakia cockatoo but that is not confirmed yet.

Go Catters

ready for the Manning v Luck show buddy ;)

At least Manning played his last game against the Colts:p
its a team game.

And you need to play well every play and every down. Denver did not. Cost them the game.

Go Catters

Any motion on this one yet SJ?

Seems I remember doing this around this time last year…. Could be very wrong… it was 12 months ago….:oops:

Go Catters

Yes. It looks as though we will be sponsoring Cockatoo however the club is initiating co-sponsorship this year and we will be sharing the sponsorship of him.
Count me in again when the final details get announced.

Yes. It looks as though we will be sponsoring Cockatoo however the club is initiating co-sponsorship this year and we will be sharing the sponsorship of him.

Interesting. Will they be the same total amount thus we have to fill only 1/2 the number of shares so to speak, or will the sponsorship amounts double meaning that instead of the 2k ish TV was worth NC5 is now at 4k and we spilt him with another independent group. I sure all will be revealed soon.

Either way, im in.

GO Catters

I've got Grammys starting today so I'm not gonna be here much but when it open I will definitely be in again. Getting in early:)
Go Catters

I've got Grammys starting today so I'm not gonna be here much but when it open I will definitely be in again. Getting in early:)
Go Catters

Daz, we are in the process of organising the finer details including payment arrangements, and once that is done we will update everyone in this thread.

Don't worry, those who want to contribute will be given plenty of time to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back