List Mgmt. 2015 List Management Resource and Cautiously Optimistic Off Season Thread - poll coming soon

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there are any more delistings coming, with Dangerfield out that's 5 vacancies in a weak draft - 2 promotions, Hampton in leaves 2 live picks. Any further outs are likely to be trade outs to allow trade ins, should we land more than Hampton.
Any further changes will definitely be dependent upon the outcome of FA & Trade Week. If we get more players in than out, or end up with multiple picks in the top-30, then I think we'll see some more players moved on.

Any further changes will definitely be dependent upon the outcome of FA & Trade Week. If we get more players in than out, or end up with multiple picks in the top-30, then I think we'll see some more players moved on.

We might trade more players out, chiefly to get more picks we can immediately turn around for players traded in, but I don't see us delisting anybody else. It's a weak draft, we're likely to have 2 first round selections, and even using our own second rounder as a live selection might be a stretch, let alone keeping any further we get in trade.

Not unless we pick up a 2-for-1 in trade anyway.

We might trade more players out, chiefly to get more picks we can immediately turn around for players traded in, but I don't see us delisting anybody else. It's a weak draft, we're likely to have 2 first round selections, and even using our own second rounder as a live selection might be a stretch, let alone keeping any further we get in trade.

Not unless we pick up a 2-for-1 in trade anyway.
I think it's likely that we'll end up with a player + a pick in the Dangerfield trade. I can see us using any 1st and 2nd round draft picks we end up with as "live" selections. I can't see us going "live" beyond the second round.

There's no trade targets left worth a 1st round selection with Bennell and Carlisle out of our reach, and we're guaranteed to get 9 from Geelong and retain our own 13, so that's two to use this year.

Still can't see us getting a player from Geelong. All the ones we want are contracted, and either unwilling to leave, or unwilling to be lost by Geelong. They're going to cough up sequential first round picks and while I'm sure we're very happy to use the 2016 one in a good draft, with no viable trade targets for 9 or 13 we're just going to have to use them.

There's no trade targets left worth a 1st round selection with Bennell and Carlisle out of our reach, and we're guaranteed to get 9 from Geelong and retain our own 13, so that's two to use this year.

Still can't see us getting a player from Geelong. All the ones we want are contracted, and either unwilling to leave, or unwilling to be lost by Geelong. They're going to cough up sequential first round picks and while I'm sure we're very happy to use the 2016 one in a good draft, with no viable trade targets for 9 or 13 we're just going to have to use them.
Not necessarily saying that the extra player will come from Geelong. This may be a 3-way trade.

Carlton don't have a player we can have that's worth losing a first round pick

I'll be posting a fairly massive trade scenario later that covers this (posted the first part of it here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...position-supporters-post-here.1107523/page-28) but three words immediately spring to mind... Brisbane..Jack..Redden..

Pick 13 is fair and would pip any West Coast offer I'd imagine. We need experienced guns now, we take Geelong's earlier pick to the bank and throw Brissy exactly what they deserve for a player of his quality.. take note Geelong supporters..

I don't think there are any more delistings coming, with Dangerfield out that's 5 vacancies in a weak draft - 2 promotions, Hampton in leaves 2 live picks. Any further outs are likely to be trade outs to allow trade ins, should we land more than Hampton.

What I'm absolutely itching to hear is who else we're getting rid of - whether they be De-listings or Trade-outs, I'm not fussed. I just want to see several names well and truly gone.

If anyone can enlighten me, I'm all ears.

What I'm absolutely itching to hear is who else we're getting rid of - whether they be De-listings or Trade-outs, I'm not fussed. I just want to see several names well and truly gone.

If anyone can enlighten me, I'm all ears.
Wright 90% gone imo.
They've already tried to trade him twice in the past with no suitors.
He's gone if we can manage to get another player for a pick upgrade or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NTRabbit a couple of updates to the draft order - Melbourne traded pick 25 to Essendon (for Melksham) and Hawthorn got an extra pick 39 as FA compo for Suckling.

I saw everyone talking about the Melksham deal, but couldn't find any announcements confirming it

I saw everyone talking about the Melksham deal, but couldn't find any announcements confirming it
I could have sworn that I had seen that confirmed, but I may well be wrong. It's been known to happen. Actually no it hasn't, but there's a first time for everything.

Wright 90% gone imo.
They've already tried to trade him twice in the past with no suitors.
He's gone if we can manage to get another player for a pick upgrade or something.

Cheers.

Wright? No suitors? This is the whole point I've been trying to make previously - we hang onto dead wood like no other club. If you've tried to trade out a player....twice....and nobody bites, then de-list him or just don't play him.

Van Berlo? No other club would take him if you paid them to....yet we hung onto him as Captain for years - absolutely ridiculous. o_O

Thompson is simply past it - cannot run, as I've said many times. We have been one of the top contested ball and clearance sides this year, yet it wasn't enough. Nowhere near enough. We must be prepared to give up some inside strength and clearances for the sake of better stats in general field play.

And as much as I cannot wait to see the back of him, the only player that may attract the tiniest glimmer of interest is MacKay, for the very simple fact that he can seriously run. But in Crows colours, what he cannot do is play football. In other team colours? Possibly, but I doubt it.

If we try to trade out the above four, I would not be surprised if we do not get one, single, solitary bite for any of them. And if that's the case, I hope that sends a big, loud, screaming message to our List Management Department that they have seriously under-performed for years. For a club to offer up one player for trade and not get any interest is no big deal, but to have four players on offer....3 of which are below 30....and not be able to attract any interest in any of them....that points to a seriously inept List Management Department. But whether not we do try to offload those four is another matter entirely.

We need experienced guns now

Damn....bloody....right
, and I'm glad someone raised it. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
With the exception of Eddie Betts, every last one of our "experienced veterans" must either be traded or de-listed. We have an absolute army of young Rookies, and any more trade-ins (or at least most) need to be blokes that are seasoned and ready to fire from day one. If we trade in any more under 21's, we're gonna be at least 4 years away from anything that remotely resembles a genuine Finals shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back