Analysis 2015 List - By the numbers *Updated 30/12*

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated 30/12/14.

Listed by age, height, games played, and goals/goals per game.

It just gives an idea of how we shape up and where our gaps might be.

Age as of 30/12/14

2015 Carlton List by Age Judd to Tutt.PNG
2015 Carlton List by Age Bell to Walsh.PNG

Height

2015 Carlton List by Height Warnock to Menzel.PNG
2015 Carlton List by Height Dick to Tutt.PNG

Games

2015 Carlton List by Games Judd to Watson.PNG
2015 Carlton List by Games Whiley to Smith.PNG

Goals/Goal Average

2015 Carlton List by Goal Average Menzel to White.PNG
2015 Carlton List by Goal Average Johnson to Smith.PNG

Last edited:
Only 3 players over 30 :) getting a good spread.

The goals list is funny. Judd leads it. Jeffy second and likely gone. Really should have a forward up there :p

The goals list is funny. Judd leads it. Jeffy second and likely gone. Really should have a forward up there :p

No, he's gone off to win the flag he has been striving for so long.

I didn't realise Dennis was that old either. If we can trade him for Jones or Tutt (preferably Jones) whilst he has down sort of value as he's contracted, then I'll be pleased. I like Dennis as a team guy, but I think it's a case of sell high while you can. If he has another year like this year and he's a FA next year, we won't get much.

Dennis is quick but that's about it unfortunately

A straight swap for Tutt would be nice though.
It would but if we could swing Dennis + 62 for Jones and Tutt I'd be ecstatic....as much as I don't want Tutt. Reports have suggested Dogs would accept pick 62 for Tutt and a third for Jones, surely Dennis = a third? We need to keep our picks.

It would but if we could swing Dennis + 62 for Jones and Tutt I'd be ecstatic....as much as I don't want Tutt. Reports have suggested Dogs would accept pick 62 for Tutt and a third for Jones, surely Dennis = a third? We need to keep our picks.

Dennis is a tagger with limited kicking ability, minimal ball-finding ability and is currently outside our best 22.

I can't see us getting anything more then a fourth round pick at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Severe shortage of 29 and 31+ yro on the list.

The lack of goal kickers are killing us. Henderson the only one likely from the top 10 on the list. The other clubs defenders must be shaking in their boots at the prospect of coming up against our forward line based on that. Lucky we have some likely youngsters starting to turn that around.

Although Garlett and Waite didn't kick a lot of goals this year, they do attract attention which allows others to get into the game. 4 games without both of them this year and we had 7, 7, 11 goals in three, and one hig scoring game vs Saints where Casboult, Henderson and White had days out.

We may struggle structurally if all the attention goes to Casboult or Henderson next year. Walker going forward is pivotal as he mixes things up.

I know he's trade-bait but from the height, games played and age, you'd have to say Kane Lucas is a keeper.

Good pace, good tank. Decision making lets him down, confidence is shattered. He has so many attributes. Just a matter of whether we can extract them. With Garlett and maybe Armfield going, it's not the worst idea to leave some pace on the list. We're not going to get much for him. Although if ANY other club comes calling, he's walking into the PSD if we don't accept some token 4th rounder for him. He wants to play.

I reckon sometimes we can over analyse it. When Fev left we all thought we would struggle to kick goals yet we actually found more scoring options which was a god send. We will find blokes that go forward and will kick goals. It all comes down to midfield supply and having a multi pronged attack with multiple scoring options. I have faith in our coaching staff to get that mix right. Looking at our list midfield types like Gibbs, Yarran, Walker and Everitt could all be goal kickers next season. Embrace the change people, we may actually come out the other end of it a more dangerous attack!

Any chance you could change the goals to goals per game? Removing longevity at the club may give us a better idea of who is kicking our goals.

I can post all of the categories together so we can see the correlation. I don't find that stat too relevant anyway. Too many playing back and forward, tallies affected by the presence of Waite, Garlett and before that Betts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back