2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
106_new_zealand.jpg
vs
33_percent_portrait.jpg
Umpires: Kumar Dharmansena and Richard Kettleborough (onfield), Ranjan Madugalle (match referee), Marais Erasmus (third umpire), Ian Gould (fourth umpire)
Australian TV Coverage: Nine/Fox Sports 3
Last time they met: New Zealand won by 1 wicket @ Auckland
Teams: New Zealand have confirmed an unchanged side, with Australia expected to be the same.

So, who's going? I've got a ticket and I'm pumped.

Last edited:

Reckon Australia will be too good, too much going in their favour.

Hoping it's a good game at the very least. Every WC final involving Australia since I've started watching one day cricket (so '99 WC onwards) has been one-sided! Probably applicable to many others ofcourse, but still..

Come on Aussies. Lets do it for Michael Clarke and Phil Hughes.

NZ have a youngish team, they can afford to lose this one. ;)

You could make the argument that New Zealand could do it for Vettori and Martin Crowe and you probably end up with both sides having the same emotional investment in winning.

Come on Aussies. Lets do it for Michael Clarke and Phil Hughes.

NZ have a youngish team, they can afford to lose this one. ;)

NZ might never make another WC final so I don't think they can afford to lose it, Vettori won't be around for the next WC and McCullum might not be either so they need to make the most of it.

Also as already pointed out NZ will have just as much motivation with Vettori retiring and Martin Crowe without much longer to live.

A shout out to Martin Crowe. While I'm obviously supporting Australia, if NZ win I'll be happy that Crowe got to see his country lift the Cup before his time comes.

"My precarious life ahead may not afford me the luxury of many more games to watch and enjoy. So this is likely to be it. The last, maybe, and I can happily live with that. To see the two sons I never had, Ross Taylor and Marty Guptill, run out in black, in sync with their close comrades, drawing on all their resolve and resilience, will be mesmerically satisfying. I will hold back tears all day long. I will gasp for air on occasions. I will feel like a nervous parent."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/856297.html

martin_crowe_600_1ahcagd-1ahcagj.jpg

IMO Williamson is our biggest threat, closely followed by Taylor. Everyone has heard it 100 times but I think the likes of McCullum and Anderson will struggle on the bigger boundaries, while Williamson and Taylor I think will thrive on the bigger gaps, and neither have had the impact they would've liked to have thus far, and both will be keen to get back amongst the runs.
Prediction: Australia by 32 runs, making around 320 with Finch to ton up and Maxwell to make a very entertaining 80 odd. Williamson to make a brave hundred and Hazlewood with a 4fa

IMO Williamson is our biggest threat, closely followed by Taylor. Everyone has heard it 100 times but I think the likes of McCullum and Anderson will struggle on the bigger boundaries, while Williamson and Taylor I think will thrive on the bigger gaps, and neither have had the impact they would've liked to have thus far, and both will be keen to get back amongst the runs.
Prediction: Australia by 32 runs, making around 320 with Finch to ton up and Maxwell to make a very entertaining 80 odd. Williamson to make a brave hundred and Hazlewood with a 4fa

Sounds good to me :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see the Aussies getting beat. NZ played out of their skin last time around yet only won by a wicket. Their openers will also struggle to swing the ball at the G', and should see Australia's batting win them the game.

It's the final we all wanted to see. Let's hope it delivers.

• Johnson to take a very entertaining 4 wickets
  • Maxwell gets Australia out of trouble and gets 80 off 40-50 balls, gets 1 wicket and therefore wins man of the match
  • Finch to get out early for less than 5 after facing 12 balls and waste the review
  • Southee only takes 1 wicket while Boult takes 3
  • Australia to set a score of 316 and NZ get 281 all out
  • Clarke makes less than 20 runs but captains the game beautifully.
  • Watson makes 70 off 60 or so balls
  • Smith gets somewhere between 50 to 70.
  • Haddin makes 30-40 off 15-25 balls.
  • Warner to make quick runs.

That is my large list of predictions, I wonder how many will come true, if any at all.

Australia easy. Just can't see a NZ win. Absolutely evertything would need to go right and Australia would need to collapse in a heap. Australia just bat so deep that if a few fire it is 300+ and good night kiwis.

Only chance I see is if NZ bat first a couple have career defining matches and the white ball swings at night and rips through the top order and pressure sets in.

Australia bat first on a sunny dry day favouring batting and a 2003 style massacre is on the cards.

Simply brilliant. Hopefully no controversial personal bullshit and a close tense game of high skill, entertainment and execution. May the best team win.
I'm glad it's New Zealand instead of a side like India or South Africa. There's just total respect between the two nations and if they win we'll happily applaud. Won't be any resentment or anything. Well I hope.

I think Australia should win. Clarke must attack, I'd bowl both left armers at McCullum and Guptill angle it straight across them, set third man on the fence, load up the slips and invite them to take it on. If you can get into them early I think we have more depth.

Never a good sign in any GF when you are reliant on 1 or 2. NZ desperately need McCallum to fire and build to 300+ and Boult to rip through the top order. Otherwise to use another sporting analogy this has an 07 Geelong vs Port feel about it.

I'm glad it's New Zealand instead of a side like India or South Africa. There's just total respect between the two nations and if they win we'll happily applaud. Won't be any resentment or anything. Well I hope.
I was thinking that on Thursday night as well. Now? I hope we flog them so hard they disappear whimpering back over the Tasman never to be seen again.

the logic says australia winning but I can't ignore the signs, vibes, momentum etc. Kiwis are going to do it and Clarke will be crying at the end of it along with Haddin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back