Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeeebuuuuuus. Its a real worry AFTER a week off.

If the bone is broken again, give Crouch the rest of the year off. No training until next pre-season and we'll pray that 6 months off will do the trick

This year is not our window. So if putting Brad on ice for the rest of the year helps him I would do just that. Walshy has always looked at 2017 being our window so lets get Brad 100% fit.

Possible Injury List Going in to Round 12
Jake Lever (ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Sam Kerridge (ankle) – 2-4 weeks
Andy Otten (knee) – 4 weeks
Brad Crouch (foot) - TBA
Mitch Grigg (ankle) – TBA
Harry Dear (shoulder) – TBA
Matthew Jaensch (knee) – season
Brent Reilly (fractured skull) – retired

Players listed as having 1 week injuries will not play this week but should be available the following week

Siggins, Lowden and Henderson return to the SANFL this week

Looking forward to Otten coming back. Will slot in nicely when he gets his confidence back. Might be right for finals and be an upgrade to Cheney/Kelly.

I don't understand where any love for Otten is coming from.

I don't have him near best XXII. He isn't strong enough to take on a true KP forward and is way too small for anyone else.

Looking forward to Otten coming back. Will slot in nicely when he gets his confidence back. Might be right for finals and be an upgrade to Cheney/Kelly.
Cheney has been outstanding for the most part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury list as of Monday, June 22
Taylor Walker (corked thigh) – Test
Brad Crouch (foot) – Test
Jake Lever (ankle) – Test
Sam Kerridge (ankle) – 2-4 weeks
Andy Otten (knee) – 3-4 weeks
Mitch Grigg (ankle) – TBA
Harry Dear (shoulder) – TBA
Matthew Jaensch (knee) – Season
Brent Reilly (fractured skull) – Retired
  • Walker (sore, corked thigh), Crouch and Lever are "expected to play"
  • Other injuries are progressing as expected
  • Grigg injured his ankle while "running" and there's no word on when he'll be back
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-06-22/injury-update-round-13

I wouldn't risk either Tex or lever unless absolutely 100%. We have replacement players so silly to take the chance as we need them for the back half of the season.

Tex is just a corky, he can either move freely or not, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a risk of it turning into a long-term injury.

Last edited:
I wouldn't risk either Tex or lever unless absolutely 100%. We have replacement players so silly to take the chance as we need them for the back half of the season.
I think we need Tex to play. Having your leader out there esp one as vocal as him goes a long way to helping us win. Without him there's a greater risk of complacency. It's a real danger game for us I think.

I think we need Tex to play. Having your leader out there esp one as vocal as him goes a long way to helping us win. Without him there's a greater risk of complacency. It's a real danger game for us I think.
If tex is out I'd like to see hendo up forward ...leave pods in the sanfl ....bring in one of knight or Atkins they are both ready for a crack but introduce them one by one

I don't understand where any love for Otten is coming from.

I don't have him near best XXII. He isn't strong enough to take on a true KP forward and is way too small for anyone else.

What concerns me most is his closing speed. He's never been overly quick and doing his second knee is unlikely to help with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back